Fairystone?

HearthCricket

Can someone please tell me what a fairystone is? I remember my father always telling me when I found a stone with a circle on it, that it meant good luck. I am not sure if that is a fairystone or if a particular gem/stone has been ordained as the fairystone. I appreciate any info you can share on it!

Kahlie

I thought they meant all stones with a hole in it... but I'm unsure!

Kahlie

Chronata

I have heard this before!...It's a neat legend, that i use in my storytelling.

Rocks that are found with natural holes in them are called fairystones, because when you look throught he hole, it is supposed to enable you to veiw the Otherworld, and to see Fairies!

wumpkie

I also heard they were very good for protection from certain entities. I found one once on a beach and threaded ribbon through it so that I could wear round my neck when need be. Isn't there something about hanging them above your door???

celticnoodle

we use to live in VA, and in that state, in the Blue Ridge Mountains, there is a stone that looks like a cross, and it is referred to as a fairystone. My daughter has found many of these stones when she was young, while we would be hiking through the mountains there. legend has it that these fairystones will protect you against any disaster if worn, so they are also known as the "good luck stone". these particular fairystones are only known to exist in this area in the whole world. I cannot recall if they do have a hole in them though.

celticnoodle

exactly wumpkie!!! that's what i was talking about too! i could not recall the whole story behind it, until your posting, but that is it!

hmmm....now I'm wondering if my dau. still has any of these stones.

wumpkie

They can be quite hard to get hold of. I mean I went into a crystal shop today and I nearly bought one it was about £17-£20 ($33-$39 approx)

FantasyWorld

I live 1 1/2 from there and have some.
If you'd like pm me your address and I will mail you a few.

wumpkie

Staurolite at a glance...

-Traditionally a protective stone and tailsman for good luck.
-Enhances and strengthens rituals.
-Said to access ancient wisdom from the Middle East.
-Connects the physical,etheric & spritual planes promoting communication between them.
-Relieves stress.
-Alleviates depression and addiction.
-Good stone to quit smoking and heal the effects.
-Treats celluar disorders and growths.
-Increases assimulation of carbohydrates.