Melody lineage

wizzle

Give me a fnerking break. Melody's book is a bad re-hash of Cunningham's work. She can't even be bothered with hard data like mohs hardness of stones, etc which is in other books out there. And we are supposed to believe what she says? It's because of Melody that we now all believe that citrine can't be negatively charged. Ahem. Yes? And just why do we believe that when Melody says to? Because she is a great mage or something? The woman has NO credentials. Sheesh.

Like someone said, newage rhymes with sewage. But then, what you believe will probably take root. And in Melody's case, it's now making money what with the "lineage" classes. I just really have to roll all over myself laughing about that. Can you imagine a real honest to god master pimping on the web?? Gotta love it.

Pumpkin

Are you taking about the Love Is In The Earth books? I bought that a long time ago, everyone was crazy about that book at the time.

What books do you like to use?

Little Hare

Yes Pumpkin

Wizzle is talking about the love is in the earth books author Melody.

MCsea

Wizzle

Which books do you prefer to use, I have Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Crystal, Gem & Metal Magic and agree he did some research and gained information from many sources also.
Melodies book I find is useful also. I like Judy Halls books.

blessings

MARINA

raeanne

Hi Wizzle,
Wow, you are really angry! I'm sorry you are so upset by Melody's book.

Sophie

I found Cunningham useful for magic and pretty poor on therapeutic usage and hard facts, compared to the 2 French-language books I have, which really are serious about lithotherapy.

A crystal healer I know here, who has given me some great advice (tested by yours truly) rates Melody's book. I don't have it.

But I am really surprised at how pissed off you are about this. It's only a book. Anyone seriously interested in crystals and stones will have more than one. Each will have its own virtue, don't you think?

wizzle

Well, yes, I"m pissed off.

Cunningham's book was out there years and years before any of the other newage books. And I've owned it for ages. It's not perfect. But it's original and if it's a re-hash of earlier material I'd like to know from which sources. When I was trying to get books on stones back in the early 60's, not much was available but I picked up what I could. Cunningham was among the first of the metaphysical treatments of stones. I do recall another book (by the guy after whom Kunzite is named... senior moment here) available at the time. But it was mostly dealing with the physical properties of stones.

You ask why I'm pissed off? Because I've discovered that I too can get certified as a "Melody Lineage Master of Crystology" or whatever for a few hundred bucks via her websites. I'm so not pleased with this idea. Here we have a lady... probably well meaning and sincere and certainly sensitive to stones... who wrote a fairly reasonable, although not original book. But now she is "lineage" in the same sense as the Reiki masters are? Give me a fnerking break. This lineage business, at least to me, demeans what true lineage is all about. It uses a term to sell information in the same way snake oil was sold in the 19th century. Why not just be happy, oh great Melody (and company), with some sucessful books? I am NOT about to believe that Melody or the others in her bunch can give me crystal attunement in the same way a Reiki master can do a Reiki attunement. And attunement, as we all know, is what lineage is all about. So why is the Melody crowd using this term??

If anyone is interested in becoming a "Wizzle Lineage Certified Honest to God Crystal Guru" (WLCHGCG) please let me know. This is sure to be a very limited and exclusive group. But I'm designing a terrific emblem you'll be able to use on your website to tout your special status. Send money now. We take credit cards, pay pal, checks or cash. We are not fussy about your money. Just send lots.

Briar Rose

You know Wizzle, Melody is actually a very knowledgeable teacher. Her colleagues regard her as advance, and not a spiritual phony.

Everything metaphysical is subjective. It's not black and white.

So, if you read something you don't like why mash it to a pulp in public?

SilverCloudedWolf

I think working with crystals is a very personal exprience, and I don't take any book I read to be the "diffinitive" (did I spell that right??) way or use. I take them as guidance, a starting point, and try to find my own path.

Having said that i don't tend to use Melody's "kaleidoscope..." because I find it hard to read, I find Judy Halls' books far more accessibly written.

wizzle said:
I do recall another book (by the guy after whom Kunzite is named... senior moment here) available at the time. But it was mostly dealing with the physical properties of stones.

It is "The curious lore of precious stones" by George Frederick Kunz

Little Hare

wizzle said:
Well, yes, I"m pissed off.

You ask why I'm pissed off? Because I've discovered that I too can get certified as a "Melody Lineage Master of Crystology" or whatever for a few hundred bucks via her websites. I'm so not pleased with this idea. Here we have a lady... probably well meaning and sincere and certainly sensitive to stones... who wrote a fairly reasonable, although not original book. But now she is "lineage" in the same sense as the Reiki masters are? Give me a fnerking break. This lineage business, at least to me, demeans what true lineage is all about. It uses a term to sell information in the same way snake oil was sold in the 19th century. Why not just be happy, oh great Melody (and company), with some sucessful books? I am NOT about to believe that Melody or the others in her bunch can give me crystal attunement in the same way a Reiki master can do a Reiki attunement. And attunement, as we all know, is what lineage is all about. So why is the Melody crowd using this term??

I agree with you on this point wizzle, i think its sad about the website and lineage stuff, i can see why your mad.

Like alot of things that become popular e.g reiki, colour therapy etc. there are new ways of marketing it. I think what people need to do is go back to the basics and look at okay well what is crystal healing? Instead of paying however much, can i still get healed if i go and sit on a rock outside? really strip things back, question them and make there own informed choice.