raw quartz

finaflight

A while back someone gave me a link to look up differant crystals.

People in the forum have mentioned rose quartz and clear quartz.

Is there any use for raw quartz? A friend of mine chipped me a piece from up north - its shaped like the head of an arrow. Its Valentines Day. Thats funny!

The place is called la cloche mountains in Canada.

Is there any healing properties. And if so, is it ok to wear it as jewlery.
I heard your soppose to somehow clean stones. I remember talking about that n the forum. Running them under water I think.

cosmoline

Tarotphelia

All stones start as raw , and then they cut , carved , or tumbled and polished . So , your raw quartz is every bit as valid and powerful as a polished one . Some people even like the raw stones better since they are fresher from the earth, so to speak.

Your quartz could be any of many different varieties of quartz - did you ask your friend what kind of quartz it is ? You could do a search of pictures online and see if it resembles anything to identify it .

It's perfectly fine to wear it as jewelry . Cleanse it by running it under water for a few minutes . You will probably find other methods in one of the cleansing threads .

Bat Chicken

That quartz is a white quartz that is found throughout the Canadian Shield. We used to chip it from veins on the rocks at my cottage. The La Cloche Mountains are very old (so not very high)and are made up of vast amounts of the stuff. I don't know if there are any healing properties to it - but I used to love to make sparks in the dark with it!:)

I should think that it would share similar properties to clear quartz?

There are several options for 'cleansing' - some prefer sea salt, the full moon, burying it in the earth or smudging it.

I don't know how much help that is - but living fairly close (a few hours from Killarney) and having been there - I thought I would answer! :)

finaflight

Bat Chicken and Dark Inquisitor

Yah, I like it that the quartz is raw – Its like how I like flowers too – wild and growing in the fields – although they may make me sneeze..lol

I`m from Canada too, but I don’t get to the country much.
I might put my crystal on a gold cap and put it on a chain or something like that.

Peace
Cosmoline

wizzle

I"m not too sure what you mean by "raw quartz" so here are my ramblings on quartz.

Quartz is the most common mineral on earth. It has a huge "family" of stones and gems. They are reasonable priced even if cut as gemstones.

For healing/magick, clear crystal quartz is probably THE most useful stone/gem available. Maybe this is what you mean when you say "raw" quartz. Points or groups of clear quartz are widely available. Here's a website you might enjoy

http://www.jimcolemancrystals.com/index.html

Since quartz is so common and has been enjoyed forever, the varieties of quartz have their own names. Here are a few....

amethyst (clear purple gemstone quality)
ametrine
rose quartz
agate (many many colors and varieties)
tiger's eye
citrine
smokey quartz

This is only a partial list.

If you find a pebble you like, chances are it will be quartz.

finaflight

Thank you for taking the time to post that for me wizzle.
I have taken a look, but wiil go back again after i speak with my friend who gave it to me.

Bat chicken is from Canada and has said it is white Quartz.

I like it the way it looks, so I may make a piece of jewley out of it.

when I asked him one time about getting me a piece of quartz, I think this is what he thought I meant.
I didnt realize there were so many. I had only mentioned 2 or 3 - but will look through the list.

Thanks again
Cosmoline

Tarotphelia

When a stone is raw , which is the same as rough , it just means that it's in the same state as when it came out of the earth . It hasn't been cut into a perfect point , or tumbled into a pretty shiny stone , or polished in any way . It's a rock. It usually doesn't have much of a shape , it has sharp edges , irregular surfaces , all the stuff that happens when you're a rock .

If you go to ebay and do a search on raw quartz , quartz rough , or any other stone combined with those terms , you will come up with pictures that show what I mean .

People buy rough stones for cutting themselves , or tumbling , or using just as they are . They are usually substantially cheaper than the finished stones . And, you can find nice raw stones at the pet store sometimes , where they like to sell them to put in aquariums . I have black obsidian, rose quartz , sodalite , and lepidolite rough specimens, all from the pet store.

sharpchick

I've always called white quartz milky quartz or snow quartz.

It has similar properties to clear quartz crystal, but they are softer and more receptive. The stone is sometimes used in the same context as innocence and some people believe that wearing it allows us to look at life with the innocence of a child.

I've attached a pic for you to see if yours is the same stone.

Attachments

• milky quartz.jpg
    milky quartz.jpg
    853 bytes · Views: 58