Doreen Virtue show

Pao

hello all,

well since there isn't a "talk oracle" section I am putting this question here with Valeria's permission (she can always delete it if its wrong! :D)

I was wondering if anyone here ever called doreen's radio show and how was their experience. the reason I ask is bc I called twice and luckily got thru twice but I only was able to get a mini reading which means i never interracted with her. both times the guy answering the phone got my name wrong, the first reading was way off and the second made sense but since my name was wrong I dont think they could be very accurate unless I myself interracted with her. I was left a bit dissapointed but hoped the message went out to the real person who needed to hear it, perhaps I was a tool to get the message out to them.

I believe the reading can be off if the person's info in incorrect like name, dob, location, etc. what do you guys think?

CrystalTarot

It doesn't give you much confidence in the reading does it? And it always makes me feel a little stupid correcting them too, Lovely that you managed to get through twice! That must be a record.
Some people give very general readings that really can be made to apply to almost anyone. Others give details that astound us and only we know. Its up to you to decide which it was, I would have expected Doreen's guides to have helped her and with one reading being wrong, it does sound like it was aimed at someone else. Experiences like this make that huge word DOUBT creep in, not good, its obviously on your mind too... Was it Doreen that spoke the reading or was it relayed to you?

Pao

CrystalTarot said:
It doesn't give you much confidence in the reading does it? And it always makes me feel a little stupid correcting them too, Lovely that you managed to get through twice! That must be a record.
Some people give very general readings that really can be made to apply to almost anyone. Others give details that astound us and only we know. Its up to you to decide which it was, I would have expected Doreen's guides to have helped her and with one reading being wrong, it does sound like it was aimed at someone else. Experiences like this make that huge word DOUBT creep in, not good, its obviously on your mind too... Was it Doreen that spoke the reading or was it relayed to you?

yes, it was her who spoke the reading, once you get through you are on hold the whole time waiting and you can hear the entire show over the phone. When she has only 10 min left of air time she goes on to read for those on hold, which is good I thought bc of us poor fools waiting LOL. Yes the word Doubt entered quite fast to my mind, and I was upset bc I thought I have this woman's products at home I'd hate to think she's a fraud! So I stopped and thought my name was wrong and you know how she always asks your name and what people call you so that it HAS to make a big difference. I don't know I guess I had a bad experience with it and now I feel a bit disilussioned.

Sheri

Hi Pao!

It is too bad that you had a bad experience! Unfortunately, I think (and this is just my opinion mind you) that sometimes the person who has the show has very little to do with how it is run - she might wish to only have a few "quality" readings per show but producers, station, etc. push for more...the more people who think they might get through, the more people tune in?

Take heart in her lovely decks. Even if you got a bad reading, and the show was handled poorly, that doesn't mean that the cards don't work or that you can't use them. Sometimes it is difficult to believe that our heroes and people we look up to are only human - partly because we love their work so much, and partly because they are associated with people who build them up into impossible beings in order to sell their products.

My personal feeling is that if you can't do a quality reading you are proud of, you shouldn't do it at all - in the long run, I think she is going to hurt herself because she comes across in a negative way - eventually people might stop buying because of it.

((((Pao))))

:love: valeria

Pao

valeria said:
Hi Pao!

It is too bad that you had a bad experience! Unfortunately, I think (and this is just my opinion mind you) that sometimes the person who has the show has very little to do with how it is run - she might wish to only have a few "quality" readings per show but producers, station, etc. push for more...the more people who think they might get through, the more people tune in?

Take heart in her lovely decks. Even if you got a bad reading, and the show was handled poorly, that doesn't mean that the cards don't work or that you can't use them. Sometimes it is difficult to believe that our heroes and people we look up to are only human - partly because we love their work so much, and partly because they are associated with people who build them up into impossible beings in order to sell their products.

My personal feeling is that if you can't do a quality reading you are proud of, you shouldn't do it at all - in the long run, I think she is going to hurt herself because she comes across in a negative way - eventually people might stop buying because of it.

((((Pao))))

:love: valeria

You just made me feel so much better!!:love: thank you! :D
yes I love her cards and Im not going to think that bc i got a bad reading they dont work for me bc they do. its my own connection to the divine so thats fine but its just dissapointing bc like you said you look up to the person in a way and forget that they are only human and can sometimes get their info mixed up. I hope at least that someone listening got their message thru me getting thru perhaps it was more important for them to get it. I only wanted confirmation. ahh well I still sometimes listen to it, hey its on today! LOL
thank again Valeria!
BB
Paola

goldnchyl

Great response, Valeria

That is so true. We are all here trying to figure this stuff out. And we've been given so many wonderful resources to help us to grow and evolve. It's good when we can send our "heroes" love and light and appreciation for the gifts that they bring, which help us to remember the gifts that we bring.

jayem

i have a very dumb question relating to this thread but...
where is doreen from?
because thats the same name of the women who predicted my dads death, and she also had her own business/show/whatever i was young lol

Pao

jayem said:
i have a very dumb question relating to this thread but...
where is doreen from?
because thats the same name of the women who predicted my dads death, and she also had her own business/show/whatever i was young lol

hmm you got me there! I have many of her books but didnt read her bio (Im terrible! lol) I know now she lives in Cali I think @ least that's where she does her show from her ein the US. I guess you could try her website angeltherapy.com but now you got me thinking and Im gona go look at the back of the books!