Tarot Spread, Kinda Lost

TarotBoy

Ok, does anyoen know what that thing is called when someone spreads the whole deck of cards and starts matching cards up, like for example the queen of swords, the wheel of fortune, and the death cards when those 3 show it it means a womans good fortune will die out, or if the ace of coins in before the judment it means that someone will win a law case battle...? if so, does anyone know where to finda page on how to do that...?

sweet_intuition

TarotBoy said:
Ok, does anyoen know what that thing is called when someone spreads the whole deck of cards and starts matching cards up, like for example the queen of swords, the wheel of fortune, and the death cards when those 3 show it it means a womans good fortune will die out, or if the ace of coins in before the judment it means that someone will win a law case battle...? if so, does anyone know where to finda page on how to do that...?

... um... come again?

TarotBoy

What I mean is that there are readers who lay out thier cards, all 78, and then they start to connect the cards like those cards from the Madame Lenormand... what would an ace of cups and a queen of wands and the death card mean...?

Rosanne

I think you might be thinking of using a deck like Lenormand 36 cards, or a 52 playing card deck. I guess you could use a Tarot deck like that, but you would have to have a starting point. The Lenormand cards have a male and a female card to indicate where you are starting at. I have a Tarot deck that could be used that way, I guess- it is called Tarocco Indovino by Sergio Ruffolo. The instructions are in Italian- but I guess you could use the Fool as the starting point.
PLaying cards, on the other hand use the system of what is next to each other influences each other, but they do not have Majors, so you would not get an Ace next to Justice for example.
Have a look at this site
http://www.hedgewytchery.com/cartomancy.html
other than that I am like sweet Intuition
... um... come again? :D
as I have not seen a spread for Tarot like that. ~Rosanne

TarotBoy

Thanks, finaly someone understood me, where cna I find a page to read tarot cards like that...? Thats usually how I read my tarot cards, I just lay them out and start putting them all together.

Grizabella

I've heard of someone using the cards like that. Someone here posted having seen their grandmother or someone doing it with Tarot. I don't know where to find the post, though, and it didn't give directions how to do it.

If you post your question in the Your Readings forum, someone might be able to tell you what those three cards together would mean.

ribbitcat

Hi Tarot Boy :)

You could do worse than look at the LWB that comes with the Grand Etteila deck - it's an absolute hoot ! :) Such things as, if card X appears next to card Y, and between card Z - it will rain and you will not go on the planned picnic; however, if card Z is reversed, you will meet an untimely end ...

LOL it's great fun.

Oh, also - the method for dealing is a card-counting system.

ribbitcat

TarotBoy

LOL @ ribbitcat

TarotBoy

Whats a card-counting system.

ribbitcat

Hi Tarot Boy :)

Card counting in this instance is when rather than deal the cards to the spread off the top of the deck, one after the other, the reader counts (usually 7) cards, lays the 7th, deals another 7, lays the 14th etcetc. until the spread is completed. In addition, depending on the method followed, one might have to pay extra attention to where in the process certain cards are seen,.eg. where does the significator appear. Sometimes, one counts until one has an Ace, rather than 7 cards. This method is used by Paul Hughes-Barlow (Google him to check out his website) and Crowley, among others.
Not a method I use myself, so that's about all I can tell you :)

ribbitcat