tarot the game

jayem

my friends mom taught me how to play last night, except since shes italian she called it 'tarocchi'. its actually a ton of fun. we used an RWS deck and its pretty much just like poker and rummy. im still a little unclear on the rules for The Fool, but ill get the hang of it. i might buy a new RWS deck just to play the game on. anybody played it before?

Pook

i've never played, but I've heard its fun...is it easy to catch on? Id like to play....

kerri28

No, but it sounds interesting.

jayem

Pook said:
i've never played, but I've heard its fun...is it easy to catch on? Id like to play....

yeah its pretty easy to catch on. theres usually either 5 or 3 players (i guess 4 players is really hard), and one of those players is the dealer. the dealer passes out the whole deck 3 cards at a time, and one card at a time to the 'dog'. the dog is kind of like, the starting pile. anyways, after you look at your cards, you make bids. i forgot the value of the bids. all the cards get traded between players in the game, except the fool. whoever was dealt the fool, keeps the fool. the fool also has no value, so its hard for somebody to win if they were dealt the fool. except, the fool can be used to like 'phase' out the other players. look the rules up at like US Games or something, since im terrible at remembering things, but it is very fun. i unfortunately didnt win :(

The crowned one

It has always reminded me of the game "Hearts".