Reading reversals for self

funkyfairy

Hi Everyone,

I have recently been doing a few readings for people on the forum. I have found that I tend to attribute a meaning to reversals intuitively which work really well :) .

However when I read for myself I find this almost impossible (argghhhh!!) and end up getting my book and reading the cards as almost their complete opposite. As a result I'm getting quite frustrated and contemplating never reading for myself again :( . Does anyone else have any thoughts on this? Similar problems etc?

Funkyfairyxx

Grizabella

My guess is that when you read for yourself, you want to get it positively right because you feel you have more at stake, but when you read for someone else it's not quite as personally important to you, so you just flow right along with the reading.

Or maybe it's that you're not liking what the reversed meaning that comes immediately to mind is so you look it up in the book.

funkyfairy

That does make sense lyric and I think personal issues and wanting that 'right' answer interferes a little.

I usually see the card in a better light than the book tells me. But by that time I've messed with the flow.

I have thought of excluding reversals when reading only for me.

SunChariot

Doesn't happen to me because of the way I use reversals. To me they just mean the energy of the upright card is present and trying to exerpt itself, but something is blocking it from doing so. Reversed cards for me just show delays, a need for patience and/or and blockage.

Reading reversals that say is just as easy no matter who you read for.

Bar

funkyfairy

Thanks for your advice it really makes sense, also I often do this when reading for others. I have been thinking this afternoon about it and I think I will choose one way to read reversals for myself, tell the cards (higher self) and stick to it.

StellarMyst

Reversals for one's self...

Hi,

All aspects of reversals discussed so far I am in agreement with.

I agree with SunChariot about the way reversals are used for self-readings. I do it the same way (although I admit I'm not always very good at doing self-readings!...lol). I think this is a good angle to take, because it helps the reader to understand the cards a little better each time, from a personal interpretation-stand-point. I try in general to take reversals from a neutral perspective as well as the more difficult to accept turn-outs. This helps me in self-reading reversals too because in looking the RXl up in the book, and getting confused, I use a non-Tarot-related reference book of mine to help me better understand the possible meanings of the RX in question.

Let me explain the non-Tarot reference book:

The title of the book is: The Complete Book of Color Healing
Author: Lilian Verner-Bonds

This book goes into a good amount of detail as to the psychology of the colors found in every-day life. I have gained clarity in reading the Wheel of Fortune a few times lately when the Wheel turned up in an awkward position in a relationship spread or two (This pertaining to the same person....), In the same week or so. This psychological aspect of the colors added to the symbolism held within the Wheel of Fortune helped me to see the situation from a better perspective as well.

Hope this helps at least a little somewhere...? :)

Yours,

StellarMyst

funkyfairy

Thank you I will check out this book. I have found recently when looking back through my journal reversals normally pertain to blocked or delayed energy. However my cards have gone a bit mad recently so I have taken a break from reading for myself :(

Thanks again
FFx