but I do remember my readings...

Dwaas

This thread due to the brilliant thread "Who are you when you read?".
I still have not an answer, perhaps I want to be the omni knowing oracle of which I know I'm definitely not. I can live with that. :laugh:

Now what I noticed is several people I believe to be really good cardreaders said they (more or less) don't remember their readings after finishing them. It sounds so genuine, like being omni knowing, something I would like to say as well, ;) like I'm in contact with something undescribable, something divine, being highly concentrated and in another state of mind or whatever. Are you? I like to know what that might be as I remember my readings. Well not all of them exactly, but in general I can recall the process of every reading given recently. The conversations, the feelings, everything.

Please do not misunderstand, I'm not mocking anybody, and actually I am happy with how it works for me but I am really intrigued and apparently very ignorant about other ways of reading the message of tarot. What is it that makes you forget? What happens while reading or afterwards? Would you tell, or even could you tell?

Moon mind

well hello :)
i do have readings with psychic who is very recomended. what i mean is she does have a LOT of clients.
For some good reason when she reads for me she "KNOWS" me. knows all the deatils and remembers the previous readings. It is like she taps into computer chip-thing.

I do remebr the readings that i do for people and it happens to me that I know exactly what we talked about, but really:
it is good to know how to let go...
(as i posted just minutes ago :grin: in another post...)

I really want to let go of readings with ppl!!!!! and then when i see them i want to tap into the 'known'

i am working on this..

Imagemaker

Partly it's the sheer number of readings that flow past. I'm not a professional reader, but I do enough live readings for friends, whose circumstances are changing, changing, that over time I only remember a few specific high-intensity cards or details for any particular person.

After a week or two, I don't even remember a lot of the readings I do for myself! Maybe this is an aging issue, not a oracle's detachment . . . LOL.

moderndayruth

I read for friends, often & with many cards (12) and i do remember the cards and the placemets, even for years :) It doesn't bother me, actually i like it...

Apollonia

I don't tend to remember readings unless reminded of specifics, or if the topic or mood of the reading was extraordinary. For me, it seems to be related to two things: 1) Like, Imagemaker, the number of readings I do and 2) The fact that whenever I read, I am trancing slightly, because that's how I best access my intuition and the voices of my guides. I think I could write down pretty much the whole reading immediately afterwards, but like a dream, the details, if not written down, tend to evaporate after a short time. Brain wave stuff, I guess...

lark

I'm one of the culprits that said in my post that I don't remember much of what I say.
First I think this is a coping mechanism because when you read for one person after another you need to let go of the last reading and shift gears cleanly as you go into the next.

I go into a trance like state too and that also has something to do with it.
Sometimes if a client has regular readings I will remember parts of their last reading as I'm doing the new reading if it pertains to the new question.

I found over the course of the years that if I don't shut it off I can end up reading a person for days afterwards.....I'll be in the shower and information will be popping up for them and then what do you do with that?
So I've learned to just give the information and then shut it off.

I don't know how it all works...it's funny because what I can remember is certain readings where I was given symbols...like commercials, TV shows, songs, food, ect. that directly related to the clients reading....I can remember the symbols and the cards they were attached to, but I think that is because it is a way of teaching me a new meaning for the card...so those things I retain.

Edited to add: Dwaas it's OK to remember your readings...not remembering doesn't mean someone is a better reader.
It's just two different ways of accessing the information. :)

rmag9

good thought

You know I was reading that "who are you when you read thread" and it was hard for me to explain how I read too.

I don't remember readings. I read 5-10 a day for years. Sometimes, I would have to do functions and read like 50 people at a time. I trained myself to tune in - then tune out. And that I can't explain too much, they had us train a lot at the tea rooms I worked for. A lot of it was practice of meditation.
For me, when the cards are on the table, I see them as a painting of the person sitting in front of me, it's like going into that painting, see what I have to see then getting out. I am able to see, hear, and sense things.
There have been readings I remember. Usually, when someone comes back to me and recaps them for me.

Grizabella

I can remember some things, if it's an out-of-the-ordinary meaning for some certain cards or something like that. I might not remember who the cards came up for or in what context, exactly, as far as what the whole spread was.

But I just don't try to remember the readings. It's that simple. If I wanted to remember them, I suppose I could, or I could stop and write the reading in a notebook.

I just don't think it's "precious" enough to me to do those things, though, if anyone knows what I mean by the word "precious". What I mean by that word is that it's not super, super dooper important to me to remember every single reading I do, for whom, what the question was, what cards came up and how I interpreted them.

If I were to get that fixated on my readings, I don't think I could do them as well as I do. I think it's a stream of consciousness tapped into the Divine. It's given as needed, and it will be given again as needed, so there's no need for me to try to latch onto it. It would be like trying to catch smoke and keep it in a box. :) It's going to be there the next time I need it for reading, so I trust that.

AJ

I don't even remember what I had for breakfast.

thinbuddha

I can only remember my interpretation- not specific cards. If there are Majors involved, I usually remember them. I also remember court cards, to a lesser degree... but for the pips, I only remember that there was some card or combo of cards that left me with the impression that _____.