The "Old Soul"...

tabi

I have read for a few people face-to-face, and have offered to do it for more then that. However the majority of the people that have had a reading before have all said that their reader suggested that they have an "old soul".

So, do we all have old souls OR is it simply the reader trying to catch their auidence attention quietly? Or justifing themselves in some sort of odd way?

I'll be the first one to admit that I'm not a fan of past live readings or "old soul" as it were as it pertains to tarot. It isn't tangliable to the person I'm reading for or myself. There is no way that I personally can prove to them that they were the Queen of England two hundred years ago.

Saying that they are an old soul seems to be a bit reduntant to me too. I am a spiritual pagan, I do believe that we do go on beyond this life but do come back to Earth. Hence we are all old souls.

Really what is the point of telling someone that they are an old soul?

Alta

Hi tabi,

I do see your points. However I would suggest that it is not helpful to reading experience to even attempt to dispute it. Just accept it as personal information and move on with the reading.

Whether or not this is a real concept, and personally I accept it at some level, it doesn't really have to affect any reading.

Marion

Grizabella

The people they got readings from possibly thought that telling them they were an old soul would flatter them and draw attention away from any flaws in the reading. Or maybe the reader thought it would make them seem like a more valid reader if they could "see" something like that.

le pendu

Lyric said:
telling them they were an old soul would flatter them

You're very wise Lyric, you must have an old soul!

;)

tabi

I do simply accept it when they tell me this, even if there is a slightly perplexed look in my eyes. I ask them about the rest of their reading and what their reader said about the old soul. I simply file the information away, while true I obviously don't agree with it their reader on old soul, it doesn't mean the reading was wrong.

But as you notice I am completely confused on why anyone especially a reader would tell someone they are an old soul. It seems to be more like a Miss Cleo trick. (mind you I don't think very highly of the woman)

Apocalipstick

Poor Miss Cleo. She was just an actress in search of a paycheck. Can't blame her for that.

Personally, I think the "old soul" bit, and its variations, has been around probably as long as people have gone to fortune tellers and diviners to be assuaged.

It's an instant freebie: "Aaah, Bob, I see a great deal of wisdom in your eyes. Your roof fell in a killed your dog, you say? A soul as old as yours has seen Rome burn. What's one roof?"

Neat trick, that.

Grizabella

le pendu said:
You're very wise Lyric, you must have an old soul!

;)

Oh my god, he's a REAL psychic!! :eek:

lark

I find that some people have medium to luke warm souls. :)

tabi

lark said:

Doing better then I then Lark, I have the misfortunate of working with the public on a daily basis and have begun to wonder if everyone is missing a soul. Or if they are simply that self-centered and egotistical....:confused:

Apocalipstick said:
Poor Miss Cleo. She was just an actress in search of a paycheck. Can't blame her for that.

Yeah that is why they have this place in the States called: HOLLYWOOD.
(That wasn't too cynical was it? :p)

Briar Rose

lark said:

you have me laughing!!!!