PDA

View Full Version : Can't access the server!

dadsnook2000
29-03-2007, 23:04
Can't access the server! When posting (a large, page and a half) I get a message saying that I don't have permission to access the server. Yet, I can post a short message. The message I was posting was first written in Microsoft Word, then copied and pasted into the AT posting box. Word has macro's that can be enabled or disabled -- I have saved two versions with and without macro's to see if that played a role. It doesn't. Any suggestions? Dave

AJ
29-03-2007, 23:50
try breaking it into two parts?

dadsnook2000
30-03-2007, 04:05
I can't post a reply of any length. I have been able to post very short messages. When I submit/post a message I get the following message on a white screen:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /newreply.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.tarotforum.net Port 80

This message indicates that the AT server is involved. Any help? Dave

Alta
30-03-2007, 04:11
Yes, though sadly it takes experimentation. Somewhere in your message is something really silly the server does not like, c u r l, l y n x or some other computer forbidden word. Sometimes it is just a space or formatting.

Try posting a few lines at a time to narrow it down. Been down this road myself, argh.

Alta
30-03-2007, 04:12
See this thread too.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=49173

dadsnook2000
30-03-2007, 05:02
Thank you for your advice. I had this problem years ago when I first joined and had forgotten about it until you replied.

THE PROBLEM was in having two spaces after a colon in a sentence. One space works fine, two does not.

Thanks, Dave.

Alta
30-03-2007, 05:55
You are welcome. As I said, been through that process!