• Yes, I use a shadow card

Votes: 31 45.6%
  • No, I don't use a shadow card

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • I don't know what one is

Votes: 19 27.9%

• Total voters

Grizabella

I was requested by HeavensVault to make a poll asking how many people use shadow cards in readings.
I've never made a poll before, so let's hope this goes well.

You can vote for more than one.

I think I messed up the thread title, but maybe a mod will change it.

I see I totally screwed up making this poll, but it seems like everyone is just running with it, so I guess it's working well enough.

Imagemaker

The poll is working, and I'm first!

Yes, I use a shadow card. Not with every reading, but if I want more than I'm getting from the spread, or a different angle on it, I look at the restacked (after cutting) deck to see what card is on the bottom.

Apocalipstick

How about an option for those of us who only use it once in a while, as the mood strikes? :D

poivre

Oh yes :laugh:

I just have to know what that shadow or
bottom card shows!

dandelion

I'm pretty new to tarot, and I'm teaching myself with a deck and a journal. What's really cool to me is that I just started reading the bottom card because it felt right - like the card was just itching to say its piece. I've found that it is an integral part of any reading I do. It's been fun to read other discussions in the forum and see how natural this is for so many others!

Pao

oo the bottom card of the deck is called the shadow?!?! great Ive been using it not knowing what it was called but going on instinct! again silly ME!

Papageno

Pao said:
oo the bottom card of the deck is called the shadow?!?! great Ive been using it not knowing what it was called but going on instinct! again silly ME!

I "discovered" this on my own too LOL.

there was a discussion about this several months and it seems many people just "happened" upon this as well.

Pao

haha great! :D now if someone told me what a case card was I'd be thrilled, I wonder if I use that as well!?? hehe

blackstormhawk

I've actually not heard the term "shadow card" before. I'd be interested to learn about them, though!