Changing the layout of a spread

artgoddess

I guess this question can go here. Last night I did a spread to find out if valentine's day was a good day for me to do a white candle spell. But instead
of placing my cards side by side, I arranged them in a circle. The answer I
recieved had nothing to do with the spell!!!! So I did it again side by side, and then I recieved cards that made sense. Has this happened to anyone
else?

artgoddess

rebecca-smiles

I find i can adjust a layout without a problem as long as i know what position in the layout is going to mean, that is, i don't change what the positions will mean during shuffling or after puting the cards down.

There shouldn't be a problem with you doing what you did. Perhaps as it was a circle, you were meant to find your own starting point? If you remember how the cards were laid out; i'd put them out again and see where the most likely place is to start, and read as though that card was the begining of the spread. It might still not work, but worth experimenting with :)

tarotreader2007

The spread pattern really doesn't matter unless you have some personal connection to it. For instance, if you are deeply religious and needed a religious reading, a cross for a catholic person might deeply resonate with the person. It all depends on if it has any affect on you. I would still say that you should look at the original reading. That way if you can look again at your original cards.

tarotreader2007

**PEACE**