Husband maybe interest and not sure?

bladeraven

LOL...Hey everyone....it's me the Hermit, Bladeraven...Lol

Kids are growing like a weed and I'm slowly getting out of a "unexpected" respite from tarot reading and the board...

I had something interesting come up this past week that I needed a perspective on and hope my family here can help me gain some insight....

I've discovered my husband has been doing a daily tarot reading everyday and normally would use the LWB that was with the deck laid out on the desk, but when there wasn't a LWB, he would come to me for interpretation...

Well...what's annoying but interesting...LOL, is that he is VERY skeptical about the tarot...though skeptical is being a kind word....YET, like tonight, he asked me, why he drew the 10 of wands and tonight he drew the page of wands reversed and asked me what it meant, why did it conflict with the other deck (he was using the Housewives tarot...falling to the ground).

I answered him the best I could, mostly that the housewive tarot lwb was more tongue in cheek and not something I would recommend for beginners and if he was interested, I was more than happy to share about the tarot with him, of course he backed off...said yeah right...that's not him...blah blah blah..

Do you think he might be more interested than he is letting on and just not telling me??

I'm just really blown away he is doing daily readings without me knowing...

Grizabella

I think he's more interested than he lets on, even if he's only trying to prove to you that it doesn't work. ;) But what I'd suggest is just don't let him know how excited you are that he's getting into it, because then he might dodge back into his groundhog den and drop it.

What we all know is that he's gonna get hooked, though. :D In trying to prove it wrong, he's going to get fascinated with it and won't want to let it go.

bladeraven

I can't get his and her matching tarots yet?? Darn...Lol

If it was anyone else...I would be "eh, okay"...but wow..this is surprising me...

Sinduction

I am so waiting for my hubby-to-be to do that! Last night he told me he doesn't like me reading his cards because, "you put so much stock into what they say. What if they tell you something horribly bad and you leave me?" The poor guy just doesn't understand.

Yeah, whatever you do don't call him on it. But, please, give him a different deck than the Housewives!!! :)

Indigo Rose

bladeraven said:
Do you think he might be more interested than he is letting on and just not telling me??

I'm just really blown away he is doing daily readings without me knowing...

Yes, I agree he is interested. Just let it flow naturally, as you are doing and be a source of encouragement. :)

My husband is interested too, but prefers to use me as his reader at this point. However, he does his own interpreting and reads some of my reference materials to gain his own understanding. This seems to work well for us right now, as this is what makes him most comfortable. Perhaps after he becomes more confident he will venture out....maybe this is true for your hubby too?

It is exciting when the love of your life shows an interest in the Tarot, isn't it?

~Blessings to you and your hubby....and little ones too. :)~

:heart: indigo rose

bladeraven

Exciting and surprising...though Housewives Tarot...DOH! Lol

Going to replace it with something "easier" maybe the Basic Tarot deck that I have or Revelations since it's more Rider-Waite based...

Should I leave a book laying around or just let him keep playing with the cards right now??

Lol..can you tell I"m thrilled he's opening up to the Tarot??

Indigo Rose

bladeraven said:
Exciting and surprising...though Housewives Tarot...DOH! Lol

Going to replace it with something "easier" maybe the Basic Tarot deck that I have or Revelations since it's more Rider-Waite based...

Should I leave a book laying around or just let him keep playing with the cards right now??

Lol..can you tell I"m thrilled he's opening up to the Tarot??

My husband loves the Housewives Tarot and can really relate to the images. It is a down to earth kind of domestic deck, that fits a married couple well. In many ways, it is less threatening because it is everyday life. :)

Yes, leave your favorite reference book out for him and a basic deck. My hubby reads from the Tarot Plain and Simple by Anothy Louis, and we use his(I only use it for him) Golden Rider Deck daily. Make it accesible and give him room to grow. :)

YES...I can tell you are thrilled about your hubby's openness to the Tarot...and I don't blame you. It is quite exciting. :laugh:

Best Wishes to you both.

:heart:

VGimlet

I agree with Lyric about not seeming too excited even if you are, I would keep it casual, and low-key. Guys are very odd about stuff like that. I think they are afraid we'll go all overboard on them. :p

(But if you get interested in something they like, they are so happy, at least mine is...I don't get this...lol)

Just let him play around with the cards, and let him know if he has questions, he can ask. Maybe leave a deck you think he might be interested in laying around casually, LOL.

Very cool :D

Alta

I also agree with Lyric and others about not seeming too excited, or he'll back off. If the Housewives Tarot is the one he likes, well, why not really?

Oh, such fun to have your SO enjoy tarot too. I really wish my SO had been slightly willing to experiment.

Agree with whoever posted that Anthony Louis' tarot book is the kind a mostly-non-tarot guy can relate to. No psychology or other 'fuzzy' stuff, just straightforward options on the cards written very plainly (as the title says :) ).

MysticalMoose

How lovely! Im thrilled for you, its great when you can share an interest & the fact that he has asked you your opinion is also encouraging :) My SO likes my cards, he doesnt feel he has any talent but he actually does ....he very often picks a deck up & has a shuffle & picks a few cards out...I agree with what people have said, leave a good basic book out. That Anthony Lewis one that has been mentioned is a good one & maybe on odd days leave a few different ones lying on the coffee table ~ maybe when he feels a little more knowledgable he will come out of his Tarot~Shell a little and surprise you!!! :D