I think I"ve cracked it finally..

Stormwitch

For a long while now I've sensed myself changing how I read, what spreads I use and which decks. So after seeking advice and using my intution I've decided to go ahead with what keeps going around in my head.

I've been thinking of using a different deck for four different sets of issues etc. And of splitting those decks as you'll see below, so here is where I am at right now..

Love/relationships/Emotional issues:

Deck: Baroque Bohemian Cat's Tarot. (Had this brand new deck for sale, couldn't sell it, which is kinda odd, figured out its for me, what a sweetheart of a deck)

Suit of Cups
All courts cards
Major Arcana

Business/Finance/Study/Career and direction issues:

Deck: Tarot of Dreams

Suit of Pentacles
Suit of Wands
All Court cards
Major Arcana

Communication/Legal/Conflict issues

Deck: No darn idea yet!! (excuse to buy new deck and haunt the Aeclectic decks pages until I find one)

Suit of Swords
Suit of Wands
All court cards
Major Arcana

Family/relationships/Home issues:

Deck: No idea here either!! (see excuse above however)

Suit of Pentacles
Suit of Cups
All Court Cards
Major Arcana

General issues/readings, other types of divination:

Deck: Merlin Tarot

All cards.

Ok so bearing in mind I've been using one deck to read in this manner and it's working like a charm for me, I kept feeling the need for seperate decks on hand like this. Sometimes I'm called upon for phone readings and this would always be handy to answer several issues without the caller waiting for me to reshuffle or redeal.

So I"m just after your thoughts and opinions on this rather obtuse way of doing things, I am after all an Aquarian with a Virgo moon!

Gavriela

I like the idea, actually, as a fellow often-phone-reader. Hadn't really thought of it in those terms, though there is one relationship spread I sometimes use that's some of the Cups and some of the Majors only. I generally do rows of three instead - that works too, but it's been the thought of separating out cards like that when someone's waiting on the line that's kept me from using the Cups and Majors one. I'm planning on buying The Lovers Path to use for those.

And I've asked decks which things they like to read about, and use them that way. Or sometimes just discover it from reading with them.

All-around for anything -RWS
Love and relationships, family stuff - Fantastic Menagerie
Cuts through everything deck, good on legal and career - Harmonious (nope, didn't think it would be til I tried it a few times).
Gets to the heart of the matter, but a bit more gently - African Tarot
Creative or romantic - Rock n Roll

Lusting after a Tarot of Color, too, but that's my eccentricity, I think.

Multiple decks for phone readings is generally a very sound idea.

Stormwitch

Gavriela said:
I like the idea, actually, as a fellow often-phone-reader. Hadn't really thought of it in those terms, though there is one relationship spread I sometimes use that's some of the Cups and some of the Majors only. I generally do rows of three instead - that works too, but it's been the thought of separating out cards like that when someone's waiting on the line that's kept me from using the Cups and Majors one. I'm planning on buying The Lovers Path to use for those.

And I've asked decks which things they like to read about, and use them that way. Or sometimes just discover it from reading with them.

All-around for anything -RWS
Love and relationships, family stuff - Fantastic Menagerie
Cuts through everything deck, good on legal and career - Harmonious (nope, didn't think it would be til I tried it a few times).
Gets to the heart of the matter, but a bit more gently - African Tarot
Creative or romantic - Rock n Roll

Lusting after a Tarot of Color, too, but that's my eccentricity, I think.

Multiple decks for phone readings is generally a very sound idea.

I like your ideas:) I've decided on Tarot of the 78 Doors for communication/legal etc and Tarot of the Druids for Family/relationships etc.

I think I"ll also find this helpful when I'm doing the sorts of long readings in person where the Querent has all those issues going on but wishes to deal with them one at a time.