for those of us who use tarot and oracles

Pao

Hello all!

I was wondering if those of you who use tarot cards and oracles cards if when you read about something they all "agree" on the "answer or advice". For example if tarot says- you'll soon be self- employed, does the oracle usually say the same thing?

for me they usually do but recently i might be missing something...

Papageno

yes, it's been my experience that they often mirror each other; but to be more precise, they also offer insights from different perspectives.

Pao

thank you, yes i found they have the same advice yet phrase it a bit differently

Sheri

I found it depends on what type of Tarot deck I am using. If I am using a Majors deck, the detail and perspective is on a similar level. The addition of one to the other adds more depth to the reading. If I am using a full deck, I'll only use a couple of cards from an oracle because otherwise the reading gets too complicated or becomes muddled. In these cases, I treat them similarly to how I would treat the position with a Majors card in its place.

This is one reason I really like the addition of the Jewish Kabbalah to some Majors only decks. If it is done in the way it makes sense to, using the deck is like reading with both a deck and an oracle. It adds more depth to the cards.

valeria

Glass Owl

valeria said:
This is one reason I really like the addition of the Jewish Kabbalah to some Majors only decks. If it is done in the way it makes sense to, using the deck is like reading with both a deck and an oracle.
This is exactly what I have been looking for. Any decks you would recommend?

HearthCricket

Pao said:
Hello all!

I was wondering if those of you who use tarot cards and oracles cards if when you read about something they all "agree" on the "answer or advice". For example if tarot says- you'll soon be self- employed, does the oracle usually say the same thing?

for me they usually do but recently i might be missing something...

I actually never ask the same question twice. If I consulted tarot on a particular subject I don't ask an oracle and the same goes the other way. I trust the cards and the first reading. It needs to play out and things are constantly changing so I would not expect one to read exactly like the other, even if I did do two readings on the exact same subject. However, I do like working with oracles alongside a tarot reading as a clarifier and find it deepens the answer and makes me look at things in a different perspective, thus enriching the reading itself.

Sheri

Glass Owl said:
This is exactly what I have been looking for. Any decks you would recommend?

To avoid taking the discussion off topic, I will PM you :)

valeria

Jewel

HearthCricket said:
I actually never ask the same question twice. I trust the cards and the first reading.
I am like HC in this respect. But I do find that some oracles have cards that somewhat mirror some tarot cards, yet at the same time they are less restricted system. Each oracle for the most part is its own system. I like using my oracles for daily drawns, and the Fairy Ring in particular for my yearly reading and for certain questions where I really need to be hit over the head. I use my tarot decks much more regularly than oracles in readings, but for some specific questions I find oracles to be my tool of choice.

This probably does not address your question, does it? ~giggles~

Pao

thank you guys :D yes I meant it as using them together not to ask the same question but kind of as a clarification when I sometimes dont fully understand one the other usually explains it better or differently so that I understand.

HearthCricket

Pao said:
thank you guys :D yes I meant it as using them together not to ask the same question but kind of as a clarification when I sometimes dont fully understand one the other usually explains it better or differently so that I understand.

Oh, definitely! I think it works out wonderfully and gives so much more depth to the reading. I like to match up certain decks to certain oracles, like:

Druidcraft~Druid Animals
Victorian Romantic~Victorian Flower
Sacred Circle~Fairy Ring
Gothic Vargo~Madame Endora

etc. :)