PDA

View Full Version : Crystal trade

Little Hare
17-02-2007, 17:29
Hello One and all :D

I've done a search but couldn't really find anything, I was just wondering has anyone ever done a crystal trade here on AT? i'm interested in expanding my collection and am curious because i've heard a few members here say they go to local mines or find there own stones.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated

sharpchick
18-02-2007, 00:15
I've not seen a crystal trade, but that might be a fun thing to do.

I'd certainly be interested. I have local access to an abundant source of clear and milky quartz where I live and have picked up some lovely (although not "perfect") clear quartz points.

Briar Rose
18-02-2007, 07:31
I've traded crystals before. I made jewelry and got some tumbled crystals for the trade, here on AT. Trades are the best!!!!

Quarries have piles of Crystals. Sometimes you can go in and ask if you can look through the scrap pile(s).

An egg farm (in the village where I live) sells Crystals by the little bag full. I asked if I could look through the refill box next order. I got a couple dozen Blue Lace Agate, Amethyst, and clear Quartz Crystals for $10.00.

I found a Moonstone the size of a half dollar in the dirt on the side of some country road here.

There's a lake in upstate CT. that has Garnets. Little ones, pebbles. I filled a tiny jar one afternoon.

Perhaps you can look up what Crystals grow in your area and then you'll know what to keep your eyes open for.

Little Hare
18-02-2007, 13:28
A crystal trade would be a fun thing to do :D the only problem is as crystals can weigh quiet alot, postage may have to be restricted to people in the same country, i don't know about you guys postal system, but Australia's is expensive and at times is a pain in the bum

Mi-Shell
18-02-2007, 14:30
I would join in on a crystal trade, since I also make crystal jewellery and have several large crystal enchrusted rocks (boulders)on my property.

Little Hare
18-02-2007, 14:36
i didn't think about crystal jewellery mi-shell, that's a good one! I recently made a russian Amazonite and moss agate choker :)

Kahlie
18-02-2007, 21:01
I'd love to trade, but Holland doesn't have any Crystal Mines... :)

I really like the idea though, because Crystals here are very expensive and so very hard to come by.

Kahlie

memries
19-02-2007, 01:47
I would like to join in but not sure what we have around here so will check it out ! I know we pay a fortune for crystals !

sharpchick
19-02-2007, 02:09
I don't know if it would be of interest or value to people in the US, but my local source also has stones from many other locales. I imagine shipping would be a consideration for those overseas.

I can get a very small bag (2 in by 3 in) of tumbles for $2 US, as long as the drawstring on the bag is able close. Some of the stones I've gotten this way (about 1/2 to 1 in stones) are:

Agates of all varieties (I tend not to buy the dyed ones, but some folks like them)
Amethyst
Bloodstone (infrequently)
Citrine
Clear quartz
Hematite
Jaspers - red, yellow, brown
Lepidolite
Malachite (not very often in the mixed barrel)
Moonstone
Rose quartz
Smoky quartz (fairly infrequent)
Snowflake obsidian
Tiger eye - gold, blue, red
Tiger iron

There are also many other polished stones of about 1 to 1.5 in ranging from $1 to $4 US. The last time I was there, I bought a perfectly triangle shaped piece of polished malachite that shows incredible layers of the stone. It is 1.5 inches in length and 1 inch across at the base of the triangle. I got the stone for $3. (If you love malachite like I do, you know that it can be quite expensive.)

Alta
20-02-2007, 23:12
I discussed this with Solandia and she is okay with it.

Trading guidelines will be almost the same as those in the Trading Forum:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=22477

No commercial stuff, if you want to sell your wares you have to use the Advertisements Forum (and be a subscriber).

Happy trading,
Marion
Moderator, C&H

Briar Rose
21-02-2007, 01:49
I'm in for a trade, either crystal jewelry or just crystals.

We should pair off, make a list, and trade with someone either very far away, or someone in same countries. If we stick to a minimum # of crystals, or light weight jewelry, shipping should be VERY inexpensive.

We need a list maker, anyone want the job?

Mi-Shell
21-02-2007, 07:08
I have access to all kinds of semipreciouse stones and crystals and also would trade for books or decks...
The question is: who is loooooking for what: Can everyone put a "wish list" and a "have to trade" list???

I have handmade by me Jewellery between $ 8.00 and $1000.00 to TRADE for and all kinds of small semiprecious stone critters and beads and hand dug crystals that are 3 to 5 cm long single point quarz. I also have wolf fur and other fur to trade = small pieces for someone that needs something from his/ her Guardian/ Guide for a medicine pouch.....
I am looooooking for Magpie feathers and whatever neat crystals/ stones people have....(decks = check my profile)

Briar Rose
21-02-2007, 10:10
May I make a suggestion?:

Everyone who wants to be in the trade should type:

Yes, I want to trade. When we have an even amount of people, we can begin to make a list and trade off. Or type, yes I'll trade my crystal for "......".

So I'll start. Yes, I can trade crystals for crystals, or some crystal jewelry (stones and sterling) for The Aquarian Book if anyone has an extra copy.

How did the trade go for the Valentine's Day trade?

Satori
21-02-2007, 11:32
With Mi-Shell! LOL, just kidding.

I also make jewelry. I work at a meta shop doing readings so could get some stuff there, but I have a connection with a rock guy who does shows all over the place and have gotten my very best stones from him.

So, how is this going to work???

Someone put up a list of who is willing to trade, and let's get going.

Briar Rose
21-02-2007, 12:37
Okay, so here's who we have so far~

Peace_Pixie : Australia
Sharpchick : Arkansas
Mi-Shell : Canada
Kahlie :Holland
Elf : USA
Memries :Canada
HeavensVault :Massachuettes

If we pair off we need another person.

Alta
21-02-2007, 12:44
Clearly you can run this any way you wish, but why specific pairs? Is this a one-shot only thing?
Couldn't someone just open a thread saying what they have to trade and anyone who wants their item(s) could offer what they have in trade?
Just thinking aloud, but specific pairs seems rather restrictive to me.

Satori
21-02-2007, 13:11
Ah! Thanks Marion. I was getting caught up in the whole structured trade-gift exchange thingy. Wasn't thinking about it as in:

ISO: Bear Fetish

or

Turquoise and Silver Bracelet for Trade!!! Retail $60

Marion thanks for the slap up the side of the head!

Okay. Now I'm with you.

Is everyone hearing Marion here? We can have a crystal trading area!!!!! Start posting!!! I'm hongry!

ravenest
21-02-2007, 13:15
Can I play too please?

I did the t exchange and that was great. Can I suggest we go international as there is a greater range availible. Regards cost ... well ,I sent my tea sea mail 'cause I was broke ... it takes a long time but is a lot cheaper.

sharpchick
21-02-2007, 13:16
I'm thinking we will need photos of things offered for trade.

That will take me a little while - I have no digital camera but can get a regular one and get the photos developed on CD.

Mi-Shell
21-02-2007, 13:37
With Mi-Shell! LOL, just kidding.

I also make jewelry. I work at a meta shop doing readings so could get some stuff there, but I have a connection with a rock guy who does shows all over the place and have gotten my very best stones from him.

So, how is this going to work???

Someone put up a list of who is willing to trade, and let's get going.

Hi Elf!
Oh! I am flattered!!!! (turning red like a bead...)
What could you want/ wish for that I might have???????

Kahlie
21-02-2007, 17:49
Sharpchick,

I don't know what you would like, but I'd love to have tumbles of 2 inches, or 3 inches. A sacket like you describe. Would you know how much this would cost to send?

I'm looking specifically for several colours of Moonstone, for friends. And Lepidolite, Smoky quartz, Tiger eye - gold, blue, red, Tiger iron and Malachite.
For me, in Holland, a 2 or 3 inches stone varies from $3-$10. *yup expensive here, I know*

What I have back in trade? Uhm... It's hard to come by crystals here, so basically, I would have to go to another city to look. You can ask me for some things, and I can ask around, but I think it's more expensive for me to buy any crystal to send it back to you...

I have seen beautiful crystal rose quartz palmstones, which are 3 or 3.5 inch by 1.5-2 inch at least... they are affordable at around $10-$12, and are very beautifully polished.

However, if you want books, or Decks, I'd be happy to trade, or teas! I could also order you something on Amazon for example, and have it delivered to you.

Kahlie

Edit: We do have many bead shops, but crystal beads are hard to come by. I could check into this, because the 5th! bead shop that is in the city, supposedly sells them.

Little Hare
21-02-2007, 19:19
Mi-shell

In regards to Magpie feathers, would you want some Australian ones? :D

In Regards to trading, i am also willing to trade books and decks for crystals.

Mi-Shell
22-02-2007, 04:44
Mi-shell

In regards to Magpie feathers, would you want some Australian ones? :D

In Regards to trading, i am also willing to trade books and decks for crystals.

Hi peace_pixie!
Well, Magpie is Magpie everywhere and Mother Earth is Mother to all of us whereever we are loated upon hrt broad back or beautiful belly ---Magpie or human, so yes, Down Under Magpies are just as fine as Siberian ones!
Magpie was my father's Medicine Bird....
And I think it will not kill me to send a thin stuffed envelope with a Healing Crystal = wrapped with Sterling Silver Turquoise and Garnet to ...... whereever.....
I think I will have to get busy and make some pictures about some things I would trade for that do not break the bank!
Sterling Silver Celtic pendants/ earrings anyone???

All my Healing Crystals are smudged and invocated: Turquoise is for prevention of injurie and harm and alligned to the Winter Solstice and the return of the sunand the light = new beginnings.It is a healing stone for all First Nations people.
Garnet is used by Assiniboine and Cree healer for cleansing and fightng of cancer and other serious illnesses...
These are the tradtional First Nations meanings for the stones.....

Little Hare
22-02-2007, 06:01
Funnily enough i've had a whole bunch of magpies hanging around the house lately :D wanting to eat my toast, which i gladly share with them, i'll have a word with them and see what if they will graciously lend us some of there feathers ;)

I'll let you know when i get some

sharpchick
23-02-2007, 06:39
The contrast is not just real super in this photo. Here are some stones I have on hand for trade. If the stones are not natural points (as is the quartz) then they are tumbled stones. (Look from left to right for each row.)

Top Row: clear quartz point, 2 in long and 1.25 in wide; small quartz generator, 2 in long and 1.25 in wide at base; malachite 1.5 in by 1 in; rose quartz, 1 in; clear quartz point, 2 in long (this one is skinny)

Middle row: Tiger eye (gold) 1 in long by 1 in wide by 5/8 in thick; tiger eye (red), 1.25 in long; citrine, 1 in; blue lace agate, 1 in; moonstone (grey), 1 in.

Bottom row: Sunstone, 1 in; clear quartz tumble, 1.25 in; smokey quartz, .5 in; red jasper, 1 in; rutilated quartz tumble, 1.25 in long by 1 in wide (the rutiles are gold and you can't see them at all in the pic).

If you are interested in trading, tell me what you have. I prefer loose stones. (I have all the rose quartz I could ever want, unless it is raw.)

Satori
23-02-2007, 06:56
Funnily enough i've had a whole bunch of magpies hanging around the house lately :D wanting to eat my toast, which i gladly share with them, i'll have a word with them and see what if they will graciously lend us some of there feathers ;)

I'll let you know when i get some

elf wonders how peacepix will get those feathers....imagines plucked magpies wandering around with serious attitude wondering how they lost those feathers....

Little Hare
23-02-2007, 09:16
elf wonders how peacepix will get those feathers....imagines plucked magpies wandering around with serious attitude wondering how they lost those feathers....

LMAO!!!! funnily i just heard them calling this minute, they must want food :D I would n't dare try and sneak up and grab there feathers ;) these guys do have serious attitude :D I've always been able to find feathers, especially magpie ones, although now that i'm interested in getting a few for mi-shell i probably won't be able to find any :D

Mi-Shell
24-02-2007, 02:57
So, here are some scruffy pictures of some things thst I would offer for trade:
Pic 1 has a bunch of raw quartz crystals and 2 that I wrapped in Sterling and added Turquoise for prevention of injurie and harm.... see other post and one with Garnet...
Pic2 has a few animals, all drilled or with loop to wear as jewellery.
Heart Jade, Turtle Carnelia drilled, Turtle Snowflake Obzidian ,drilled, Bear Jet w turquoise eyes, Bear Alabaster w turquoise eyes both drilled
Aventurine Triskeratel = Celtic trinity knot = Earth, Sea + Oak, Alabaster Owl, Celtic Infinity knot Aventurine, Venus of Willendorf to be had in Moss Agate, Jet and Amethyst,Celtic Family Circle Aventurine.

Next pic there are 2 small geods, Earrings Turquoise, Sterling and Bone, Sedna, the Inuit Goddess and Keeper of the Animals carved in Bone (Bone Mother,Turtle bracelet = Bone and wood and silver,
smalllllllll Eagle, Jasper, drilled
next are Bracelets and Earrings: I have too many to list. Here are goldstone, japanese pearls Sterling and Crystal, Amethyst and Crystal, Jade, freshwater pearls and Sterling and Turquoise and SterlingI have them with all kinds of other stones too (Value: about $25.00just to give an idea)

next is something Crazzzzy! From the pre-Aztec City of Teotihuacan in Mexico - to be found there 20 years ago in EVERY Agave field: 3000 year old pottery shards and pieces of Obzidian knifes!!!!! These are more "Medicine Pouch items" than simple curios, and do not worry, no archaeologist is missing them , over kilometers of land the Earth is satuated with them and gets plowed every year> besides now they build a Wall Mart over exactly this field where these are from...
If you go there yourself check the field behind the church ruin ....
What do I waaaaant for any of it????
I have nooo idea! Aake an offer and let's see what happens......
M.

Little Hare
24-02-2007, 06:10
*peace_pixie faints away* Mi-shell wow you have alot of lovely stuff to trade, that is so neat!

*pixie goes away to ponder some more*

Mi-Shell
24-02-2007, 07:53
*peace_pixie faints away* Mi-shell wow you have alot of lovely stuff to trade, that is so neat!

*pixie goes away to ponder some more*

Ei my sweet Pixie!
Stop pondering!
Just choooose something to go with the piece of Wolf fur and the Crow Feathers I have already put aside for you in return for --- our PM conversation!
Just tell what you like and it is yours too!

I might put some more on here tomorrow......

TheBip
25-02-2007, 12:59
This sounds interesting ^_^ I dont really have much to trade for crystals tho, just a few rabbit furs and a coyote pelt (its got large holes in it tho from where I made a hat from it... but I could cut it up for scrap pieces *lol*) and I think I have a small mink pelt around somewhere. Ive also got a collection of various earth things, like whole geodes and shells and stuff...

But if anyones interested in my stuff and you have some interesting crystals, let me know :)

Briar Rose
27-02-2007, 02:47
Mi-Shell, you have a PM!

Mi-Shell
27-02-2007, 06:13
Thanks for all the Pm's and interest in the few things I have here to trade! Since people were wondering, what I realy want and as a jeweler can not just "get", I put a few books on my profile that i recently lost due the house of my friend burning down. I loooove second hand things and especially books and World music (self coppied is good) and sort of new age music that I can share with my patients/ clients for meditation and relaxation .....
What would any of you love to get that I might have and is not on the pictures???>> All you poor souls for whom crystals are realy expensive?
For me they are not and a stuffed envelope to send is not the world either!
Blessings!
M.

Mi-Shell
27-02-2007, 08:16
Here are some more things to trade something for:

hand carved Bear, black jet
Amethyst pyramid in Sterling silver
Tree of Life carving with Eagle and Serpent carved from moose bone, drilled to be worn on leather or necklace
hand carved thunderbird bone, drilled
Eagle carved from bone, double sided
Crystal balls 1or 2 cloudy rutilated quartz
Amethyst crystal double-terminated
Rosequarz double-terminated
small Bear, white shell , drilled
small Bear bone, drilled
( the white Alabaster bears are from previous picture are traded to Peace-pixie and therefore gone!)
(pixie, I can not just send one lonely white bear to NZ!
Sohe will therefore bring his mate!!!!)

next:
Native beadwork, Thunderbird
Fluorite crystal with Snowflake Obsidian cabochon
hand carved Cat bone, drilled top to bottom
Sodalite Bear drilled bone carving Sun
Whale, Labradorite
Dolphin, clear crystal with bail of your choice gemstone added

Have fun, checking things out and make me an offer!

Kahlie
27-02-2007, 16:56
Really lovely stuff. People, I'm still interested, but I'm sick at the moment, so I can't take the time to go and fix up trades, so I'm holding, until I have.

Sorry,

Kahlie

Little Hare
27-02-2007, 18:57
Okay Crystal wise i have (pictures to follow in the next couple of days)

The following are for jewellary making :D

*28 Moss Agate balls. Size:4m

* Fluorite chips (pale green, purple)

*Rose Quartz Chips

*Amethyst Chips

-There may be the possibility of Some Russion Amazonite as well

PM if your interested :D

memries
27-02-2007, 23:54
Well, I am still here and interested in trading. I am still not sure what as it is very snowy here and the only access to crystals is in the shops at the moment. I still have my eye out for a Lemurian Crystal and they are $100 or more in the shops although the lady said she would give me a discount. As our tax is app 15% it doesn't matter much about a discount as it still adds back up very quickly. I have quite a few decks I could trade for a Lemurian Crystal. I also have some large specimens of different stones as well as raw emeralds, which I bought but they sent quite a packet of them. Also, I just love opals but of course they are not available here and mostly imported from Australia. I had a nice one and gave it away ! Woe is me ! When I was in Australia I bought quite a few raw specimens and sorry now I did not buy more.

Also I bought a nugget of gold.. lol.. it is so small I lost it ! I am sure it will turn up one day when least expected.

I will take a picture of a few things and post it. Postage does not matter as you have two choices, pay it or don't send it !

Mi-Shell
28-02-2007, 05:54
Hi memries! Lemurian Crystals? are those not the pale pink quarz crystals found in Brasil??
What are you planing to do with a Lemurian Crystal?
I will see, if I can "attract" one to me...
I will let you know.
M.

Mi-Shell
02-03-2007, 07:30
Peace_pixie, Ros, HeavensVault, your parcels are in the mail!
I keep my fingers crossed that they get to you save and soon!

memries
02-03-2007, 07:43
Hi Mi Shell, they may be pink or just kind of opaque.. clear I guess. They pick them up above ground. The good ones have a triangle somewhere and they have horizontal striated lines. Some are record keepers. That is all I know really. I just wanted one for display and to hold, no big ambitions here.

Briar Rose
02-03-2007, 12:54
I am so excited about my trades here and on Tarot trading that I won't be able to sleep for weeks!!!!!

Little Hare
02-03-2007, 13:54
Thanks Mi-shell :) let me know when you get your cards. I hope you get them, if not i have another trick up my sleeve to get the wolf's too you MUWAHAHAHAHA

Chronata
02-03-2007, 17:50
What an AWESOME Thread! How could I have missed this until now?

I wanna trade for crystals too!!!

What I don't have enough of~ :D
(Or...things I am looking for!)

Quartz points and crystals
Smokey quartz crystals
obsidian bits
citrine
small crystal balls (any stone)
earrings!
anything wild, unusual or just plain cool!

What I have...

Lots of random polished stuff
some beauitiful little raw opals and a couple of nice fire opals
Shells from my lake

Handmade jewelry.
I like to make Talismans...especially animals!
so...if anyone wants an animal fetish piece (made from polymer clay, with natural stuff added to it) let me know!

I will see if I can dig up some photos!:D

For a REALLY good trade, I would even consider making a custom charm from Art clay silver...

Mi-Shell
08-03-2007, 08:44
Peace_pixie!!!!
My trade package arrived today and I absolutely LOVE what you send!!!!!
I hope you get your treasures sooon!
Let me know!
M.

Little Hare
08-03-2007, 17:55
Wooohooo! i'm so glad you got the wolf's :D i've still got the cd to send to you but will do that sometime next week when i get cashed up some more :D

Oh yes and those Wolves can be very accurate ;)

Mi-Shell
09-03-2007, 00:17
Hi Pixie!
I also just coppied a CD for you and it will go on its way tomorrow!
.....Even my husband looooves the cards!!!!!
Finaly something that he can wrap his head around!

Mi-Shell
09-03-2007, 08:50
HeavensVault!
Your trade treasure reached me safely! and it is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
Take a looooook, everyone!
I am sure there is more to be had, where THAT came from!!!!

Little Hare
09-03-2007, 09:09
Wow that is beautiful! :D

Yay for trading goodies

*sprinkle the love around*

Briar Rose
10-03-2007, 06:27
::smiling brightly::

Thank you Mi-Shell. Thank you for posting the picture. I have to learn how to do that! I hope you like it. ::hugs::

I did make more, every one is different.

And I am open to trades.

I'll let you know when I get yours Mi-Shell. I am so excited.

I had trouble the first week sleeping when this trade thing got started.

Little Hare
12-03-2007, 18:51
Mi-Shell!!!!

I got your package and am blown away by your generosity! :D Its so beautiful! Honesty when i touched and smelt the wolf fur it was like coming home, it was the oddest experiance ever :D

Its funny that you sent me the horse too as i've been told by a medium i have horses around me :)

for photos please click on the livejournal link in my profile :D

I know the photos aren't the best so i'll put down here some of what i recieved; Recycled wolf fur, crow feathers, Elk horn, faery pendant, horse pendant, turquose earrings, two owls, two bears (one will be for me the other for my long term partner when we finally get together;) ), clear quartz crystal, obsidian shard, pink stone which i can't remember of the top of my head.

I Love it!

I am so touched i just keep staring at everything

THANK YOU!

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Mi-Shell
13-03-2007, 03:39
.... The pink stone is Muskoka Pink Granite. It is the stone our log-house is build on....a little of the ground I live on for you in Australia.
I am glad, you liked, what I send!
And you can have more wolf fur..... there just was not any roooooom in the parcle anymore....
I traded that fur with a young Anishenabe lady. she is from the Wolf clan. And she had the jacket it once was for 15 years. But then, after the first baby it did not fit anymore and one day, hugging it with tears in her eyes she brought it over to my jewellery booth on the Farmer's market. I traded her Wolf Earrings for it and made her a little pouch for the newest Wolf Clan member, the son of her brother.....
I promised her the rest would be put to good use....
Let me see, if I have some pics of what I made from it....
And if anybody neeeeeeds to trade for Wolf Earrings.....

Pics coming once I made them to size...

Mi-Shell
13-03-2007, 08:39
..... I would trade for things like this ....... !?
the pouches are large = ~ 25 to 35 cm X 15 to 20 cm

Little Hare
13-03-2007, 18:22
Mi-shell

I'm really blown away by the beauty and quality of your lovely treasures :)

Guiding Cauldron
13-03-2007, 19:59
i can not believe i totally missed this thread until now! hope you dont mind i've been reading through and its been so lovely! please inform me if ever theres another one of these, i'd love to get involved. blessings xx

Mi-Shell
14-03-2007, 01:02
Hi Sunshine!
You can get involved right now!
This is not a "special occaion" thread! We trade with everyona anytime for almost anything!???
Soooooo- - - What have you got to trade that we can get exited about???????

Little Hare
14-03-2007, 06:30
The more the merrier sunshineluvr :D its not a one of thread ;)

Little Hare
15-03-2007, 12:54
does anyone have any Kyanite they would be willing to trade?

Mi-Shell
15-03-2007, 14:24
::smiling brightly::

Thank you Mi-Shell. Thank you for posting the picture. I have to learn how to do that! I hope you like it. ::hugs::

I did make more, every one is different.

And I am open to trades.

I'll let you know when I get yours Mi-Shell. I am so excited!

I had trouble the first week sleeping when this trade thing got started.

Dear heavens Vault!
I am very upset!!!! Imagine what happened! The parcel I send to you was returned to me by US post with remark "insuficient postage" I had it weight and put stamps on here by our postmaster in town! Now either that ne was still sound asleep, normaly he is a pretty bright guy or the Us postal service is .... you fill in the blank... your taxes pay for it....
Anyway I will send it of again tomorrow!!!! i will make a special trip to town for it!
I am sooooooooo sory!
And the Bone Mother inside the parcle is muttering something rather biased and unfriendly too, but tells me to let you know, she is coming even if she has to ride Broomstick Air!!
I keep you posted , even if I go postal!!!!!!!
Mi-Shell

Mi-Shell
16-03-2007, 05:39
Is it not magical, when we attract something and then within a few days/ weeks it arrives - Just ever so causualy on our doorstep!!!??
A while ago memries was lookimng for a special crystal-a Lemurian Crystal! And wouldn't you believe it, I just got such a one as a present from someone to visit up here from Argentinia. He got it in Manaos, Brazil, when he met a healer there on the outskirts of town by the docks.........
He said he had a few nore, and a small cluster, He traded them for a bag full of his older dental tools that he does not use anymore. (was a dentist)
The crystal is not large, ~6.5 cm and sweetly tinged very soft pink.
It is NOT the dyed fake kind!

It VIBRATES!!!!!!
... right into my heart......

Briar Rose
16-03-2007, 06:28
Mi-Shell, It's quite alright. Sometimes these things happen. I am just happy to send something out.

here's a nice story about sharing:

At work,we did a buildout, and tore out all the walls and I put it back together. I put a time capsule in the wall; Crystal points, Amethyst ring, and some other kewl stuff in a porcelin pot, to a total stranger, whom I shall never meet in this life time. neat huh?

I think you are such a kewl person.

hugs,

Aurora

Guiding Cauldron
16-03-2007, 08:29
hi everyone thanks for the welcome!

some of what i'm loking for is:
rainbow moonstone
thundar egg- particularly the darker purple or grey the better, i seem to always go for those colors when i see a basket of them.
calcite
chrysoprase
coral
danburite
dioptase
emerald
golden topaz
colored jade- no green
blue goldstone
kunzite
kyanite
labradorite
larimar
rainbow obsidian
pyrite
tourmaline

i dont really have crystals to trade as i'm just starting out, but i can make
crystal, tarot, oracle bags
dead sea salt bath scrubs with essential oils
herbal dream pillows
herbal bath sachets

and i try to send special secret goodies along with a trade :)

but if you have an idea pass it on and maybe i can do it, you never know until you try! :)

Briar Rose
16-03-2007, 12:46
Peace-Pixie,

I am sending you an IM. I have the Kyanite sticks.

Kisses,

Aurora

Little Hare
16-03-2007, 13:08
Peace-Pixie,

I am sending you an IM. I have the Kyanite sticks.

Kisses,

Aurora

sent one back :D

x

Rowena

Chronata
16-03-2007, 13:47
I'm posting here to more or less remind myself what I need to send out...and who I need to send it to!

Razordance...animal totem and some opals

sunshineluvr... fire opals

Ros... opals

I think that's it for now!
I will also send you guys a little treat bag of other stuff too!
I just discovered I have a lot of gemstone cabochons too! :D

Hope you all don't mind waiting until after the 25th?
I have this show to do that's taking up all my time and driving me craaaazy!

But I will be better able to do mailings after that date!

Mi-Shell
17-03-2007, 05:43
Ok:
here is a picture of the "Lemurian"/ Brazilian Healing Crystal in company with regular Crystals.

Little Hare
17-03-2007, 07:42
Wow that's a gorgeous crystal :)....

In other new Mi-Shell i wrote you a letter last night :D and i'm still asking the magpies!!!

Briar Rose
19-03-2007, 04:46
I'm sooooooooooo excited! My trades are going out tomorrow, Monday March 19 to:

Mi-Shell : wait until you see this bag of goodies.

Alan Ross: You said Amethyst, right? and other kewl stuff

Peace_Pixie : Oh girly girl, I love the parcel I'm sending you!!! Australia huh? I made it special. You're about 14,000 miles away. ::eyes widen. Imagine???? wow

Happy Trails everyone. ::smiling::

I hope we can keep this trade thing going.

Little Hare
19-03-2007, 06:33
OOOooooh Heaven's vault you've given me another couple of ideas as to what to throw into your parcel :D

Pumpkin
19-03-2007, 07:31
What kind of things are going in the packages?

Well, anyone how has got the packages so far.

I'm might exchange as well. :D It's always fun.

Briar Rose
19-03-2007, 09:07
It's like Tarot trading. Post what you have to trade for Crystals, or pick what someone has to offer. Or you can post what you wish for.

It's fun.

Little Hare
19-03-2007, 15:01
What kind of things are going in the packages?

Well, anyone how has got the packages so far.

I'm might exchange as well. :D It's always fun.

it can be anything... for example i'm exchanging a deck of cards for some kyanite with heavens vault... bascially what ever you would like to trade :D

join in its fun!!!

Briar Rose
20-03-2007, 08:38
Peace_Pixie, I just mailed yours Global Priority today. I wish I had done that on a Tarot deck trade. The poor girl in England is waiting 6 to 8 weeks to get hers. I feel bad now! Anyway, not to worry, you said it's 9 days, so next week early it will be there.

Does anyone have any Aqua Aura to trade? I am looking for pieces like what Hearth Cricket has under the thread, "Crystals Bowls."

Please let me know.

LoveLightPeace,
Aurora

Little Hare
23-03-2007, 09:39
Heaven's vault i mailed yours today :D

you should have it in approx 9 days

i hope you love it!

Briar Rose
23-03-2007, 09:49
Thank you Peace_Pixie. ;)

I am looking forward to it.

Briar Rose
23-03-2007, 13:33
Mi-Shell, I :heart: my package. The Bone Mother Angel is lovely. I take it, you carved it? It was thoughtful for you to trade it. And I love all the goodies. Thank you.

MCsea
24-03-2007, 15:18
HI

I have just bought some Aussie Agates (Agate Creek Qld) I have 7 at about the 2cm by 2cm size..

I have jpegs but I cant seem to work out how to post these, but I could e-mail them to you if you would like to see :)

anyway a quick description
Moss agate (4cm x 2cm)
all 2x2cm ish yellow-white agate
2 pink - white agate
red-white agate
yellow red agate
red flame agate
Very attractive marking, excellent quality polish, 'fresh' feeling.

I also have a small (2cm) smokey quartz which had a definate message wanted to be posted here :)

I dont mind what I swap for..

Blessings
MARINA

Alta
24-03-2007, 22:37
The ability to post images directly in a post shows up only in the Subscriber options. The only way to 'get around this' is to post your images in one of the on-line sites like Photobucket and then link to it (and you can post better resolution images that way too, as the Forum posting restrictions are quite stringent). Or, as MCsea offered, to email images to interested traders.

Mi-Shell
25-03-2007, 02:44
Mi-Shell, I :heart: my package. The Bone Mother Angel is lovely. I take it, you carved it? It was thoughtful for you to trade it. And I love all the goodies. Thank you.

She is carved from bone from moose. The moose was huntd down by our local wolves... They can not crack the upper leg bones and since I am a scavanger, I follow the raven's cacaphonia to the site and seeeeee what I can find. I then boil things in bleachy soap water to get the fat out.....
She is Sedna, the Full Moon faced underwater Goddess / Keeper of the sea mamals of the Inuit people and those - to me -are not wings, but her looooooong hair in which all the sea mamals hide. They tangle up her hair and get stuck there, and since Sedna does not have fingers to comb her hair out ( her human father choped them of when he sacrificed her to save himself from the angry Storm Spirit....)
Sedna now lives in the kelp beds with the animals and when her hair is talgling them up, hunting for the Inuit is tough!!!
Then the shaman takes his drum and "journeys to Sedna" and combs out her hair, so making her beautiful again and releasing the sea creatures....

And for anyone wondering, I still have bone left for another Sedna = the Bone Mother, Giver of Life......

MCsea
25-03-2007, 09:56
The ability to post images directly in a post shows up only in the Subscriber options.

OHHHhhhhh good that makes me feel better I thought I was 'missing' something :)

thank you Marion

MARINA

Little Hare
27-03-2007, 18:13
My Dearest :heart: HeavensVault :heart:

you have truely spoilt me! I am feeling so loved and humbled right now. you are truely gifted! your jewellary is stunning. I love the package you sent me! Fate works in weird ways as i'd been looking for some kyanite to wear around my neck and you sent me some, along with many other amazing treasures

I'm so blessed!

:heart:

memries
27-03-2007, 22:03
Hello Mi Shell... I was away and have just read your post re the Lemurian Crystal now. How lovely ! I still do not have one but due to the time element it has been on hold. I have not given up and now spring is here will be able to go a bit further afield in my search in comfort.
Also I love the pink granite you mention. Near where my son lives they have an outdoor place where they sell very large or small different types of stone.
They had some really nice big boulders of pink granite and now spring is here if they still have them I am going to buy some for his garden. They sparkle in the sun. I am very fond of Muskoka and lived in Huntsville for a while and my family had a place North of there for years. That is where I fell in love with "rocks" !

Mi-Shell
28-03-2007, 00:37
WOOOOW! Memries! that is something! Where are you now????
TODAY?????
"Gregory", "Bat Chicken" and me are meeting at my house today!!! Can you come too????????

Bat Chicken
28-03-2007, 01:46
I am very excited for that!! :D

I am also considering getting in on the action here... I have had no time to put anything together because of a lot of work, but that should lighten up considerably after Wednesday....

memries
29-03-2007, 10:28
Hello Mi Shell I did not see your invitation until too late but as it was I was committed anyway. I live in Burlington, Ontario now and my son (pink granite place) is in Welland, Ontario. Burlington is 30 miles West of Toronto and it is nice here. I had a house in Huntsville for 3 years but sold up and came South after my husband passed on. I will always love the North Country and my family had a very wild kind of place for many years, 23 miles North of Huntsville, in the woods on 111 acres. They bought it in 1946 and it stayed in the family until 4 years ago when I tried my best to buy it. It was disappointing to find out it was sold for less than I had offered and that was quite a lot but, alas, it was not meant to be.

If you have another meeting any time I would very much like to do my best to come up or meet in Toronto. Thank you.

Chronata
30-03-2007, 12:10
Stuff to Trade....

Well, I'm almost out of opals...but if anyone else still wants one, I'm sure I can scare one up!

And I have a lot of cabochons...leopard agate, jasper, rose quartz and sodalite. There may also be a few aventurine and carnelians left as well!

I also have photos of two totem/talismans I have available right now!

(I can always make one special too...just let me know, and give me ...oh...about a month!)

The first totem is Otter.
It is dedicated with Moon energy, and has pearl and moonstone accents.
The pic isn't that great, I'm afraid.

the second totem is Wolf.
It is dedicated with Mercury energy, and is accented with sodalite and labradorite.

Just let me know if you are interested!
I'm looking for basic quartz points, citrine and smokey quartz, but I would consider anything!

Little Hare
30-03-2007, 12:15
Chronata what are the totems made out off?

Chronata
30-03-2007, 12:43
I make them from polymer clay. There's usually a bit of something inside them as well!:D
Powdered herbs, inscense, or soil or stones!

These both have a bit of sandalwood in them!

Pumpkin
31-03-2007, 12:19
Oh those are so cute.

So is there anything someone can't find in their neck of the woods?

I would love to do some trading. But not sure what to trade.

I love to search for things, so I would be happy to at least try to find things that others would like to have to trade. :D

Little Hare
31-03-2007, 21:19
Post edited

Briar Rose
01-04-2007, 04:36
Peace_Pixie, I got your package (trade) today!!!! It's awesome, I love everything!!!!!Thank you so much. Everything is so me, and I shall treasure it forever!!!

Thank you!!!!!! :heart:

I am sending you a PM.

Little Hare
01-04-2007, 08:24
YaY! i'm so happy for you

*Kisses*

:heart:

poivre
05-04-2007, 00:33
New~
Synchro-Signs by Mary McNaughton
A New System of Divination Based on Ancient Universal Symbols
and Worldwide Traditions.

Open to offers if anyone is interested in a trade.

I have most common polished stones,
looking for raw stones. I have rose quartz, would like
a Ruby...maybe???

Thanks for your time,
ros
:)

also ~ DVD
Chi Kung for health by Terence Dunn
&
Chakra Yoga with Gurutej Kaur

MCsea
15-04-2007, 15:38
OK here I go my first attachment post

Hopefully these crystal pics load

There are several agate creek - natural coloured - polished agates
a moss agate
a couple little banded amethysts and a small double terminated smokey quartz :)

MARINA

wumpkie
06-05-2007, 19:16
I have most common polished stones,
looking for raw stones. I have rose quartz, would like
a Ruby...maybe???

Sorry for the delay. I have a raw ruby or at least thats what it said when I bought it. I really don't want it anymore, not to say I don't like it, but I already have rubies in raw and one in tumbled form. So if intersted let me know :D

Heres the pictures:
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s104/wumpkie/d1b0b7c4.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s104/wumpkie/871be8d4.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s104/wumpkie/d8195048.jpg

Sorry they are blurry I used my mobile :D

floracove
10-05-2007, 09:47
Sorry for the delay. I have a raw ruby or at least thats what it said when I bought it. I really don't want it anymore, not to say I don't like it, but I already have rubies in raw and one in tumbled form. So if intersted let me know :D

Heres the pictures:
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s104/wumpkie/d1b0b7c4.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s104/wumpkie/871be8d4.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s104/wumpkie/d8195048.jpg

Sorry they are blurry I used my mobile :D

Yeah, i'm not sure how all this is working right now, but I'm interested and ready to trade.

floracove
10-05-2007, 11:10
Ok, now that I've read the thread, let me see if I can get some pics loaded here for ya'll.

I made up 7 boxes that I had planned to auction on ebay, but I would much rather trade with ya'll.
{AND I have more available to be able to make up a few more boxes if anyone is interested.}

Each box is sorta like a starter set, if ya know what I mean...

Ok I find no download link, so I'll link to my photobucket.

There are also other things on that photobucket that is up for trade as well.
I have a good deal of old jewelry that someone might put into use.
We can trade for piece, or if you want the whole lot of old jewelry, well fit me up a box of goodies and we're good to go!
[I'll get to work on deleting the items that are already traded or sold.]

Each of these boxes includes herbs, crystals, candles and candle holders, incense plus several other surprises, including my own home made bath salts (If you've ever smelled a perfume called "Royal Secret" by Germain Montiel that's what this bath salt smells like).

Tote bags may vary...

This a picture of all contents of the box. (http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o64/Aspira369/?action=view&current=DSC00330.jpg)

Close up of herbs and incense as well as some of the crystals. (http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o64/Aspira369/?action=view&current=DSC00331.jpg)

Another close up... (http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o64/Aspira369/?action=view&current=DSC00332.jpg)

Close up of crystals and candle holders. (http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o64/Aspira369/?action=view&current=DSC00333.jpg)

There are one each of candle colors in each box.

Pink
Red
Yellow
Orange
Light Green
Dark Green
Light Blue
Dark Blue
Purple
Black
White
Ivory

3 simple star shaped candle holders in each box.

Crystals are 1 each stone or crystal chips in each box.

Amazonite
Amethyst
Brazilian Amethyst
Bloodstone
Blue Lace Agate
Carnelian
Citrine
Clear Quartz
Jasper
Lapis
Lepidolite
Moonstone
Rose Quartz
Tigers Eye

Cone Incense Scents In packs of 6:

Apple
Bayberry
Cinnamon
Cherry
Frangipani
Jasmine
Money
Musk
Rose
Rose Patchouli
Strawberry

And varies types of herbs in each box as well.

If you are interested in trading send me a pm and let's talk.
As far as what I'd like, well, anything that's not in the boxes of course. Unless it's a larger rock, or different herbs and inscense.

Hey, anyone got a crystal ball they want to trade?
I have wanted a fire opal since I first heard of them.
You can check out my profile for the decks I have and my wishlist.

I haven't got any of the cool stuff I've seen pictured here in this thread.
Actually, I'm open to any offer and I'm pretty easy to please.

I :love: trading and swapping!

Horace
15-05-2007, 01:46
Hi Everyone...

I have lots of tumbled stones(30 varieties) I want to trade for ANYTHING! (I bought them by mistake while drinking:):)) the list(and story) are in another thread on asst. stones but I could post them here as well. These are screaming to be shared!
and here's a thought..

I collect sand from all over the world and each of the 50 states, so will also consider flora and fauna from your area, as well as decks, tea or incense or whatever. Let me know...thanks for helping..:)

Hh

wumpkie
15-05-2007, 02:48
Have you got any sand from Hunstanton? (Norfolk, England :) ) It's the only East coast resort in England that faces west, just to be different :D

Sophie
15-05-2007, 03:29
Do you want sand from the Cape of Good Hope, or from Cape Town? Tip of Africa...

I don't think I can send you fauna from here - not sure US customs would allow elephants, ostriches or whales in :laugh:, though I could sneak in a couple of penguins. And flora - I think there are restrictions on the import of those too, though the Cape Peninsula is one of the richest ecosystems in the world, with some fynbos flora only found here.

Tea - how about Rooibos tea?

I'm having a look at your collection, it's a hard choice!!!

But let me know if you are open to trading with South Africa. It can be expensive.

floracove
29-06-2007, 01:51
I just wanted to make an amendment.

I now have only 3 of these boxes left.

Thanks!

Ok, now that I've read the thread, let me see if I can get some pics loaded here for ya'll.

I made up 7 boxes that I had planned to auction on ebay, but I would much rather trade with ya'll.
{AND I have more available to be able to make up a few more boxes if anyone is interested.}

Each box is sorta like a starter set, if ya know what I mean...

Ok I find no download link, so I'll link to my photobucket.

There are also other things on that photobucket that is up for trade as well.
I have a good deal of old jewelry that someone might put into use.
We can trade for piece, or if you want the whole lot of old jewelry, well fit me up a box of goodies and we're good to go!
[I'll get to work on deleting the items that are already traded or sold.]

Each of these boxes includes herbs, crystals, candles and candle holders, incense plus several other surprises, including my own home made bath salts (If you've ever smelled a perfume called "Royal Secret" by Germain Montiel that's what this bath salt smells like).

Tote bags may vary...

This a picture of all contents of the box. (http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o64/Aspira369/?action=view&current=DSC00330.jpg)

Close up of herbs and incense as well as some of the crystals. (http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o64/Aspira369/?action=view&current=DSC00331.jpg)

Another close up... (http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o64/Aspira369/?action=view&current=DSC00332.jpg)

Close up of crystals and candle holders. (http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o64/Aspira369/?action=view&current=DSC00333.jpg)

There are one each of candle colors in each box.

Pink
Red
Yellow
Orange
Light Green
Dark Green
Light Blue
Dark Blue
Purple
Black
White
Ivory

3 simple star shaped candle holders in each box.

Crystals are 1 each stone or crystal chips in each box.

Amazonite
Amethyst
Brazilian Amethyst
Bloodstone
Blue Lace Agate
Carnelian
Citrine
Clear Quartz
Jasper
Lapis
Lepidolite
Moonstone
Rose Quartz
Tigers Eye

Cone Incense Scents In packs of 6:

Apple
Bayberry
Cinnamon
Cherry
Frangipani
Jasmine
Money
Musk
Rose
Rose Patchouli
Strawberry

And varies types of herbs in each box as well.

If you are interested in trading send me a pm and let's talk.
As far as what I'd like, well, anything that's not in the boxes of course. Unless it's a larger rock, or different herbs and inscense.

Hey, anyone got a crystal ball they want to trade?
I have wanted a fire opal since I first heard of them.
You can check out my profile for the decks I have and my wishlist.

I haven't got any of the cool stuff I've seen pictured here in this thread.
Actually, I'm open to any offer and I'm pretty easy to please.

I :love: trading and swapping!

Little Hare
30-06-2007, 18:00
post edited....

Little Hare
10-12-2007, 18:49
I'm in search of Rose Quartz, they can be tumble stones, Love hearts, big pieces.... I'm needing Rose Quartz Love. :heart: (Australia only due to postage!)

Would also love a carved angel of any stone, if you have one lying around :)

What I have for trade;

:arrow: Froud's faerie oracle- opened not used... comes with box and book. brillant condition

:arrow: (LS) Witchy tarot-opened but never used-in great condition

Check back because i will be adding more :) :heart:

shadowbane
11-12-2007, 01:09
if anyone in the uk/usa has the froud deck and wants to trade for crystals. I might have some that I could swap for it. I bought a batch lot recently and some of which I dont feel I need. They havent been handled by me at all. I luckily have a sheet with the names of the crystals on. so if anyone feels upto it please let me know. I have other rough/polished crystals but they need identifying.I'll have to get a book to do that and come back to you on trades.

I am also interested in some Quartz points with rainbows etc. Id ideally like a pair. I have looked into this today and seen some quartz has a higher vibration from different places than others. I dont own any crystal wands. I like the look of the massage wands too.
I would be willing to hunt for a crystal of specific type/colour to swap for the above.