Tarot "Jokers" -- What do you do with them?

Miren

sharpchick said:
So I store all mine now in bags or wooden card boxes and get rid of the original packaging, as well as the cards my son calls the "tarot jokers," the ones that tell about the publishing company and other decks published.

I can never figure out what to do with the tarot "Jokers". There's a lovely one with my Legend: Arthurian. I'm considering leaving it in, because it fits so nicely. It just has a picture of a jeweled dragon on it. I was thinking about making it like my happy squirrel. ;) And then the Gilded has two spread cards, fairly useful. But I don't have enough cards (3) to merit a separate storing place. Right now I just leave them on top and take them off when I use the decks.

What do others do with these cards? Or what might you advise?

Thanks,
Miren

Michelle

I use mine as bookmarks in my tarot books.

Sinduction

I leave mine in the otherwise empty box since all my decks are in pouches. I don't know why they even include them. It's a waste in my opinion. However, if it was a nice card, like the one for your Arthurian, I would keep it in if it was readable.

I never thought to use them as bookmarks. That's a great idea too. :)

ilweran

Sinduction said:
I don't know why they even include them. It's a waste in my opinion.

I think it's probably something to do with the printing and cutting of the cards. There are usually an extra two which makes the total 80- 8 rows of 10 cards maybe?

I leave them in the box with their deck. I prefer it if they have art on, like the Lunatic Tarot, instead of blank.

Lewen

I never really thought about it. I like the idea of using it as bookmarks for my tarot books. Great idea!

Furnacechant

I tack them to the wall, if they're aesthetically pleasing, along with pictures I've printed off the Internet that caught my fancy. Of course, some people don't like the effect of multiple small, unframed images hanging on the wall, so it's up to you. You could even find small photo frames for them, if it comes to that.

Allure

I try to use them as bookmarks but I usually loose them.

rcb30872

Sometimes I keep them separate, and sometimes I keep them with the deck. Once I forgot about it, shuffled the deck. Pulled out the card for a daily draw and it was one of the "jokers". Like, OK, what does that say? What does that mean? })

franniee

I use them as bookmarks...,

Alissa

ilweran said:
I think it's probably something to do with the printing and cutting of the cards. There are usually an extra two which makes the total 80- 8 rows of 10 cards maybe?
You would be correct.... :D

I stuff mine in my Godiva metal tin, which I use for a Tarot box for a few of my decks.