tarot cleansing

jayem

how do you guys cleanse your deck? if you do.

i feel theres an excess of negative energy in the deck i use for my personal readings. usually i just reorganize the deck by number and order, but im looking for any other ideas for a cleansing ritual. someone once told me that they leave the deck by a window sill for 24 hours so it get the sun and moons energy.

The crowned one

That is an interesting topic to me, as I have never found any energy to be anything but indifferent in a happy sort of Aquarian way as far as my cards are concerned.

I believe in negative energy, but I have never garnered any to my decks. If I felt I had I think I would use aromatherapy. Ginger and orange... or rose oil. Give them a week with the essential oil in a closed wooden box.

a_shikhs

jayem said:
how do you guys cleanse your deck? if you do.
You can clean your cards by putting a few crystal tumbles with them, preferably amethyst and clear quartz crystals, use incense over them, lots of shuffling and rearranging them in order after a reading.

Umbrae

I've never ever ever cleansed a deck.

My decks contain all energies and readings, positive and negative...and as they age (get used more), they feel better and better (for both myself and the sitters).

The crowned one

Umbrae said:
I've never ever ever cleansed a deck.

My decks contain all energies and readings, positive and negative...and as they age (get used more), they feel better and better (for both myself and the sitters).

I am inclined to agree with Umbrae on this, a little negativity and a little positiveness are just yin and yang. IF a murder used my cards and put his malice all over my cards (or someone along that lines) I likely would replace the cards just for his/her physical touch on them, if it was a favorite deck I would do as I posted above.

Stormwitch

I light a nice thick sage bundle, or drop some on some charcoal (white sage I prefer) and I move each card through the smoke. Yes I know, doing that with 78 cards takes a while but I find it quite a spiritual and thoughtful experience.

(off topic: good grief, this place is addictive, I've already made 62 posts and I've not long joined!)

ana luisa

I also feel the same way as Umbrae. I don´t mind energies. What I sometimes do is to "recharge" the deck. I get a soft piece of cloth and softly rub it on each card while getting the feel of the image on each one. It is excelent for reconnecting with decks you haven´t used for a while.

Sulis

No cleansing for me, I just shuffle :)

Alta

I admit that I have never cleansed a deck, but possibly am not as sensitive to energies as many here.

The only time I got a deck where I could sense the former owner's energies was a very old Thoth. The deck is soft from shuffling and use and I always feel that the deck was very loved and it sort of radiates happiness. So, what can I say?

I think that any small ritual would do it. Re-ordering, passing carefully through a candle while focusing, smudging etc. All signify will and intent.

MysticalMoose

Yes I think its the intent that matters if you feel the need to cleanse your cards by what ever method. ~ Remember, "where intention goes, energy flows"...I tend to shuffle my cards then cleanse & charge them with Reiki...sometimes I pass them thru my favourite incense also