confused?

dcharmed1

Hello

I am a newbie here. However, I have been reading cards for family and friends for free for the last 13 years.

I have a question, everytime I do a reading, I get the persons past events.
I hardly have any info on what is coming up and if it is its usually the next week or the next thing that is going to happen.

For example I just did one for a lady I dont know and i basically summed up in the reading her whole life. From moving to a new country, the ex best friend who is jealous, to her divorce to a friends new baby boy.

Is this normal?

I sometimes feel as though, this is the way of me creating a trust between me and that querent.

Has anyone here had that experience? If so, how did you move on from it and get more future results

Thanks in advance

Sakura Murasaki

Hello, welcome to AT! :)

I know that this used to happen to me a lot. But for me, it was a mixture of past and future events. Also for me, I don't consciously try to read for the future, but I focus on, "What advice does the sitter need to hear to help answer his/her question?" It's much more surprising for me to predict something accurately than interpreting the advice the Tarot has for the sitter.

I believe that if a reading focuses on the past, maybe there's something about the past that the sitter needs to confront inside him/herself. Just practice. (Though I'm sure that someone else here will have better advice than me)

Anyway, I'm tickled to see another person from Belgium on here. That's where my boyfriend's from, too, he lives outside of Antwerp. ;)

Hope my comment helped a little! Enjoy exploring the forum!

Tara2007

dcharmed1 said:
Hello

I am a newbie here. However, I have been reading cards for family and friends for free for the last 13 years.

I have a question, everytime I do a reading, I get the persons past events.
I hardly have any info on what is coming up and if it is its usually the next week or the next thing that is going to happen.

For example I just did one for a lady I dont know and i basically summed up in the reading her whole life. From moving to a new country, the ex best friend who is jealous, to her divorce to a friends new baby boy.

Is this normal?

I sometimes feel as though, this is the way of me creating a trust between me and that querent.

Has anyone here had that experience? If so, how did you move on from it and get more future results

Thanks in advance

Hello and welcome!

Well, I think it's normal depending on what type of spread you are using. Do you include a "coming influence" card or "near future" or anything of that nature. If all you're getting is the past, I'm wondering if perhaps a 3 card "past. present. future" spread might not be helpful. You can find examples of it here on AT, or any site that offers freebee automated readings can at least show you how it's used.

If at least one of your cards indicate a time in the future, then you should have no choice but to say "this kind of energy is on the rise in your life....."

I hope this was a bit helpful to you, and good luck!!

AJ

Welcome!!

There is a forum here just for spreads, read thru it and use some of the spreads there. It sounds like you haven't been using spreads or that you need to refine the questions. That said, Tarot doesn't 'tell the future', nothing can, but it can suggest potential outcomes if the card advice is followed.

Again, Welcome!

cherryberry

very interesting that you say this. It happend to me for a while as well (though on the receiving side :) ) The readings I got referred either to the current situation or the past. Although the readers usually insisted that its whats coming up, but then different things happened.
Now - not sure, I guess there might be a lot of different 'explanations' for that.

Maybe the querent is encouraged to make the descisions by themselves, and the cards want to re-enforce that. They want to show the querent what happned so far, by letting someone else explain their situation to them from an objective point :) OR

The reader, secretly, feels that they do not want to make any prediction, which may have an impact on how the querent reacts to a certain situation. (I can see this coming up for me, I had people I read for, which seemed to rely a lot on what I say....which starts to make me a bit wary... :-o ) OR

might be a bit linked with the above (and is also linked to my believe-system, whereby I think certain things are just how they are supposed to be and one doesn't really have 'free choice' because, everyone is still deciding based on their personality, so free choice....well, well....) - the outcome is unexpected and might startle the querent, so the cards want to protect them from going down a wrong path, or delaying things, by acting 'out of their' nature - which no-one really should.

I think one always needs to be reminded, that there shouldn't be any forced action (just because the reading suggested it), but how your feeling tells you what to do. - SO - it makes sense (for me) that one shows the querent the current situation and past and then they make their own descision based on that

Ahh well, not sure - I am just sharing my thoughts, though they are not conform with many others :)

dcharmed1

Tara2007 said:
I'm wondering if perhaps a 3 card "past. present. future" spread might not be helpful. You can find examples of it here on AT, or any site that offers freebee automated readings can at least show you how it's used.

If at least one of your cards indicate a time in the future, then you should have no choice but to say "this kind of energy is on the rise in your life....."

I hope this was a bit helpful to you, and good luck!!

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply

I will try the 3 card.