Planet Series: Pluto . . . how do we express it in our charts.

dadsnook2000

Pluto -- so much has been heaped upon this planetoid, the next outpost past Neptune. Lets first look at some of the descriptive words that have been associated with Pluto:
-- Invisible force, "force majeure".
-- The will to exercise power, irresistible, control.
-- Ruthlessness, coercion, incitement of others to drastic action, agitation.
-- Regeneration, change that cannot be undone
-- Compulsion, obsession.

Pluto can express itself in so many ways that I hesitate to even list the basic ways it may act thru one's houses. But, I've never been shy, so lets consider these possibilities:
-- 1st House: One tends to be highly focused, to have a uneasy attraction about themselves, to have an air of intensity and insistance, the attempt to take control of whatever interests them.

-- 2nd House: Acquisitions, wanting a share of what others have, management of resources.

-- 3rd House: Deep thinking, influencing others by spoken or written words. Intensity in speaking and socializing.

--4th House: Solitary approaches, research, restructuring ones environment.

-- 5th House: Strong emotions, intense reactions, achieving unusual results thru creative or new fields of endeavor.

-- 6th House: Inquisitiveness, not being satisfied by small adjustments or steps in projects or work.

-- 7th House: Social assertiveness, focusing upon singular partners or issues in a relationship.

-- 8th House: Intrusion and management of other's resources or goals. Taking something that others overlooked.

--9th House: Unrealistic beliefs, goals or striving to learn more, do more in the mental spheres. Seeking to extend ones influence over others.

--10th House: Seeking recognition, power. Dictating how things are done. The liking of dangerous challenges.

--11th House: Plans and the desire to change society and associations, or their goals or means of achieving goals.

--12th House: Seclusion in terms of not being obvious, different from the fourth house placement in that Pluto here seeks to affect things without any basis of respect for other's views.

Now that some stakes have been driven into the ground, lets see who has what to share. Dave.

squeakmo9

dadsnook2000 said:
-- Invisible force, "force majeure".
-- The will to exercise power, irresistible, control.
-- Ruthlessness, coercion, incitement of others to drastic action, agitation.
-- Regeneration, change that cannot be undone
-- Compulsion, obsession.

Pluto can express itself in so many ways that I hesitate to even list the basic ways it may act thru one's houses. But, I've never been shy, so lets consider these possibilities:
-- 1st House: One tends to be highly focused, to have a uneasy attraction about themselves, to have an air of intensity and insistance, the attempt to take control of whatever interests them.

-- 2nd House: Acquisitions, wanting a share of what others have, management of resources.

I have been told in astro reports that I have Pluto sitting in both the 1st and 2nd.
When I put my mind into things, I do it with my heart and soul. I noticed, especially when young, that I thrived on competition, never wanting to be perceived as a "loser". People have told me I have an intense gaze, which make them flinch at times so I try to be conscious of it. I try to blink more, lol. I do share what others have, I find I can also learn that way, have really good organization skills. Am given to rage...one minute placid, the next, like a volcano...I'm currently working on this. In my nature, I have also noted that I have a manipultive streak, although have been consciously aware of it for a couple of years, and do avoid this behavior. Oh, the "obsessive" thing...guilty as charged, and again, working on it.

Madwenaya

-- 8th House: Intrusion and management of other's resources or goals. Taking something that others overlooked.

I'm almost afraid to open my mouth...

I have spent a lot of time and effort trying to overcome this perception of me but my effort appears to work against the goal. I do not conciously do anything that remotely resembles using other people or their resources, but it is truly the one thing that people dislike most about me. I do seem to get the losing end of the stick when all is said and done. And that is the main reason I don't want anyone living with me or being too close to me. My child is ok (for now) because she has no resources. My house is mine - no exceptions and no excuses!

I have a tendency to think that Pluto is a bunch of smoke and mirrors. Things that may appear real are actually a reflection of something else. I don't actually think the real issue for me is 8th house concerns. The symptoms appear there but I am trying to get a better handle on my 2nd house stuff to try to resolve the problem.

dadsnook2000

The hidden side of Pluto

The hidden side of Pluto -- it hides even from ourselves. Almost Neptunian in some ways. Secrets. Pluto can be fascinating to explore. For me, Pluto is almost a non-entity. But I've seen enough of Pluto in the chart's of others to know that this symbol can be highly disruptive in one's life. Thanks for sharing. Dave

MCsea

Can I ask a question about pluto square pluto aspects here or should I start a new thread?

MARINA

MCsea

I think I will ask here :)

Well I have just moved through my pluto square pluto - or have I...

I look on www.astro.com and it says it was finished in late November 2006 - but my life feels like it is still aspecting so I look at Solar fire and it says
Pluto - Orb 3°46' Separating Aspect is Square

I suppose what I am asking is the method of calculation different, and if you thought you had a Pluto Square Pluto where would you look (online free) to see when it will stop aspecting....
(of course that is if you feel this aspect is relevant)

I have a 4th house Pluto (Pluto is conj Sun conj S-Node AND square natal mars)

I see written here - 4th House: Solitary approaches, research, restructuring ones environment

Well I am a research scientist and the term restructuring ones environment is quite accurate - rehabilitate ones environment fits exactly ;)

My Pluto Sabian Symbol is a flag at half mast and my pluto square has seen the passing of my Uncle, a small child (like a son but not related) and my beloved Newfoundland dog, as well as other human to spirit transitions that lead me to many other funerals over the last 18 or so months.

I suppose the term -recycle- has dominated also...

Anyway..........

Thank You for reading and any suggestions on how to work out once and for all when I will complete this transit would be greatly appreciated.

MARINA

dadsnook2000

For MCsea

Your question shows the influence of "Natal-Chart-itis". The natal chart gives us a static view of the solar system relative to our location on Earth. We have to keep in mind that everything is comprised of constantly changing cycles.

Pluto/t may be square Pluto/n several times over the course of a couple of years but in terms of a cycle, we are looking at "phases" -- ebbing and flowing of influences which can also be marked by exact aspects but which persist for extended periods. Pluto was in late Virgo in the late 60's and early 70's. This phase of Pluto can be better understood by looking at the larger time frames.

Look at the house natal Pluto was in. Now, look at the house it presently is transiting. How do the natal meanings now get modified or influenced by the present chart position of Pluto? Which heavy planets was Pluto broadly aspecting then -- which now? How have these old and new companions affected the way in which Pluto can express itself?

Look at this, think about it, and then we can explore the specifics if you wish. Dave

huredriel

dadsnook2000 said:
9th House: Unrealistic beliefs, goals or striving to learn more, do more in the mental spheres. Seeking to extend ones influence over others.

--11th House: Plans and the desire to change society and associations, or their goals or means of achieving goals.

Interesting, I have a natal 11th house Pluto, progressed into 9th, both in Virgo :)

I had a wish when younger that my circumstances were different but can't see how beyond that how this would apply. I am currently striving to learn more, especially within the mental/spiritual spheres but this is inward, definitely not to project out over others or influence :confused:

I think that for both, there is also a sextile to Neptune, so harmonious? Making both of them more *dreamy and living in a world of veiled perception?*

isthmus nekoi

Pluto in 8th. I started investing in my preteens; let smarter people manage my money lol!

MCsea

dadsnook2000 said:
Pluto/t may be square Pluto/n several times over the course of a couple of years but in terms of a cycle, we are looking at "phases" -- ebbing and flowing of influences which can also be marked by exact aspects but which persist for extended periods. Pluto was in late Virgo in the late 60's and early 70's. This phase of Pluto can be better understood by looking at the larger time frames.

Look at the house natal Pluto was in. Now, look at the house it presently is transiting. How do the natal meanings now get modified or influenced by the present chart position of Pluto? Which heavy planets was Pluto broadly aspecting then -- which now? How have these old and new companions affected the way in which Pluto can express itself?

Ahh yes - thank you Dave, I think I had a panic last night, I do feel better about the whole situation, and have consulted some astrologers on this, and indeed it is a LONG TERM issue...

blessings

MARINA