Corner rounders/ cutters for trimming borders on my DruidCraft...

wytchwood

Moderators: please move this if it's not in the appropriate place!

I've decided to trim the white borders on my DruidCraft as the edges on a few of the cards are frayed and you can tell which ones some of them are. Plus, it's a great excuse to give it a go as the ones others have posted pictures of trimmes look fantastic. So, Sulis and others who have trimmed-

What do you use to do the corners, how do you do it, and where do I get one from?

Many thanks for your input in advance!

Zoe

shadowdancer

I did this exact same thing to my DC deck

The corner cutter was not as easy to get hold of in craft shops (they do fancy shapes but not the straight forward corner rounder) so I got mine from e-bay for about £4

Otherwise, sharp scissors, steady hand and a lot of patience for the borders.

Good luck

Davina

Briar Rose

I have a deck from Debra here on AT. She trimmed off the borders on The Goddess Tarot. Wow, it looks so excellent!!! She did such a great job. This decks looks so good I cannot imagine it with borders. I love the deck!

wytchwood

Many thanks, I think I got the right thing on Ebay, I'll have to see when it arrives!

Well, it's done, guys, I have in fact trimmed off the borders with one of those guillotine doofers from The Works. I would say it's not exactly perfect, but good enough, and the cards do look a lot better without the white edges. There's something about the white edges on cards that makes them seem paler and somehow they distract from the image. I'm not sure why but it definitely seem to have this effect. Well, now I've done one, I'll probably do others. Not sure how the corners will go, but we'll see.

I really didn't feel I had a choice about it anyway because of the fraying to the edges of some cards. It was as if the machine which cut them out had a blunt blade or something, and the edge was noticably different on a few cards. The ace of Wands was easy to spot from the spread out backs, meaning it would not get picked. Also the World was another. The cards, although not quite as uniform in size and shape as they were, have much cleaner cut edges and are not distinguishable from each other at all.

And, they are more personal now. I see why others are so enthusiastic about trimming!

Zoe

Imagemaker

Trimming is wonderful. I meant to post scans of my Druidcraft, but got sidetracked by family emergency (over now).

Check them out for continued inspiration! trimmed Ace and Moon

wytchwood

Thanks for the wonderful scans! - you tempt me to trim them more, but I think I'll keep them like this for a while and see how that goes.

I love the way they look like old photos on the backs! I doubt they will look like this after I do the corners though.

Zoe

Sulis

I left the stone borders on mine for quite a while - they looked like window frames into another world.
The typeface used is really beautiful too and it's a good idea to have the titles on the cards until you've got to know them really well :)

wytchwood

Sulis said:
I left the stone borders on mine for quite a while - they looked like window frames into another world.
The typeface used is really beautiful too and it's a good idea to have the titles on the cards until you've got to know them really well :)

Oh, I thought yours still had the stone borders on! What made you decide to trim them off in the end? And, do you prefer them as they are now?

Zoe

edited to add: how uniform are yours in terms of size and shape?

Sulis

I decided to remove the stone borders in the end just because I thought that the cards would look better borderless.
I have the Morgan Greer and it was my main reading deck for quite a while - I love the way the images bleed into each other during a reading and I thought my DruidCraft would look good like that too.
I also thought the backs were a bit too weird with the stone borders left on.

The cards are very uniform now and are the perfect size to shuffle.