Just got my first reading request on Kasamba

u4ia

Hey all,

I just recently started my online site, and signed up with Kasamba. I got my first live chat request to do a reading. I had no idea how it worked,,, anyway he asked me a question and I told him to get into live chat with me in ten minutes So I had time to lay out the cards and go from there, so he comes back and I start typing, then he gets all weird and is saying I want to know my future right now, then he starts typing the weirdest questions saying he wants his future in one sentence and that he didnt care what the cards said. I didnt know what to do at that point, I tried to explain to him what I could offer, then he got dirty and left.
What does one do in these situations, anyone have experience with this?
For my first reading on Kasamba, it didnt go very well..

tarotreader2007

I would never do live readings personally. I only do them online through email unless it's with friends and then I do it in person or on the phone.

I work a lot better on the e-net too because I don't feel pressure and I've heard of a lot of people getting bored psychos on those sites who just want someone to bug. Don't take it personally. They don't believe in the gift. Own it.

Best advice I can give you is to just move on. Let them sulk in their pool of disgust and doubt.

tarotreader2007

**PEACE**

Seqsea

I have absolutely no experience with doing live readings over the internet, but, my general advice would be to do your best to ignore it and keep with it. A lot of people are attracted to tarot because they think they're going to get "their future" in short little sentences. It also sounds like he wasn't really interested in getting any type of reading at all, but instead just wanted to mess around with whomever happened to be giving the reading. A kind of troll for tarot readings, I guess.

If it's something you think you're going to enjoy, this reading for others over the internet, stick with it and don't let the few bad apples spoil the experience for you. I'm sure they're not all going to be like that.

Kahlie

His future in a few short sentences?
"You are going to be terribly disappointed, because there is no such thing as a quick fix. After that you are going to be rude, try to get your money back, and basically leave bad feedback to the Reader."

I've heard of a lot of trouble of Kasamba. Which the reason that I totally do not go there. I have my own website, and my own business, and do also Fairs and Workshops. I never had a single person act in the way you described.

However, I truly believe that we attract the lessons we need. Some questions to think about:

Where you nervous about giving a Reading? Where you unduly nervous? Where you wishing that you didn't have to give one? Most people don't ask for a delay of 10 mins, because this is not what customers want. Did you know what your customer wanted? Are you aware that on Kasamba, people want answers, but no explanations, most of the time. So naming Card Title's etc. is seen as an attempt to keep them 'on the line' longer then necessary and taking their money?

Kahlie

u4ia

I just had no idea what to expect. I found the live chat a little scary. I was so nervous that my mind was all over the place trying to force myself to think strait. Well I will keep on and see where to go from there.

Heloise

Hi

I've done a lot of live chat - by telephone not internet though, its very very very draining I know. I've been asked some strange questions in my time but in my opinion unless they're actually abusive the customer is always right - they are paying a high price for a "reading" - usually by the minute so they want quick results! Strangely it does work though its not my preferred way of reading!

Baccus93

Carte Blanc

u4ia said:
Hey all,

I just recently started my online site, and signed up with Kasamba. I got my first live chat request to do a reading. I had no idea how it worked,,, anyway he asked me a question and I told him to get into live chat with me in ten minutes So I had time to lay out the cards and go from there, so he comes back and I start typing, then he gets all weird and is saying I want to know my future right now, then he starts typing the weirdest questions saying he wants his future in one sentence and that he didn't care what the cards said. I didn't know what to do at that point, I tried to explain to him what I could offer, then he got dirty and left.
What does one do in these situations, anyone have experience with this?
For my first reading on Kasamba, it didn't go very well..

Eh...

I've been on Kasamba since mid December. I feel for you when it comes to those customers who seem a little off their rocker. Just hang in there. Assuming you are any good, you'll build up a small following in short time.

I don't find though that my clients mind the fact that I use references to the cards. I might type something like, "okay. now what I have hear for influences on your situation are Knight of Cups, Wheel of Fortune and The Hanged Man... meaning..." and then give them the bit by bit reading which has always been my style. I've studied writing, marketing, done sales jobs both in person and telemarketing, and taken several college courses in psychology and even have worked in a clinical environment with mental health patients - I've learned a lot about controlling the conversation and customer relationships. The first thing to keep in mind is what you learn in writing, they say "write like you talk." Simple as that. Just do the reading like you would, only now you are typing instead of talking. Also, hone up on your typing skills if you think you should. One thing I know my customers like is the fact that I type sixty words a minute.

If you would like to have a free reading or reading exchange with me, look for Thelemic Divinations 4 U and I would be glad to give you a reading without having to be charged. This would give you a great opportunity to see how I do it and to practice your style without pressure.

MercyMe

I've read through Kasamba for about a year now and occasionally get the rude or wacky client, but overall most people are very considerate and sincere. The setup allows for time to prepare since the client is in control of clicking the hire button. You can spend time with the client discussing what they want to have their reading focus on and then just ask them to wait a bit while you shuffle, focus, and lay the cards out. Go back to them and say you'll be right with them if it's taking a while. I wouldn't take 10 mins, but a few mins is fine. Then you can ask them to click hire if you like and proceed with the reading. Sometimes, I ask a couple questions first to make sure I have a "connection" with the client and the cards as I'm seeing them or to clarify what I am seeing. Clients really appreciate this as it seems to verify that you're "tuned in" to them and it gives them confidence. I ask those questions before asking them to click hire as I have found that, depending on what they say, I may truly be "off" on the reading and I don't feel they should pay for it, so I just explain that I'm not really connecting well right then and they really appreciate that as well since they don't then waste time/money. I don't do this with every client, but when I feel I need to, I do.

Sometimes I go through the cards, other times I don't. Honestly, it really is fly by the seat of your intuitive pants and as you do more readings there it does get easier and less intimidating and stressful.

Don't allow clients to tell you how to do your job. You tell them up front how you work and if that is not agreeable to them, they have the option not to hire you.

Alpha-Omega

I have been on Kasamba since Sept. It is a real challenge to be on that site, for one other readings post replies to every question on the Forum with the same exact words from the last one no matter what kind of question is posted. I only reply to the ones I know I can help or would like to help.
Second. Most of the people ask "Does Bob Love me" or "Will bob come back" What is bob thinking" I can understand that people will want to know the answers to that ok, But one question I can’t stand is "I am I pregnant?" I say go get a test done (not to the person). But other than that most people want the quick answers and don’t want to deal with looking at in-depth to the issue and all the surrounding influences.....Luckily I only had one bad experience, The rest were good, I type as if i was in front of them speaking (as suggested in a post above) and you got to type fast as well, most people are VERY picky on that.

I like to have people who have some experience with Tarot cause they understand how it works. I had someone contact me on their live and she read tarot as well and made the whole process MUCH better.
I had someone who did not like my answer because it was not the same as everyone else’s and she gave me 1 star without me explaining.

You get nasty people, you get good people. Just try your best and if you feel the reading is going nowhere tell them that and end the session.

On another note, Kasamba takes too much money away from us! Don’t want to sound greedy, I am not. But come on we deserve more than what we get.

Seqsea

Alpha-Omega said:
On another note, Kasamba takes too much money away from us! Don’t want to sound greedy, I am not. But come on we deserve more than what we get.

I was looking at that this morning... 37% commission PLUS $0.17/minute connection charge. That's crazy.