Online Tarot Readings?

vividlygreen

I was looking to get more practice in reading for others, and I remember some people talking about reading for others through the internet. I'm not looking for professional profit, just experience. Is there any website for volunteering to read for others (other than on this forum, of course!)

The crowned one

this forum alone could keep you in readings for years! :)

shadowdancer

I would second that....lol if you posted you are offering a reading you would be taken up within 10 minutes.

Davina

Tara2007

vividlygreen said:
I was looking to get more practice in reading for others, and I remember some people talking about reading for others through the internet. I'm not looking for professional profit, just experience. Is there any website for volunteering to read for others (other than on this forum, of course!)

Try the ATA website. I don't think they offer readings anymore themselves, but there may be links to other sites that do. Also, if you inquire to anyone who has a web-based business they may let you offer free readings through them.

Just a thought....if you don't want/need to make a profit for yourself, perhaps you might think about charging a small fee and donating that money to a charity?

Love & Light

http://www.ata-tarot.com/resource/index.html

raeanne

Hi Vividlygreen,
You are in one of the best places for practicing your skills! There is a forum called 'Reading Exchange' that is specifically designed for people to practice reading for others. You need to be either a Subscriber OR a Member for more than a week with 25 posts. It won't take very long for you to get 25 posts so you should be able to access this forum soon. Also, if you use any oracle decks, you can practice your skills with those decks (or stones, or shells, or whatever method you use) in the 'Oracle Readings' forum. I don't know of any other web site that offers this type of helpful exchange! The people who participate in these forums will give you good feedback if you ask for it. The people here are some of the nicest folks you will find! Welcome to the clan.

Miren

I'm not sure how these sites work, but you might be able to read for them:

http://www.freetarot.us/

http://www.freereading.us/

(I think they might be basically the same site)

And I would second the recommendation that you try out reading here. It's really fun and you get lots of feedback (often from people who know a good deal about tarot)!

Sinduction

Or try joining a newbie thread in the reading exchange forum. The spreads are usually only three cards and it is a lot of fun! I like exchanging here since people are so nice even if you are way off.

The crowned one

Sinduction said:
Or try joining a newbie thread in the reading exchange forum. The spreads are usually only three cards and it is a lot of fun! I like exchanging here since people are so nice even if you are way off.

That is good to know!

rcb30872

Yeah, that is how I started reading for others, just plonked myself into the reading exchange part, signed up for exchange groups and just offered readings. I haven't really gone anywhere else. I have picked up a few friends here and there from the internet, but not on here, that I offer to do readings for them. I have one that does I-Ching, so he does an I-Ching reading for me and then I do a tarot reading for him.

However, for the reading exchange part, you may find that there are certain prerequisites before you go in there, but not quite sure what they are, it would probably tell you under the title of Reading Exchange.

:love:

Bec