Advice on learning from a beginner

Arcane

MM

I am just starting studying astrology. I am interested in using some of this to enhance my knowledge of the Tarot and as such my readings.

I have started learning some basic lessons, but was wondering whether anyone is able to give me some further guidance on how I can 'Marry' the two! Or whether anyone has some pointers for me?

BB K

dadsnook2000

That is a question and a half.

I'm sure you may get several contradictory answers to this question. But, let me provide the first opinion for everyone to take a shot at.

After 36 years studying astrology and as long casually studying tarot, I cannot find a solid, consistent and comprehensive comparison between the two. Yes, you can say this card reminds me of this planet or that sign, but beyond that it all just breaks down.

I recognize that there are several schools of tarot that claim a specific link between a tarot card and some component of astrology. And I have books on numerology that link tarot to numbers and has some light form of astrological association thrown in -- but I have never found that it all works. Why would some cards relate to planets, others to signs, none to houses and none to aspects or pairs of planets? Where is the system?

But, you'll hve to decide for yourself. And, if this is the only reason for you to study astrology, you have a big task and small rewards ahead, IMHO. But, I'll be glad to answer any specific questions that I can for you. Dave.

Gavriela

The system is in kabbalistic astrology and the Tree of Life.

Which doesn't care a whit about describing personality, it's just about where things fit on the Tree. Hence the huge gap. I may have some files kicking around showing how that works, but it doesn't end up matching cards to paths, even. What it does do is give the Hebrew letters planets (the double letters), signs (the single letters), and elements (the mother letters). Tarot was around for quite a while before it married kabbala, and you can see the forced aspects of the marriage, though some of it does work pretty well, too.

The decanate system used in tarot came out of the Picatrix? I think it's called - I'd have to look it up. A lot of traditional tarot meanings are based on old decanate meanings as well.