Is it possible...

Heavensent

Hi everyone! I wanted to know when you get several great readings on various angles of a topic and one comes out not so good. Do you:

A) Take the reading and try and adjust yourself accordingly to get back to the place when you got better readings

B) Ignore it, keep it moving, and don't contemplate it

C) Pray (if you believe in it) and ask for your angels and higher power for help to get you back on track

D) Combination

Interested to know your thoughts.

Pao

Do you mean if you ask different questions on the same topic? Well I have that bad habit of always asking questions over and over which I am trying to break. I found that if i get a good reading and then "to be sure" I ask again only differently and get something "bad" I found that its probably because I'm confusing myself and since I keep asking the same thing over and over, it eventually doesn't make sense anymore, kinda like "they stop answering" (meaning the angels and whoever I am working with for help with the reading)
So I try to stick with the first initial answer. Then sometimes I think asking the same thing over and over will change the outcome which worries me if the initial response was a positive one, but who knows. :)

wytchwood

Yes, if you mean you have done several readings with the same question for 'clarification' then I say there's your problem. You should only ask once IMO and if you can't see the answers you wanted, consider the possibility that you could be missing the message. If, on the other hand, you are changing the question each time, it could be that you are in fact asking questions that are too similar, exhausting the subject, your subconscious mind can grow weary of being pressed about the same issues, particularly if it knows it has answered already and you didn't hear. I think of it like pestering: nobody likes it do they?

Have you considered, in situations where a lot of information is needed, doing a much more in-depth reading to begin with, and making that your main focus? you could try putting more effort into the preparation and choosing the cards, or make the operation into several stages to ascertain different levels of the issue...you know: have a special bath, light candles and incense, invoke/ petition whichever otherworldly beings you think appropriate, make sure of having some peace and quiet, that sort of thing, of course all in proportion with the importance of the reading.. Make sure to write down the whole spread in your notebook along with any feelings/ intuition/ other significant factors so that you can look at it with fresh eyes later if necessary, rather than a repeat reading which, in my experience, is never a good move.

One more thing (promise!), if you have come up against a brick wall already, then I think you need to leave it a couple of days before asking again, unless it's a real emergency.

Zoe

Heavensent

Thanks for the responses!! I was talking about what if you get readings from others instead of yourself. Does the same still apply?

concertina226

Hi Heavensent,

When I first started using the Tarot cards, I was very skeptical, and although different readings, done by myself, done by strangers, done by internet websites, came up with the same key cards and the same message, I started to realise that it was because I was not understanding or accepting the message. Once I accepted the message and asked, "What I should do now?", the cards started changing, still showing the changing situation, but with stronger advice for me.

I try to take all tarot readings into consideration, and even when I don't understand what they mean immediately, perhaps a few weeks or a couple of months' later, the messages start to become clear :)

LOL this is a funny story that has nothing to do with what we're talking about , but it really tickled me :p - I'm making a big decision about my relationship at the moment. Just now, I decided, right, what do the spirits think? I asked them a 7-card yes/no question. They replied yes, and gave me lots of tangible advice, but one of the cards was basically saying, "you put too much value in other people's opinions - what do YOU want?" :p

Heh... I think I asked for that :p

Grizabella

Heavensent said:
Hi everyone! I wanted to know when you get several great readings on various angles of a topic and one comes out not so good.

Well, this sounds like maybe you're basically asking about the same issue but wording it a little differently each time to try to get around the "don't do many readings on the same subject". :) If that's the case, then I can understand your confusion.

My suggestion is that you decide what question you have about a particular subject and then get an in-depth all-around reading about that issue.

Having had that reading, just accept it for what it told you and go on. Don't ask any more about it for at least a month.

In the case of what you're asking, where you've had some positive readings and then a clinker, I'd advise you to just take the information from all of them and just muse on all aspects of it to get the most help from it you can. There are always good and bad aspects of anything, so consider the clinker to be the negative side of the issue, or maybe the negative things you've been overlooking.

Anyankah

E) Realize that the angles weren't as different as I thought they were and try not to do that again. (This hasn't happened to me, but I do consider whether readings could contradict each other the measure of whether questions are too similar.)

SunChariot

Heavensent said:
Hi everyone! I wanted to know when you get several great readings on various angles of a topic and one comes out not so good. Do you:

A) Take the reading and try and adjust yourself accordingly to get back to the place when you got better readings

B) Ignore it, keep it moving, and don't contemplate it

C) Pray (if you believe in it) and ask for your angels and higher power for help to get you back on track

D) Combination

Interested to know your thoughts.

Well if each reading was done by a different reader, there is always a chance that the negative one was just not a good reading and was inaccurate.

If the negative reading was not the last one done, I would ignore it as a more recent reading has indicated a more positive future. So that would be B in that case. But is also a chance that if the negative one was done last that something has changed recently and the direction you are headed has taken a negative turn.

Then it would be a combination of A and C. As well for A, I would do more readings and ask things like "What can you tell me about if this negative reading saying "x" was accurate?" (then if it was...) "What events, thoughts or actions on my part took me from the path where I was heading towards "x" and put me on this current path where I am heading towards "y"?" How can I get myself back onto the path where I am heading towards "x"?" ....

Bar

wytchwood

If you mean what do I do if the outlook is not so good, I change my approach. I usually do readings with more than one possible outcome so that I can see the connection between my own actions and the results. Of course, if things look bad, most times these difficult times are part of life and our individual journey, but if you can't face it, there's always magick ;)

Zoe