successful trim!!

Stormdancer

I hope i'm posting this in the right place. I'm a newbie to posting here and still kinda confused. If it's wrong, please let me know....

anyway....I DID it!!! Yesterday, i trimmed my Druidcraft, and I LOVE it. I will say that it is not perfect ( but I am a recovering perfectionist...LOL) but it is VERY nice. I'm glad i read all the advice in the trimming thread...i seperated the cards where the inner green border blended into the picture and trimmed those first, while my old eyes were sharp. One thing not mentioned was the white edges. I had just as hard a time on the left side of some of the cards where the white-ness blurred. I would advise looking carrefully at each border on each card and seperating the ones that look more difficult....do them first.

The size is MUCH more managable...surprised how much of a difference a little trim makes...and the picutres really do "POP" out at me now....BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

My question now is....is there a way to "finish" the edges? Even before trimming, my version of this deck seemed to have unfinished edges. Also, has anyone found a way to "file" a snag smooth? Maybe with the weak side of an emery board???

Just as a side note...I DID get a blister on my little finger, but not on my thumb...guess that keeps me out of Dire Straits.....ROTFLAMSS

'Tis a gift
Stormdancer

shadowdancer

a corner rounder is a must in my opinion.

From craft stores or e-bay if not easy to get hold of. Rounds the corners nicely so you avoid them becoming damaged or squashed

Davina

Stormdancer

Yeah....i used one and really like the results....I got mine at staples....i know some have had a hard time finding one.

'Tis a gift
Stormdancer