A spread declaring the person it's about?

SarahRose

I'm sure this has happened to others...

Have you ever started a spread about one person and then kept thinking about someone else, like the spread was actually about that person? You know what I mean?

This happened the other day. I couldn't get my mind off of another person when I was doing a spread for someone completely different. I just went with it, and the spread was very accurate and insightful for the person that my "deck was leaning towards."

Any experiences?

Grizabella

I don't see this as being that the reading was really about someone else. You're the reader and you're in control of the focus. If you can't focus on the person the reading was for in the first place, then step back and center yourself for a few minutes. Imagine the person you're reading for as being front and center. Once you've established your own focus, then try it again.

It's not that the reading was "really about someone else". It's that your mind and your focus kept straying. So the solution is to take the time to refocus yourself and then start over. If you can't, then maybe wait a few hours or a day----or just tell the other person you're unable to read for them at this time. It does happen.

I think taking time to refocus will probably do the trick for you, though. :)

SarahRose

Well it wasn't so much a problem. I was reading for myself about someone else in relation to me.

Thanks for the reply, though!

Amanda B

Greetings, SarahRose

This has happened to me before when reading for myself. Usually, it's when I've asked about one thing, but I really need to know about something else. Usually this is very clear and I'm able to tell immediately what (or whom) the cards want to tell me about. I'm usually a little taken aback by this, but it doesn't matter. I've gotten a very clear message that I needed to hear.

Blessings,
Amanda