virgo and Aquarians....

spokeynic

Virgo and Aquarians....do they match???

i have tried to do a little of my own research. i have gone into a few bookstores and had a look, yet i seem to be getting conflicting ideas.
one book said that virgo and Aquarians were not that compatible at all, but great sexually....yet another said it can be a stuggle for the two signs to come together but once they do its quite a good match....

im the virgo (born 18/9/1982) and he is an Aquarius (born around the 27th i think)

with all my potential love interests i usually have a look in the books to see if we are a good match, but before i wasnt a member of Aeclectic tarot, so i would love to get other members opinions on this.

Whitestar

I'm a Virgo. I've had the experience of a long term relationship with an Aquarius. They can be very emotionally removed, which can be hurtful over time. Sometimes (or a lot of times) work or whatever their 'cause' is is more important to them than people. And they are often thinking of solving/thinking about whatever their 'cause' is, and even if there in person the mind is not at all. It can be hurtful to a Virgo who gives care and attention to a partner and doesn't get it back in the same way. Also Virgo likes to be appreciated.

Of course that's just sun sign. So many other aspects can change that. Hey, I'm best friends with an Aries and have been for decades!!!!! :)

dadsnook2000

A commonly irritating combination

This Virgo-Aquarius combination is often said to be an irritating relationship. My wife has an Aquarian Ascendant with Sag Sun and Cancer Moon, I'm a Virgo Sun & Moon with a Cancer Ascendant. When we converse about these combinations it is convenient to stop a moment and break them down.

Both Cancer and Virgo form an inconjunct relationship with Aquarius, so there are adjustments and wrinkles there. Ascendants are inconjunct as is my Sun and Moon to her Ascendant. Not so good.

Our Suns are square to each other, so there are challenges there.

Her Moon is on my Ascendant; she expects me to act and say just what she is thinking and feeling. This doesn't work so well. I often allude to the fact that I feel like she has her hand up my butt trying to make my mouth move like I was a puppet. Of course, being a Virgo, I've long ago built up stratagems to deal with this. My Moon is inconjunct her Ascendant, so this means there are adjustments on both sides here.

But, as was noted, there is a lot more to charts and synastry then just Sun Signs -- to mis-quote Hillary Clinton, "It takes more than a village of conflicts to raise a relationship." So, we can't judge those around us based on simple sun-sign astrology.

By the way, did anyone ever notice that many Virgos and many Aquarians share the same thicker eye-brows that slightly arch to the center, lower at the ends? We can find many similar appearance traits between any inconjunct signs. Dave

thinbuddha

Seems to work out OK for my wife and I.

sweet_intuition

Both of you are reasonable, civilised people who dislike chaos. There is a great deal of mutual respect for each other's intelligence and desire to understand life and people. Shared ideals and work projects can help to bring out the most creative elements in both of you. Airy Aquarius can help earthy Virgo to find a broader intellectual perspective, and Virgo can help Aquarius to ground ideals in solid practical efforts.

You both have a strong sense of responsibility and also a strong need for privacy and breathing space. You are also self-sufficient people, capable of getting on with things without needing constant emotional reassurance.

And you have difficulty in expressing deeper emotional needs. As you are both natural communicators, learn to communicate about your feelings. Detachment is a desirable quality but it can kill passion. Neither of you likes sentimental gestures, and both can feel distinctly uncomfortable with emotional excess.

Yet deep down you are both human and long to have your innermost heart understood. The clarity and sense of ethics you both bring to the relationship needs to give way, occasionally, to expressions of ordinary human emotional need.

That ubiquitous newspaper portrait of the tidy Virgo soul with a perfectly balanced bank account and an immaculate bathroom no doubt sends you into fits of cynical laughter. Virgos are generally sadly misinterpreted, and understandably you can get pretty irritated about it, especially if you're the sort of Virgo who is untidy, chaotic and not in the least concerned about whether you arrive at one minute before eight or one minute after.

Discrimination is a Virgo characteristic. So is subtlety of thinking. Black and white perceptions imply a simple universe, and to you the universe is rarely simple. It's more like a huge, boundless jigsaw puzzle, and it can drive you crazy if you're missing a piece or if there isn't a picture on the top of the box showing you how the puzzle should look when it's finished.

But perfectionism - something of which you are often accused - isn't the same as discrimination. To be a perfectionist you have to be idealistic, and Virgo is probably the most realistic sign of the zodiac. You harbour no impossible vision of a perfect utopian world, or even a perfect utopian bathroom. You know your strengths and weaknesses, and you don't indulge in either arrogance or false modesty. You use what comes to hand to create order in your world, and order is at the top of your list of priorities - whether it's order in the material environment, in the realm of ideas, or in mind and body.

Virgos are the great synthesisers of the zodiac. Both your problems and your gifts spring from this deep urge to bring things together, to connect knowledge and experience to form a comprehensible whole. With Mercury, god of intelligence and communication, ruling this sign, naturally you love acquiring knowledge, especially if it's useful. And "useful", like "order", is another important word for Virgo. If something can't be used, you'll discard it with a ruthlessness that can terrify more sentimental signs. Sometimes Virgos throw out romance because it isn't useful.

You're capable of being quite cynical, and you know perfectly well that one has to be clever to survive. If you're going to do something, you'll do it well, from both pride of craftsmanship and a good marketing sense. Idealistic perfection? Hardly. Yet despite this apparent toughness, the impulse to be of service runs strong in you.

Virgos need to feel needed and useful. There's not a lot of ambition in this sign, and your tendency to look for more and more pieces to complete the great jigsaw puzzle of life takes away any propensity for the kind of obsessiveness needed to claw your way ambitiously to the top of the heap. You'd make an excellent advisor or counsellor to those silly enough to have grabbed the throne and subjected themselves to all that trouble. Your work is the thing you let people know first about you, not your secret self. With Virgos, not all the goods are visible in the shop window.

You don't like showing your hand until you know where you stand. You're a student and observer of life rather than a gambler or an entrepreneur. With all that self-containment, naturally the emotional realm can be the trickiest piece of the puzzle. Emotions aren't orderly, and they make you feel vulnerable. All those rituals you love so much are a means of keeping the "dark forces" of your own powerful feelings at bay. Deep within you there's a huge reservoir of sensitivity, romanticism and imaginative vision. Show it? Never. Your apparent coolness and insistence on privacy are a way of protecting yourself against an intolerable sensitivity. All that emphasis on practical reality helps you escape the mystic in your own soul.

You can be detached and even brusque in manner, and no one will ever catch you offering your last pennies to a drunk on the street. More likely you'll deliver a stern lecture about self-help. But this is because you're too acutely, compassionately aware of the human flotsam of life.

Planning for the future can be an obsession with you, because your realism makes it hard for you to trust in life. Yet when you feel secure, you can be the kindest, most gentle and generous of souls, giving freely of your time and skills. You're a complex creature, with many masks and disguises. You've learned your lessons early. But then, it's only realistic.

Air signs live in the world of ideas, and they're frightened of strong emotions. This is truer of Aquarius than any other sign. They're not the world's most romantic or effusive lovers. They are often extraordinarily naive in matters of the heart, which contradicts the sophistication of their ideas. Sincerity, integrity, fairness and loyalty are among the Aquarian partner's most admirable qualities. But because he can be clumsy with emotions, he usually means what he says. He doesn't really know how to play subtle emotional games. So if he says, "I love you," you can count on it.

Aquarians are truth-junkies. They don't like lying. That can cut both ways. You can believe an Aquarian when he makes a commitment. But make sure you don't ask for those little declarations of reassurance that lovers need, like, "Do you like my new outfit?" Aquarius is all too likely to say, "Well, to be strictly truthful, I think that colour is terrible on you. It makes you look as if you've been dead for three weeks." All that truth can be pretty wearing on your ego.

Aquarians are probably more capable than any other sign of adhering to a promise. If they promise fidelity, they are very likely to be faithful, because they're loyal to their ideals. And they do have a lot of self-discipline.

On the other hand, if they haven't promised, they are quite capable of casually telling you that they have just started an affair with a wonderful person whom you absolutely must meet, because you're sure to become great friends. The look of bewilderment on your Aquarian partner's face, as you proceed to smash the wine bottle over his head, is utterly real. He really does have trouble understanding why you're behaving so irrationally. After all, in an ideal world, people don't own other people, do they? People shouldn't feel jealousy, should they?

The only comfort in all this is that Aquarians aren't really drawn to flamboyant romantic escapades. They value and respect a partnership which is rooted in friendship, mutual respect and good communication, and they often find it more relaxing and less troublesome to remain loyal because then they can get on with what they enjoy the most - things of the mind, and helping others. It's not that Aquarius lacks passion. Not at all. But the Aquarian temperament is not particularly sensuous. They have passionate minds. They're busy thinking about the World and Humanity, and what can be done to make it better.

But don't worry; the virtues of this sign easily outweigh the vices. Aquarius is a truly interested companion, and Aquarians know, more than any other sign, how to really be a friend. This should never be underrated. Friendship as the basis of a long-term relationship often means more to Aquarius than romantic love.

Loyal and honourable, reasonable and understanding, capable of enormous self-sacrifice, he cares deeply about other people. As long as you communicate clearly and logically, and don't expect your Aquarian to participate in theatrical emotional scenes or bow to emotional blackmail, he can be a wonderful listener and a careful, objective advisor. This quality of detached and undemanding friendship is often a true blessing in a relationship. It means you can have your own ideas, your own thoughts, your own interests. You can discuss things honestly and openly. You can have companionship and genuine equality without the clutter of imposed traditional roles.

Aquarians, although they can feel as jealous and insecure as anyone else, will rarely show it, or even admit it. They are the least possessive of partners, and however hurt they might be, they'll genuinely strive to understand your point of view because they believe so passionately in fairness. If you're looking for great gobs of sentiment and reams of gooey love poetry, stay away from Aquarius. You're more likely to have lengthy political and ideological discussions, and very few whispered "sweet nothings". On the other hand, if you want a true and devoted friend as a partner, Aquarius puts the other signs to shame. He is genuinely interested in people, and genuinely interested in you.

The typical Aquarian man is a thinker, a dreamer, a philosopher, a scientist, a social visionary. He is the least likely person to demand that his partner play a traditional role in the relationship, and he really does strive for equality and openness. But no one is more out of touch with his own feeling nature than the Aquarian man. He can be one of the most infuriating people you will ever meet when it comes to relationships. His coolness is infuriating - and deceptive. Remember that this sign has a lot of pride. Control of emotions is a big thing for Aquarians. No matter how much he's suffering, he will not grant you the satisfaction of knowing it.

Another problem is that he often sees your emotional needs as demands. Aquarians are very big on the idea of freedom. This is often carried to outlandish extremes in personal relationships. Typical of this is the Aquarian man who refuses to tell you when you'll see him again, because he doesn't "believe" in possessiveness. Or the Aquarian man who "believes" in open relationships, and tells you truthfully (because he "believes" in being truthful) about the three other lovers you have to compete with. Not that you asked. He doesn't understand why you should be hurt and make a scene. It's unreasonable. Shouldn't we all love each other? It can make even the most tolerant person develop homicidal instincts.

You may meet the type of Aquarian man who simply refuses to discuss his feelings. Or he may tell you you're being emotional, irrational, or downright hysterical. He's often grossly hypocritical about all this, because when the tables are turned, he's as capable of feeling desperate jealousy as any Scorpio. But even then, he won't admit it to himself. He'll just suffer in silence and go all frosty and detached.

The only way to deal with this kind of Aquarian is to out-Aquarius him. That means challenging his beliefs, so that he can find out whether he really believes in them or not. It means being a little unpredictable yourself, and claiming your fair share of all that freedom he talks about so freely.

Aquarians aren't adaptable, and they don't adjust easily to other people. They have their own values and ideas, and they don't like being pushed. The Aquarian man's reforming instinct doesn't apply when you try to reform him. You need to develop a good deal of detachment yourself, and some source of creative life of your own if you want to make a relationship work with an Aquarian man.

This man needs a companion who can think. Of course you need to use a certain amount of intuition to work out what's really going on beneath that rational Aquarian surface, because it's probable that he knows very little about it himself and couldn't tell you even if he tried. But if you want your Aquarian man to meet you halfway, you have to be able to meet him halfway too.

That means, first of all, being interested in his mental world, which is much bigger and broader than the daily ups and downs of one personal relationship. It also means learning to say clearly what you mean, rather than using indirect means to convey anger, hurt or disappointment. And it means allowing him enough breathing space. You might find that you probably need more breathing space yourself.

If you can climb up into the clear ethers and look around you, you'll recognise that the Aquarian man can love deeply and loyally, with integrity and kindness. His intelligence and nobility of spirit can sometimes take your breath away. But the real basis of his love is incorporeal. It's a thing of the mind and the spirit, and if you stamp all over it with screaming scenes or mundane banality, you've lost him - in spirit if not in body.

You're afraid of heights? Choose another sign. You don't have to stay airborne indefinitely. Just meet him up there from time to time, and he'll be prepared to meet you, too, from time to time, on the earth and in the realm of the heart.

Hope this helps

Love and Blessings

:)

spokeynic

thanks for all the info guys. What a great insight you have given me sweet_intuition, i have read it once but i am going to go back over it. so it all sinks in. i liked how you described the "The look of bewilderment on your Aquarian partner's face, as you proceed to smash the wine bottle over his head"....lol made me laugh.

Whitestar

Whoa, it that really stereotypical Virgo to smash a wine bottle over someone's head? I was surprised to read that...

Apocalipstick

Whitestar said:
Whoa, it that really stereotypical Virgo to smash a wine bottle over someone's head? I was surprised to read that...
I've seen worse coming out of Virgos. I don't know about stereotype, but, as was stated, Virgos do tend to be misinterpreted.

The Virgos I know are quite mean. Funny, too. But mean. Must be all that realism.

Granted, smashing bottles has less to do with mean and more to do with impulse, but I can see it.

Especially the surprise part. The only Aquarius-Virgo couple I've known followed what sweet_intuition outlined pretty closely. Down to the Aquarian's utter surprise when the Virgo laid down the law.

But, as was mentioned, other factors in the chart will probably modify the fow of the relationship. Don't want to think about that, though.

Natal charts can induce headaches.

spokeynic

i have often thought i dont entirely match some of the virgo traits. Yes i am very analytical and can be judgemntal. however i am untidy and there are a few other things i dont think match. i did some searching around and came across this. i found it interesting. could this mean i have more libra traits than virgo??

Celestial body Sign Degrees
Sun Virgo 24º 58' 50"
Moon Libra 4º 19' 13"
Mercury Libra 17º 26' 31"
Venus Virgo 12º 47' 34"
Mars Scorpio 28º 45' 30"
Jupiter Scorpio 9º 6' 50"
Saturn Libra 21º 31' 32"
Uranus Sagittarius 1º 14' 57"
Neptune Sagittarius 24º 18' 53"
Pluto Libra

Madwenaya

You probably have traits from both Libra and Virgo. I have a bunch of stuff in Libra too. If you read a daily or weekly horoscope that has been accurate more than once I would check out the Libra horoscope once in a while. It probably won't always match but you will see how much or how little you are manifesting Libra. It is kind of like checking your temperature - it might tell you something but it can't diagnose anything specific.

I am Sag sun/ Virgo moon/ Aquiarius ascendant. There is nothing worse for me than missing a piece of the puzzle or not having the picture on the box. It drives me nuts!!!

I do have experience with the moon sign combination of Virgo and Aquarius. It can end up with someone's feeling being hurt. Since you are born at the end of Virgo with him at the beginning of Aquarius you will have more common ground than the typical pairing of these two signs.