PDA

View Full Version : Prehnite

jema
29-09-2002, 09:16
While at town last week i picked up a prehnite from the stone dealer in town. it is a translucent pale green stone.
mine has some inclusions in it too.
it is a pretty stone and mine is nice and smooth with an interesting shape.

all i know of the stone is what a slip of paper from the store told me (and i don't know where she gets her info from)
anyway, it says that Prehnite is for the heart chakra and Yang.
it is good for mental and phychic clearity. Ideal for telepathy and contact with aliens. destressing. protecting. and in ancient times it was used to divine the future.

now these are not my words but just a rouch translation from that slip of paper.
anyone know anything else about it?
i found some webpages with pictures but nothing about it's properties.
(just look up prehnite on google to find lots of images)

Phoenix
29-09-2002, 09:58
I found:

http://realmagick.com/articles/62/262.html

jema
30-09-2002, 03:41
Originally posted by Phoenix
I found:

http://realmagick.com/articles/62/262.html

yay! thanks Phoenix, that site looks like it has a lot of good material on other stones too!

Strega
05-10-2002, 12:25
I don't have Prehnite yet.

Thanks for the link, Phoenix. :)

Sulis
13-06-2009, 00:25
My husband just gave me a beautiful prehnite pendant. I've never seen this stone before and it's absolutely beautiful. Mine is a translucent grey / green with inclusions.
It's apparently a healing stone which promotes a sense of knowing. It's good for helping you to remember your dreams and is good for anaemia, kidney and bladder problems.

lark
13-06-2009, 01:29
Oh Sulis ...one of my favorite stones....I always keep some on my tarot table when I read.
In one of my cystal books it's called the prophecy stone
I'm a sucker for any green stones and this one is a beauty...congrats on your new pendant!
I have a big chunk of raw prehnite and a few tumbled ones.

Sulis
13-06-2009, 23:05
Oh Sulis ...one of my favorite stones....I always keep some on my tarot table when I read.
In one of my cystal books it's called the prophecy stone
I'm a sucker for any green stones and this one is a beauty...congrats on your new pendant!
I have a big chunk of raw prehnite and a few tumbled ones.

Ooh thanks for this Lark :).
'The prophecy stone' - I like that :D.
The pendant is beautiful - really chunky, just how I like my jewellery to be. I love translucent stones and this one certainly is a beauty.