Tarot and the Bible

mystic mal

mystic mal

I see the Queen of cups as Mary Magdelen and the King of cups as Jesus.Although not a religious person I see the Bible in symbolic form.MM showed Jesus unconditional love and self sacrificial love,She was also a mystic.The role of the King of cups is to bring love and compassion to the world (birth signs Cancer and Scorpio) The knight of cups is always on a quest looking for the Holy Grail (Pisces).The 3 of cups is the card of commitment to each other but through the story he goes away (5) but are reunited again (I0). The Heirophant is a mixture of the beast and the priest within us symbolic of good and evil (Christians) Jesus on ass,risen above the bestial instincts to spiritual values and the Hanged man (crucifixion) etc. So is this the real Bible code?

rogue

That's funny, I always saw Jesus as more like the Hanged Man. It's not that simple though, if you're coding the bible to tarot you'll have to be flexible. Look for different characteristics of one character in the different cards. There is one god with many faces.

Pumpkin

Hello & Welcome :)

Miren

lampkin said:
That's funny, I always saw Jesus as more like the Hanged Man. It's not that simple though, if you're coding the bible to tarot you'll have to be flexible. Look for different characteristics of one character in the different cards. There is one god with many faces.

True, the Bible does present many aspect of God.

I actually can see Jesus as both the Hanged Man and the King of Cups (or 9 of cups). While he lived, he had a great deal of living to do. And then he died.

Indigo Rose

I think many of the cards can be linked to Biblical images and precepts.
In personal readings, I see the Hanged Man as Jesus and The Emperor as God the Father. I see the Holy Spirit representing the Feminine aspects of God. I don't have a specific card in the Tarot which is symbolic of the Holy Spirit; rather I see myself in relationship to the Spirit through the High Priestess and Page of Cups. The tool of Tarot as a whole represents my relationship to the Spirit. In this way, I am a seeker of Wisdom and Understanding from the Holy Spirit; where faith is the essential ingredient for reception. The Page of Cups has faith; which is required have fellowship with God. He holds out his cup of faith... believing he will get an answer....and he does...the Spirit talks through the fish. This is really pivotal for me because on my journey the Spirit speaks to me through a myriad of mundane things...yet communicates important messages. The High Priestess holds deep knowledge and communion with the Spirit; but holds the secrets she learns close to her heart.
I also see the 10 of Wands as the command that I carry my cross, after Jesus. The 10 of Swords as crucifying the old me, and allowing the new creation to be born.

~:heart:~

rogue

I guess it depends on which tarot you're using as to how you're linking the cards to their biblical messages. I am more in tune with Thoth, so my interpretation is quite different, but I see where you're coming from. I link the 4 horsemen to the 4 knights in any case. You're right on with the interpretation of the holy ghost being the mother energy of the trinity. I like how the cherubs are used in the cards too. The tarot has always had its biblical links.