Tarot Painting- Opinions, Please!

Elnor

This is a painting (watercolour) I finished last week- it's going to be part of a series I am doing of the four Aces, (I didn't put this in Designing Tarot Cards, since I'm not intending them to be cards) and was wondering what other Tarot users might think of it.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j284/jaenor363/AceofGaia1.jpg

It started out as the Ace of Pentacles, and along the way it evolved into this- I think I'll do them focusing on their elements rather than the four traditional 'tools'...I've visualised Air and Water, but so far haven't come up with the idea for Fire yet.

It's made me appreciate just how daunting a task designing 78 cards is!:bugeyed:

Elnor

mgrace

Oh -- I like it. A lot. Congrats! I love the tree on the blue orb; the tree itself; all the green and blue of earth life; the swirls. I love all the elements, individually, and how they fit together. I am partial to trees, and this one is so sweet, and I love how it sits on the blue orb. The hand is great, and I love how the unusual color of it is reflected in the blue swirlies. The painting is altogether beautiful. Best of joy as you proceed with the others, and your other artistic works! --Grace

Ambience

Amazing!

Very intuative design. I can really relate to the true meaning of this card through what you have depicted.

Well done x

euripides

I like the design a lot, though the uncomfortable pose of the hand makes me feel awkward - though at least you've drawn the hand accurately, which is good. I'd like the skin tones to be a touch warmer.

The concept is interesting and the composition overall works very well.

FantasyWorld

It's Awesome....I love it:love:

Alta

I do like it. Well executed and I like the design too.

Sidhe-Ra

That made me go 'Oooooooooooo!' out loud!

I think it's lovely- just my cup of tea :)

Blessings,

Em xx

Elnor

euripides said:
I like the design a lot, though the uncomfortable pose of the hand makes me feel awkward - though at least you've drawn the hand accurately, which is good. I'd like the skin tones to be a touch warmer.

The concept is interesting and the composition overall works very well.

Yes, I felt that too... I had to draw my own hand for it- reflected in a mirror!
I was holding my selenite crystal ball, and it did became very awkward- that does come across in the drawing, doesn't it? I kept resting my elbow on the table, and it gives the arm a strange angle in the painting. :rolleyes:

I think what I might do for the other three is do some rough sketches from someone else's hand... it would make it alot easier.
Thanks for the comments!

elnor

Apocalipstick

It's well executed. Very nice.

I agree with euripides, though, that the skin tone would probably work better if it was warmer. It might be more in keeping with the "Gaia" part of the title.

Edit: my typing foils me again. :D

starrystarrynight

With a posting moniker like starrystarrynight, how could I not like this one? Very well executed! Love the colors!