vivid and disturbing dreams & tarot?

franniee

Hi all....

I've been having vivid & disturbing dreams lately - they wake me up! and then I have trouble falling back to sleep.

They began around the lunar eclipse 3/3. I chalked it up to the eclipse especially given it was lunar - but they are not going away which is making me suspect that they are linked to my immersion in my new deck and an increase in readings and learning etc.

Has anyone else had this experience?

Maybe this is part of the process?

TIA :love:

Nholdamek

Weird...sorry to hear about that.

I've had Tarot dreams, but they were beautiful. Last week, I had a dream I was looking at a certain card in a reading, and started to hear beautiful music with some lady singing. It had nothing to do with the traditional meaning of that card (it was Ten of Disks) but it was still beautiful.

As for your dreams, I don't know...Tarot should be positive, not negative, ro at least not have a negative influence

franniee

I was thinking that my unconscious was just running in over drive.....or it really still could be the eclipses

thanks for the input! :)

ana luisa

May I ask what deck are you referring to? I agree with Nholdamek that the dreams shouldn´t be bad but then, again, what is bad? It may be that the cards are opening up your psychic abilities or dealing with your emotions in a deeper level. And this can be quite uncomfortable. It will get better, believe me. I had this happen to me while studying the Voyager. I used to pick a card I couldn´t quite understand , and put it under my pillow before going to bed. It did bring up A LOT of crazy stuff but as I grew accustomed to the deck, the dreams slowly disappeared. Don´t be frightened. After all, they´re just cards...

Star-Willow

Hi franniee, it could be your immersion into your new deck, I know when I got my new Gilded last week, I just couldn't put it down and I sleep with it under my pillow and I swear I'm doing readings in my dreams. One of which was really important and I'm sure it was a msg to me, but as I was woken suddenly I lost the images of what the cards were, so therefore lost the msg..... that was a bummer :(
Try to write down what your getting as soon as you awake and then see what you can get from that... :)

:love: & :) 's
*S-W*

franniee

My new deck is the gilded tarot. Which I love the look of and am enjoying! The cards have a wonderful feel to them. None of the cards disturb me - the devil which is usually creepy in this deck is unbelieveably seductive and makes me get this card on a whole new level....

The dreams are disturbing but I can't relate them back to a specific card or image - I think maybe it's just an opening of my unconscious mind. I typically don't remember my dreams. But when they are very vivid (and this is rare) they have been known to be prophetic - these are not.

Here is an example.... there were roaches all over this place we were lying down in and my husband was swatting them with a fly swatter and I was terribly uncomfortable or as we like to call it " freaking" :eek: There was another element in there but I can't remember it.

so just odd but they haven't stopped - they've been going strong for a few weeks! and not for nothing..... I am tired! :(

Grizabella

franniee said:
Here is an example.... there were roaches all over this place we were lying down in and my husband was swatting them with a fly swatter and I was terribly uncomfortable or as we like to call it " freaking" :eek: (

Oh good grief! There's nothing I hate worse than cockroaches! I had never seen one in my life till I was in southern California and I never hope to ever see one again!

Have you been watching Fear Factor? That's what did it then if you've been watching that sick show. :p

franniee

Lyric

Oh you crack me up!!!! No I can't watch anything of that sort! Can't stomach it! But roaches do gross me out something fierce! I think it is the eclipse! There was another last night - partial solar and they are in pisces and virgo this year and I am a virgo so I am sure they are doing something strange to my chart..... I just thought I was unleashing something from my very apparently twisted depth! Nah...... :)

WildSong

Maybe your imagination and your conciousness decided to mix and came up with some really freaky things. Ever since the lunar eclipse rolled around I have been having some strange dreams but tarot wasn't a part of them. Yet. Maybe you should take a break for a little bit. But then, it might be the eclipse. And after all...who really knows what happens during them?

lilangel09

I agree with Wildsong that maybe your imagination, unconscious thoughts, and conscious thoughts that are flowing into your dreams. I've always had pretty disturbing dreams... I don't call them nightmares exactly since I don't wake up in shock. I usually just call them adventures. The few tarot dreams have been a little scary or just calm/weird but overall, they aren't very scary. Dreams are based on whatever you've been thinking about lately so those thoughts are put into symbolism that contributes to your dream.