I Ching Tarot by Cheung Kwong Yin

room

It's not a tarot deck so I hope moderators don't move my thread.

I Ching Tarot by Cheung Kwong Yin
ISBN 9628602063
Slightly comic-type illustrations--supposed to closely mirror text of the Wilhelm I Ching translation in imagery.

I saw Pagan X mention in another thread that she owns a copy of this deck. I think I've got that right anyway.

There are no pictures of this online other than the box cover. I wonder if someone could scan 2-4 cards in and upload them here please?

It would be nice to actually see what the cards look like, both in illustration and in any titling/numbering.

Thanks.

room

Here's the snap of the cover.

I am assuming the illustrations look like this one? It's an expensive set not to have any examples of what the cards look like.

[Edited: I bought the set, so if no one else can post scans I will when I get it.]

room

Okay, I found some examples from the book. The cards themselves are brightly coloured.

One shows two cards and the way the titling is done. The other shows a card and the text and information layout from the book.

Abrac

Thanks for posting that room. I've been chomping at the bit wanting to see what the cards look like. I almost ordered it earlier today. But these pics you posted will hold me over until you get yours and then I will decide. :)

room

Abrac said:
But these pics you posted will hold me over until you get yours and then I will decide.

They've shipped so maybe by Monday I'll have them.

I've been trying to find a few OOP and almost OOP I Ching decks before they get too expensive. It makes a nice comparison study to lay different cards out together, and then consult my different books.

I don't care for the arrogance of certain Western online cliques regarding the I Ching. The Chinese culture does not encourage such arrogance, argument, and snobbery in study or personal reflection, fortunately.

I have two large books of Chinese poetry that I also like to use with the I Ching cards. Gives me a quiet moment for reflection. China has a long and interesting history of poetry.

One of the members here got me interested in using yarrow sticks--I don't have those but I have Chinese fortune sticks, so can use 50 of those in the same manner. The classical way hurts my hands--arthritis and tendinitis--so I'm working out how to hold/count them in a less painful way.

Nice to tie it all together.

Pagan X

There is a site that offers online readings with the I-Ching tarot, excellent for seeing the cards. i-chingtarot.com

It must be a new site. I love this deck.

Abrac

hmmm, that url doesn't work. Is it just me?

room

Abrac said:
hmmm, that url doesn't work. Is it just me?

No, it doesn't work. I tried a few configurations and a web search and I can't find the site. Oh well.

Pagan X

It may be too new to show up on web searches. Moderators here on the forum have removed urls posted directing to other websites about the I Ching, so I'm hesitant to post a url. I don't want to seem evasive.