US Games decks

tarotreader2007

I posted another thread a day or so ago about LS decks and how their website seems to be lacking.

Anyway, on amazon.com, they are offering Ancestral Path deck and book sets for only 29 dollars. However, when I look on US Games' extensive list, this deck (even the old one) do not show up.

So, like my LS thread, what's the dealio?

tarotreader2007

**PEACE**

Grizabella

Amazon has sellers they allow to sell things on their site for a small percentage of the selling price. What you're seeing there on the Ancestral Path is sellers who have new copies as well as used copies.

tarotreader2007

I don't think so. Here's the link. They aren't by private sellers b/c I know what you mean. This is right from amazon. Take a look and see what I mean.

tarotreader2007

**PEACE**

lunakasha

tarotreader2007 said:
However, when I look on US Games' extensive list, this deck (even the old one) do not show up.

I think this is because the deck is now out of print, so it can no longer be ordered directly from the publisher. The sets that are being sold through amazon were apparently already in stock, or as Lyric said, being sold by marketplace sellers. Once their inventory is gone, it will become harder to find them, so it might be a good idea to grab one while you can.

:) Luna

PS: I just went to that link, and amazon has it listed as "Usually ships in 4-6 weeks." Experience tells me that this usually means that they do not have it in stock and may never get it....you can place your order but that doesn't mean you will get one. I have had orders canceled when amazon could not locate a copy for me. :(

Acacia

But you'll note it says "delivery in 4 to 6 weeks" which means Amazon does not have it in their inventory, but will order it from a distributor. And likely no one will have it.

So you'll order the deck thinking you made a great deal. Then you'll be told after 6 weeks that the delivery date has been pushed back. Then you'll wait another 6 weeks and they'll tell you "sorry, not available"

This happened to me with an OOP book I was trying to find.

tarotreader2007

I just got 2 decks in the mail today so it'll be a while before I go out to get another (aka, a week or so). I need to save my money though. Running low due to my addiction.

I got tarot of the old path and now one of my favorites, the golden tarot.

tarotreader2007

**PEACE**

northsea

As noted, out-of-print + "usually in 4-6 weeks" = fat chance.

Cerulean

Confirming Ancestral Path out of print status...

...I gave a set of the Ancestral Path to a poetry teacher and noted to him a few months ago that I was told a year and a half ago about it not being in print...one independent bookseller ordered me a copy before it was officially to expensive...and recently, I was lucky enough to find a used copy through Craiglist or abebooks.

So I did not pay more than $15-25 for such a set, but again, it takes awhile for some suppliers to run out of stock. Thanks to keeping up with aeclectic.net, I can sometimes catch a worthy title that is a favorite working deck before it goes out of print...

Best regards,

Cerulean