PDA

View Full Version : Sharing pictures of my crystal collection~

lark
17-04-2007, 12:25
For a long time now I've wanted to share some pictures of my crystal collection.
I've been collecting for many years and I'm afraid it shows. :)
I recently took everything out and made a Stonehenge kind of arrangement with it that I like very much.
And my daughter took some picture and sized them for me.

The first 3 pictures are of my collection from different angles...one includes my Fairy dolls... Grandmother Moon and Fairy Gwen...they take turns going to the fair with me on the weekends.

The fourth is my fairy dish...my son bought this as a gift for me and I keep a collection of crystals and rocks in it on my tarot table at home.

So I hope you enjoy, and ask away about any stone you might not recognise I know the names of all of my stones....

And share you collections too in this thread I'd love to see a thread dedicated to pictiures of our collections.

love
lark

Pumpkin
17-04-2007, 12:35
Very pretty Lark. Love all the stone balls. The fairy dish is so cute. :)

Ruby Red Slippers
17-04-2007, 13:37
Faerie Dolls

Lark where did you get your faerie dolls?
I have a healing faerie doll made like yours that I bought from a sweet tiny lady at the renaissance fair in TX.I love my doll and have never seen another one like it.
Arent they just the best? Your ladies are lovely!

RRS

lark
17-04-2007, 14:41
Hi Ruby
My dolls are from a little lady who makes them in TX too.
I was trying to find the tags for them. I can't remember what she called her business but her name was Kandea or something like that.
A woman was selling some of her dolls in Racine WI at a craft fair I was working at.
And I bought two, I just couldn't resist...they are really amazing....I never thought to ask if anyone on Aeclectic had any...I'm glad you do. :)
Maybe you can post a picture of your Healing faerie sometime, I'd love to see her.

Alectra
17-04-2007, 14:58
Here are some pictures of some of my collection. I have rocks all over my house : )
A~

Sheri
17-04-2007, 15:57
How pretty! I really love rocks! I have some coming in the mail, as soon as I get them I will put them all together for a group photo.

I used to have them around the house...but then my husband started putting them in the houseplant pots and I was afraid I would lose track of them so I am hording them all in my computer room/workshop!

Thanks for starting the thread Lark and posting your pics and thanks for sharing yours too, Alectra!

valeria

Debra
17-04-2007, 17:10
Wow, you all have wonderful stones and crystals.

I've got a few. The cats like to bat them around. That's how it is with cats, eh?

wumpkie
17-04-2007, 17:14
Dribble...These are all so pretty and yummy :D I shared some pictures before when I have bought some new ones but I havn't got round to taking a full group picture I might just have to try that later. Thank you for sharing these wonderful photos.

wumpkie
17-04-2007, 17:33
So here they are:

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s104/wumpkie/b99a96b1.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s104/wumpkie/5d43ccda.jpg
{The small amethyst in the square bowl is the one I found im my undies drawer :D)

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s104/wumpkie/a0e2f0e9.jpg

:) :) :)

lark
17-04-2007, 23:56
Alectra and wumpkie beautiful crystals...thank you for posting them.
I love seeing other people's collections and how they arrange them.
Do any of your rocks move... mine move around sometimes, like this morning the blue stone and the green flourite are snuggling up to each other and I know it wasn't like that yesterday...and I don't have cats.

Ruby I remembered the lady's business name WEE PEOPLE.

Moonbow
18-04-2007, 00:58
I've taken these in a bit of a hurry because I 'should' be doing something else right now, but this is my small collection. I go for flat tumbled stones to use in Reiki and the others are because they are pretty. :)

These photos show a piece of volcanic rock from Lanzarote with peridot in it, a piece of Cornish amethyst, my Moki marbles and my dad's lucky pixie called Joan the Wad.

Your collections are all wonderful I hope this encourages more people to show theirs.

HearthCricket
18-04-2007, 01:32
All these photos are just lovely. Many of you are inspiring me to purchase some of the darker stones, now! They look so interesting! Lovely collections!

Lark~Your sphere collection is amazing!! The 2 next to the clear one...what are they? Smokey Quartz? I love the way you have it set up in a circle. Your own modern stonehenge. :D

Alectra
18-04-2007, 02:46
Wow Everyone has some cool rocks! Nice Sphere collection Lark, I only have two Spheres. I never really got into collecting those but I like how they look all together.

Yum delicious rocks!

A~

lark
18-04-2007, 05:21
Lark~Your sphere collection is amazing!! The 2 next to the clear one...what are they? Smokey Quartz? I love the way you have it set up in a circle. Your own modern stonehenge. :D
One is a smokey quartz and the other is a clear quartz.. very, very clear and it seems to be reflecting the Amethyst rock behind it...either that or it just got cloudy and mad because it doesn't like getting it's picture taken :D
I like smokey quartz the best, not to dark, but dark enought to be interesting...very good for gazing.

Nice crystals Moonbow* I love Joan the Wad.. LOL!

MysticalMoose
18-04-2007, 06:17
Ohhhhh how beautiful!!! :) thank you for posting these fabulous pics, they have really cheered me up tonight!! Lark I just LOVE the way you have arranged your stone circle, so pretty. & Alectra, Moonbow & Wumpkie your collections look stunning catching the light....Ive enjoyed them so much Im going back for another look!!! :D

Guiding Cauldron
18-04-2007, 06:53
ty for shareing everyone they are lovely!

moonbow- i have to say i ADORE your lava rock with all that peridot in it! peridot is my brithstone, i've never seen it look so beautiful as in your rock though! blessingsx

wizzle
18-04-2007, 13:58
What a gorgeous collection of crystals and stones! And you've displayed them in such interestesting ways. I'm totally in awe at the variety in your collection. Can you name a favorite or favorites? Or maybe at least talk about any stones that work particularly well for you?

p.s posted the above reply before I saw moonbow's collection.. also stellar. I LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing what everyone here at AT has. Just consider me a total sucker for rock/crystal collections. Keep 'em coming.

memries
18-04-2007, 20:32
I am really enjoying the pictures as well and they make me almost inspired to gather up my collection and display them. I have given away quite a few but still have a lot. They are in different parts of the house and not nicely displayed. I love the "stonehenge" display. That is really nice. What a good idea ! I still have not bought or found my Lemurian Crystal but I am sure as time goes on I will find one that "grabs" me.

MCsea
18-04-2007, 21:02
I agree I am really enjoying looking at everyones precious crystals and it inspires me to go PLAY with mine too - they do look neglected

blessings and happiness

MARINA

HearthCricket
18-04-2007, 23:54
I just ordered a bunch more polished stones...ones I do not have yet in my collection. When they arrive I will take more pictures. I think I know what bowl I will put them in. It will be for the darker stones with a great variety. Where does everyone buy their stones? I have bought from bestcrystals.com, but they run out, a lot, and don't always have what I want, so I need another reliable outlet!

memries
19-04-2007, 00:03
I buy mine form time to time in stores or gifts shows or native gatherings. Also got some raw emeralds on ebay or bidz.com. I don't see many unset things on there recently. I bought a beautiful wire tree with amber for the leaves. It came from Lithuania through bidz.com. I thought if it doesn't come it was only $25 but it came and was lovely. I gave it to my son for a gift. It was all wrapped up safely in bubble wrap. It was great fun opening it and it was so beautiful. I notice they are not carrying those sites on there any more.

Moonbow
19-04-2007, 06:36
Thanks sunshineluvr, I have three pieces of lava rock with peridot but that piece has a huge peridot in it. It's a beautiful stone very common in Lanzarote.

Most of mine are bought in my local metaphysical shop because he really knows his stones and has some fabulous ones. I like to pick them by hand too. The Cornish Amethyst was a surprise to me because it was dug up from my sister-in-laws garden in St Ives, aparently Cornwall has Amethyst! Not very good quality though so it's not often used in jewellery, but I like this piece because I have connections with it.

Keep the photos coming.

wumpkie
19-04-2007, 07:25
I so want to go to Cornwall. I missed out on a family trip down there because I was working. But I hear it's a smorgasbord of British crystals down south. The best we get here is sandstone... exciting...:neutral:...

lark
19-04-2007, 07:51
What a gorgeous collection of crystals and stones! And you've displayed them in such interestesting ways. I'm totally in awe at the variety in your collection. Can you name a favorite or favorites? Or maybe at least talk about any stones that work particularly well for you?
This is a list of all of my crystals to date:
I buy most at the Mind, Body, Spirit Fairs and at 3 little shops in and around where I live.
I usually don't buy online I like to pick them out myself too..but I have when I am looking for a specific stone and can't find it anywhere else.
I like to just be lead to a stone and then research it later after I buy it, that is my favorite way of picking stones.
Sometimes I have a specific need and then will research a stone for that need and try and find it....but they usually just grab me and I take them home with me.

Some of my most used stones are for healing and ones I hold during meditation.

INFINITE is my best healing stone I use it very often to alleviate pain.
If you look in the faierie dish it is the larger light green stone with the light grey stripes on it. It also comes in grey and a beautiful light blue color...I have all 3 colors and keep the others on my night table.

My AJOITE SPHERE is held during meditation and also my SHATTUCKITE.
My Shattuckite is also in the faerie dish at the bottom, it is a large rock that is a teal green color with dark grey sprinkles on it.
It's a newer rock and a good example of being lead to a rock and then finding that it matches exactly what you need before you even know you need it.
I had a very interesting reading a week before I found it in which I was tolds I was an Oracle...this rock is used to bring out the messages of an oracle....so I about fell over when I got it home and researched it and it said that!!

I make up little crystal bags for different things....Family Harmony when I have to go visit the extended family that doesn't get along very well....
I'll make up a bag for an illness...or when I have my painfull periods that knock me out for 4 days at a time I have a whole dish of those in my bedroom.
Amber is a good cramp reliever.
I have a bag in the car for safe travel....
I have a dish I take to the fair where I read that is specially dedicated to tarot reading.
I love to research a need and find the best stones to help.
So if anyone is interested in the stones in the bags just say so and i'll post the lists for you.

As you can see I have so many and I do use most of them for different purposes...they are a working collection.
So the above is just a little peek into some uses.

1. BLACK TOURMALINE
2. BLUE KYANITE
3. GREEN KYANITE
4. MOOKAITE
5. SELENITE
6. SMOKEY QUARTZ
7. ROSE QUARTZ
8. TOURMALINATED QUARTZ
9. RUTILATED QUARTZ
10. PHANTOM QUARTZ
11. RAINBOW QUARTZ
12. PICTURE QUARTZ~SMOKEY, AMETHYST, ROSE, & CLEAR
13. SPIRIT QUARTZ
14. AMETHYST
15. LAPIS LAZULI
16. AJOITE
17. CROSS STONE~ CHIASTOLITE
18. BLUESTONE
19. UNAKITE
20. GREEN FLUORITE
21. GREEN/PURPLE FLUORITE
22. CELESTITE
23. ANGELITE
24. PREHNITE
25. AMETRINE
26. PEARLS~FRESHWATER
27. CITRINE
28. LIME CITRINE
29. AQUA AURA
30. LARIMAR
31. BLUE CHALCEDONY
32. BOULDER OPAL
33. RAINBOW OPAL
34. LABRADORITE
35. DUMORTIERITE
36. INFINITE
37. MOONSTONE
38. RAINBOW MOONSTONE
39. BLUE MOONSTONE
40. CHRYSOCOLLA
41. LEPIDOLITE
42. RED CORAL
43. LAKE SUPERIOR AGATE
44. BLUE LACE AGATE
45. FOSSILIZE CORAL
46. CHAROITE
47. SHATTUCKITE
48. ZOISITE & RUBY ANYOLITE
49. HOWLITE
50. MALACHITE
51. GREEN AVENTURINE
52. APACHE TEAR
53. BLUE QUARTZ
54. AQUAMARINE
55. SUGILITE
56. RHODOCHROSITE
57. AMAZONITE
58. APATITE
59. MOLDAVITE
60. PIETERSITE
61. JET
62. MAHOGANY OBSIDIAN
63. SNOWFLAKE OBSIDIAN
64. RAINBOW OBSIDIAN
65. BLUE OBSIDIAN
66. CARNELIAN
67. SODALITE
68. HEMATITE
69. BLOODSTONE
70. SUNSTONE
71. CHRYSOPRASE
72. PRASIOLITE~ (GREEN AMETHYST)
73. PINK KUNZITE
74. CANADIAN JADE
75. BROWN & GREEN JADE
76. RHODONITE
78 BROWN TIGER EYE
79. RED TIGER EYE~FALCONS EYE
80. ORANGE CALCITE
81. YELLOW CALCITE
82. BLUE CALCITE
83. AMBER
84. LINGHAM
85. EMERALD
86. TURQUOISE
87. PETRIFIED WOOD
88. IOLITE
89. BORNITE (PEACOCK ROCK)
90. ARAGONITE
91. BLUE ARAGONITE
92. PERIDOT
93. SERPENTINE
94. PYRITE
95. LARVAKITE
96. BLACK ONYX
97. RED JASPER
98. FANCY JASPER
99. OCEAN JASPER
100. DALMATIAN JASPER
101. YELLOW JASPER
102. RHYOLITE/LEOPARD SKIN JASPER
103. GARNET

HearthCricket
19-04-2007, 09:31
Please let me know what crystals you use for painful cramps. I need something to alleviate all the problems I have. Any particular crystal good for getting rid of an ovarian cyst? Presently suffering from that, too. :(

lark
19-04-2007, 09:43
Please let me know what crystals you use for painful cramps. I need something to alleviate all the problems I have. Any particular crystal good for getting rid of an ovarian cyst? Presently suffering from that, too. :(
OUCH I have that too Hearthcricket...I have an ovulating cyst that bursts almost evey cycle and it's very painful...(((((you poor thing.))))
Well here is what I keep by my bedside in a bowl, I call them my Women's Stone's and I use as I need them...I lay them on the painful spot, or use as an elixer...or wear them through out the day as jewlery.
Sometimes on a bad day I will lay a circle of them around me on the bed and lay down and listen to a soothing relaxation/meditation CD with my headphones on.
So take what is useful from this list.
I'll research cysts for you and see what I can find.

WOMENS STONES

BLUE TOPAZ- Hot flashes
CHRYSOCOLLA- The womans stone for all hormonal problems.
RED JASPER- menstrual/menopausal, bladder pain
BLOODSTONE- menstrual/menopausal
KUNZITE- menstrual/menopausal
CORAL- eases cramps
CARNELIAN- PMS, menstrual problems
ORANGE CALCITE- balances hormones, bladder pain
PEARL- helps hormones to find there natural balance.
TURQUOISE- eases cramps
WATER OR JELLY OPAL- breast tenderness, regulates hormonal levels.
HEMATITE- excessive bleeding
AMAZONITE- breast problems
GREEN FLUORITE- especially good for peri-menopause and menopause.
BLUE CALCITE- hot flashes, headache due to hormonal fluctuations.
MAHOGANY OBSIDIAN- all hormonal problems in older women
SERPENTINE- hormonal balance, mood swings
MOONSTONE-eases problems with fluid retention, menstrual, pms, menopause, mood swings, and prevents over reacting to the situations and pressures of others. Insomnia, and hormonal and stress related headaches.
EMERALD- Improves the general health of older women and makes the transition through menopause easier and more comfortable.
LEPIODOLITE-Menopause, powerful pain remover
SODALITE-Welcomes in wisdom of later years.
ROSE QUARTZ-menstrual pain
LAPIS LAZULI-menstrual pain
AMBER-bladder pain, cramp relief
RAINBOW QUARTZ-regeneration of cells and tissue in bladder
AQUAMARINE-bladder disorders
JADE-bladder problems
GREEN AVENTURINE-urinary problems
LAVA-PUMICE-absorbs menstrual cramps
INFINITE- Powerful pain reliever
BLUE TOPAZ-cystitis

Satori
19-04-2007, 11:23
Thanks lark. Great list, great collection. And the other collections are gorgeous too. I love crystals. You've inspired me to do some cleaning and put out some of my rocks for spring!

HearthCricket
19-04-2007, 22:43
Thank you, Lark! I plan to go through what I have now and what should arrive in the mail, today or tomorrow, and make up a bag. I need as much help as possible!

lark
20-04-2007, 00:20
Thank you, Lark! I plan to go through what I have now and what should arrive in the mail, today or tomorrow, and make up a bag. I need as much help as possible!
HearthCricket I would be happy to send you one of my INFINITES if you can't find one....just pm me your address.

HearthCricket
20-04-2007, 01:07
Thank you, Lark! I think I will take you up on it! A few stones you mentioned I do not have. However, my order arrived, so here is my new bowl of many polished stones! I basically went through BestCrystals.com and ordered one of everything! My husband bought me the crystal bowl, yesterday, to add to my collection! It is the fourth pictures, so now I have three bowls of crystals and stones! So, here are my crystals, so far;

Guiding Cauldron
20-04-2007, 01:16
oh thank you for the crystal info for healing! what an amazing well of knowledge! :)

Sophie
20-04-2007, 01:52
I've been drooling over your collection, Lark, and admiring how you have set it out - but one stone caught my eye. You described it later as the infinite stone.

I went googling - and much to my surprise and delight, found that this stone comes from...South Africa! And that it is said to increase the potency of reiki and other energetic healing methods. Well, having been won over by reiki, and living in South Africa - guess what I'll be doing tomorrow!

And it's gorgeous. I found this page (http://www.crystal-cure.com/infinite.html) on the net about it.

Thanks for sharing, Lark. :*

I'd like to add to your fantastic list of Women's Stones (copy-pasted pronto) - I've used Blue Topaz very successfully against cystitis (don't yet have the hot flushes, but I'll keep that in mind for when they start).

lark
20-04-2007, 01:59
Yes, it is from South Africa!!! I forgot to mention that...I hope you can find some Sophie.
It is the most wonderful stone...I think it's almost my favorite for healing work.

There you go Hearthcricket blue topaz for cysts...thank you Fudugazi.
Maybe the hubby needs to buy you a nice big Blue Topaz ring! :)
You have a very nice collection...lots of aqua aura..good stone..I only have a small piece of that, but have always wanted a larger one.
Pretty crystal ball too...nice rainbows in it....rainbow quartz is very good for bladder problems.

P.S. I thought you wrote cysts but you said cystitis...that a whole different thing....I'll add it..... good one for Women Stone's

Moonbow
20-04-2007, 02:24
Lovely to see some more photos, and don't they come out well. I was surprised that my large polished Labradorite showed the iridescent colours so well in the photo.

Hearthcricket you have some lovely crystals in your collection, I particularly like the uncut ones and the wands.

It doesn't show in the photo but my smokey quartz wand, (which I bought in Cornwall) has a ghost inside and these are particularly collectable - apparently.

Here's a link showing a ghost:

http://gwydir.demon.co.uk/jo/minerals/quartzcrys.htm

...although mine isn't so cloudy.

I've never heard of the infinite stone either, I think it's more commonly known as Serpentine here.

Edited to say that my favourite stone is Moonstone... not the blue/white pearl one, but the creamy striped ones that come from deeper down, and to me are more powerful. You can see one in my photos, I also sometimes wear a heart moonstone of a similar colour.

Tarotphelia
20-04-2007, 05:57
Wow - this thread is not only fun , but inspiring too !

This first pic shows some mixed agate runes I made in the foreground :

http://www.pixilive.com/uploads/20070419/quan_yin_crystals_3.jpg

http://www.pixilive.com/uploads/20070419/altar_of_green__purple_.jpg

HearthCricket
20-04-2007, 07:01
Lovely pictures, DI! Your runes are gorgeous and I love your display of the crystal balls and the Victorian things behind it. Hmmm!!! Ideas running through my head now! :D

wumpkie
20-04-2007, 07:08
Everyone has such lovely displays. I think I need to start putting a bit more effort on how to display my little friends :)

Moonbow
20-04-2007, 07:24
What's the green sphere on the right Dark Inquisitor?

lark
20-04-2007, 10:02
DI that is a beautiful display...your runes look old and mysterious like you found them in a dusty bag under a rock in a secret garden...I love them

Tarotphelia
20-04-2007, 10:27
Thank you lark - maybe that is because they came out of the Mississippi River , tumbled only by the great waters .

The green sphere on the right in the other picture is fluorite , as is the egg on the other side .

Briar Rose
20-04-2007, 10:58
What nice pictures. I love your collection. Your Crystals are so alive.

Guiding Cauldron
20-04-2007, 16:44
Wow - this thread is not only fun , but inspiring too !

This first pic shows some mixed agate runes I made in the foreground :

http://www.pixilive.com/uploads/20070419/quan_yin_crystals_3.jpg

http://www.pixilive.com/uploads/20070419/altar_of_green__purple_.jpg

love your kuan yin statue! i've been looking for one of her for my alter area :)

inanna_tarot
18-04-2008, 22:29
ive been oogling at these pics today.. so so pretty :D

memries
18-04-2008, 23:45
I did just a bit of shopping yesterday and found these little things.

I wanted to buy a big piece of Selenite but settled for now with three small pieces.

I chose the Labradorite because it felt good and has some pictures in it.
I really thought it was picture Jasper but that is not what the card said when I got home.

The last I think was a bit of a coup ! It is a Swarovski crystal nail file.
Blue stones decorate the top but the blade itself is supposed to be made of Swarovski crystal as well. The lady said it never wears down. I really bought it because it was pretty. It was in a Green Earth Store and they have other handle patterns and colors but I chose the blue.

morticia monroe
19-04-2008, 02:21
What a gorgeous file. And love the case..

There are the stones I purchased in Hot Springs..the shiva lingam is amazing..I've never felt stronger vibrations from any stone.

http://groups.msn.com/aeclecticstuff/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=64

and my little bowl o' points...

http://groups.msn.com/aeclecticstuff/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=65

Memries, how are you coming along with your fountain?

memries
20-04-2008, 07:50
Moriticia your crystals are just lovely. I like every one and the bowl that is full of the crystal points is stunning.

My crystal fountain is not happening at the moment. I bought the wrong pump and the wrong bowl ! So will begin again. I have not given up just on hold it seemed other things in life were pressing in.

I bought a pump that has to be submerged when I should have purchased a pump that rests outside the dish you use. Of course by the time you submerge it in all that water what do you put your crystals on ? Never thought of that.

The bowl I bought while nice is clear and I need one more like a metal or dark color. I will get there eventually.

morticia monroe
20-04-2008, 08:32
Oh no,,,Memries. I hate when I buy the wrong things, especially since I am so bad about throwing away receipts.

I had also thought about a fountain, but was thinking that I could just purchase something like this and then use my own rocks..they only run about $25 so I thought it might be cheaper in the long run. Is that cheating? :)

http://www.thepathway.com/images/fountains/waterfall_F.jpg

But it's nothing I'll be doing anythime soon if ever, so let me knoe when you get yours up and going. :)

memries
21-04-2008, 06:53
I am not sure if you saw this site Morticia. Scroll to the bottom or look at the other crystal fountains by following the sites.

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~tripp50/index2.htm

The fellow is a member here who does the crystal fountains.

I have a fountain similar to the one that was shown in the picture but wanted to use larger crystals. Maybe use a bamboo plant as shown.

morticia monroe
21-04-2008, 13:03
Oh yes, I do now rmember looking at those and aren't they beautiful? Dp you have plenty of stones for it? Did you ever get your lemurian?

I should never have gone back and looked at those fountains,,,I just now noticed Brigid of the Rowan Tree. I'm not really into fairy statues or figurines but she is breathtaking! And Rowan is my birth tree.

I have two lucky bamboo plants like those in my back bathroom and they are so easy to grow, and look just perfect in the fountains, don't they?

wumpkie
24-04-2008, 06:48
Like I said on the raffle thread, I'm sorry for not being able to comment on how wonderful all of the crystals are.

Cavern of Elfhame
24-04-2008, 12:08
I am complete awe and envy at all these gorgeous collections, thanks so much for sharing, I'm inspired!

memries
24-04-2008, 21:54
Morticia, I never knew about Brigid of the Rowan tree. I must look back and find it. Also, I did not find a Lemurian yet but soon I am going to Niagara on the Lake where they have a really nice crystal shop with some unusual things.

Spring is here and it makes life much easier.

fina
24-04-2008, 23:44
I did just a bit of shopping yesterday and found these little things.

I wanted to buy a big piece of Selenite but settled for now with three small pieces.
Hard to tell, but I'm not sure if the three samples are selenite. They may be Ulexite. Here is a link to the wikipedia article.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulexite

Look at the top right pic, see if your sample shows the sample directional properties (ie. you can see through it one direction but not the others). It is like Nature's fiber optic cable. The sample from your picture on the far left seems to display this, but it's hard to tell from the pic.

Whatever they are, they are beautiful.

memries
25-04-2008, 00:17
I do not quite understand fina. I can read through both sides of the small oval sample. It does not magnify the words in any way. I can spin it around in which ever direction and still see the print if I use the clear areas. More like looking through a piece of odd shaped thick glass.

I feel like putting one in hot water to see if it melts but don't want to do that.

The medium one I can see the shadow of print through it but it is not highly polished enough. I can see the lines of it being in one direction. Not sure if this was the abrasion or an interior thing. Thanks for the help.

Also I don't feel much from them. Maybe the selenite would be more charged ?

morticia monroe
25-04-2008, 02:47
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~tripp50/brigids_fountain.jpg

Is she not the most beautiful? And holding a pendulum no less.

memries
25-04-2008, 04:00
Yes, Bridgit of the Rowan with the pendulum is very beautiful. Also it seems to me the piece of crystal on the right hand side has a shadow within it as well. I never saw that picture of a beautiful crystal garden before either. I love the way that larger plants were used.

I used to do stained glass. One day I saw a figure within the glass so I made a cross. It looked like the Holy Mother to me. I will try to take a picture of it do not know how it will come out. I kept it though and treasure it. If it works I will post it here.

I also might mention that Mary 3 has a hand reaching up at least that is what it looks like to me and that picture shows it best. This is man made glass of natural substance, sand and whatever and color is added and then it is rolled and ends up being stained glass to work with. Glass is really a liquid and freezes at about 2000o or something like that. It is a frozen state and that is why it is brittle just like an ice cube that will shatter.

opaloz
25-04-2008, 07:50
photos shown on this thread very beautiful and did my soul good, as I'm feeling sad, have misplaced do not want to use the word lost as I cannot accept the fact that my first two crystals are missing, a crystal quartz point and and a clear quartz pyramid, I do remember even moving them from their original home, a long glass bowl I hope some day to simply come across them.....

morticia monroe
25-04-2008, 07:57
I used to do stained glass. One day I saw a figure within the glass so I made a cross. It looked like the Holy Mother to me. I will try to take a picture of it do not know how it will come out. I kept it though and treasure it. If it works I will post it here.

I see Her. Wow.

memries
26-04-2008, 03:00
I hope you find your missing crystals opalez. That would be a good question to ask in the Divination section. Lots of people work with Pendulums there they might be able to zone in on where they are in your dwelling.

morticia monroe
27-04-2008, 12:11
photos shown on this thread very beautiful and did my soul good, as I'm feeling sad, have misplaced do not want to use the word lost as I cannot accept the fact that my first two crystals are missing, a crystal quartz point and and a clear quartz pyramid, I do remember even moving them from their original home, a long glass bowl I hope some day to simply come across them.....

Just a little ol' brain cramp, opaloz. I do it all the time...

Something tells me you'll find them one day when (and where) you least expect it, then all of a sudden your memory will flood backand you'll remember moving them. :)

fina
27-04-2008, 13:42
I do not quite understand fina. I can read through both sides of the small oval sample. It does not magnify the words in any way. I can spin it around in which ever direction and still see the print if I use the clear areas. More like looking through a piece of odd shaped thick glass.

I feel like putting one in hot water to see if it melts but don't want to do that.

The medium one I can see the shadow of print through it but it is not highly polished enough. I can see the lines of it being in one direction. Not sure if this was the abrasion or an interior thing. Thanks for the help.

Also I don't feel much from them. Maybe the selenite would be more charged ?
If you can see through more than one side, it is most likely selenite. You should not be able to see even shadows through the other sides of ulexite. To be honest, I've never seen selenite polished round before (I tend to keep my rocks unpolished as the natural crystal habit helps with identification). They are quite beautiful. And selenite (gypsum) will break dissolve in water too, so I don't think that test will get you anywhere.
Sorry I can't be of more help (or am being the opposite of helpful).

memries
28-04-2008, 10:21
I think you helped me a lot as I think your identification of the Ulexite was accurate. I would have had the wrong indentification after all. I will examine them again tomorrow but what happens if I take the clear part and look through lengthwise could I still see something or not ? Sorry to bother you.

fina
28-04-2008, 10:44
I think you helped me a lot as I think your identification of the Ulexite was accurate. I would have had the wrong indentification after all. I will examine them again tomorrow but what happens if I take the clear part and look through lengthwise could I still see something or not ? Sorry to bother you.
Imagine the crystal as a 6-sided die. Look through the 1-6 side (1 or 6 on top). Can you see through it? If you can, spin it on that side. Does it change? Then flip it on the 3-4 side. Can you see through it? Place it on the 2-5 side and look. If you can through it on two faces (ie 1-6 AND 3-4; 1-6 AND 2-5;...), then it is not ulexite, which means it is most likely selenite.

Hope this helps. I could get into Miller Indices for more clarification, but I think it would make things more complicated than they need to be...;)

And if you want, I wouldn't mind seeing some more pics of the crystal when you flip it on different sides. Gosh, I love rocks!

wumpkie
05-06-2008, 19:55
Hi guys I'm still on holiday in Glastonbury but I just had to share my new crystal purchases with you.

I had been after some phantom quartz pieces for ages and I just so happened to come across some pieces here:

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s104/wumpkie/IMGP0569.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s104/wumpkie/IMGP0575.jpg

I had also been after a quartz ball for ages but had never had one call out to me and then I found it...and parted with my cash....

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s104/wumpkie/IMGP0568.jpg

I can't wait to started using her and the base was from the singing bowl I purchased.

Enjoy :D

BodhiSeed
05-06-2008, 20:34
Oh my, wumpkie! Those are gorgeous! Just love the crystal ball, and the quartz points look like they have miniature mountain ranges in them. Bet you're grinning like the Cheshire cat over these! :D

Alta
05-06-2008, 20:50
wumpkie! Great finds!! The quartz pieces are just amazing, and that is a decent sized crystal ball too. :thumbsup:

wumpkie
06-06-2008, 02:05
:D :D :D *Big cheesy Grin* :D :D :D

There is soooo many crystals that keep calling me and we are spending the last day of our holiday in town... Luckly I get paid tomorrow...

Watch out here I come......

morticia monroe
06-06-2008, 02:41
Wumpkie, I love the crystals! Especially the sphere, as it looks like the type I'd choose for myself...it seems that in scrying, it would be beneficial to have inclusions rather than a water-clear ball.

Lucky you in Glastonbury. I hear it's a magical place. Can you feel it in the air? Just curious.

wumpkie
06-06-2008, 03:15
Wumpkie, I love the crystals! Especially the sphere, as it looks like the type I'd choose for myself...it seems that in scrying, it would be beneficial to have inclusions rather than a water-clear ball.

Lucky you in Glastonbury. I hear it's a magical place. Can you feel it in the air? Just curious.

I wanted one with inclusions :D I think I read on a thread that it gave you something to concentrate on if you had them.

As for Glastonbury it's fantastic, you can feel all the energy in the air, the people are lovely, there are so many places to visit and feel the energies.
Here are a few places we've been to:

Glastonbury Tor: http:www.glastonburytor.org.uk/mysterytor.html

Chalice Well :http://www.chalicewell.org.uk/chalice-well.html

(If you want to have a peek :D)

And of course there are all the shops where you can go nuts, they cater for everybodies needs...and is where I have spent most of my money :D

morticia monroe
06-06-2008, 03:24
Wow, what a beautiful place. I could pack a lunch and get lost in there for days. And I love yew trees....

Are you taking photos for us? :)

I know what you mean about the shops. Nothing I like better than having my wants and needs catered to. Money be damned.

wumpkie
06-06-2008, 03:30
OOOOooo yes there will be lots of piccies to share but I will put those in general chat...

I would seriously consider moving down here :D

(Sorry I don't mean to sound really obnoxious and big headed :()

To make this more crystal related I have seen some crystal caves I really have considered buying I just don't think we have enough room in the car...:s

morticia monroe
06-06-2008, 03:58
To make this more crystal related I have seen some crystal caves I really have considered buying I just don't think we have enough room in the car...:s

LOL, sounds like my own self. Trying to tote home the whole darned mine....

wumpkie
10-06-2008, 17:11
In the end I didn't buy a cave.....I just bought a slab instead :D I will put a picture up of it soon.

On a different note I have put my holiday pictures up on the chat side of the forum :)

devangana
05-07-2008, 11:46
im not sure if i can attach an image but i will try....

http://i29.tinypic.com/2cen2v.jpg
http://i30.tinypic.com/2yvques.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/348gk9f.jpg
http://i29.tinypic.com/28aky12.jpg
http://i27.tinypic.com/30mnz2x.jpg
http://i25.tinypic.com/2dtxguf.jpg

memries
05-07-2008, 12:00
Devangana you have a beautiful collection of crystals. So nicely displayed as well. They must make you very happy. What I liked is the diversity of your crystals. Congratulations.

devangana
05-07-2008, 12:02
remember when i first commented on your amazing collections that i was really at awe? that i only started on my fire opal ring and crystal rosary...now i discovered that i have some stones mix in my accessories that i never knew existed? i am so happy to my discovery that some i can be able to identify it. now i have a collection of my own in such a short time. and i cant stop thinking of buying more stones...i this kind of addiction beneficial to collectors like us?

devangana
05-07-2008, 12:06
thanks memries...i am indeed very happy...sooo happy and its always on my mind

morticia monroe
05-07-2008, 12:43
Devangana those pieces are just beautiful!

Alectra
05-07-2008, 18:02
Crystal Altars designed by me...

devangana
05-07-2008, 18:29
thanks morticia monroe, i do love all the rocks posted by the others here but i cant afford yet the big ones...some of those crystals are my presents for my husband and children. crystals does bring joy to our heart even those trying times.

Alta
05-07-2008, 21:35
Nice pictures devangana, I enjoyed looking at them. So well arranged. I can tell they bring you joy.

Alta
05-07-2008, 21:37
Alectra! You have inspired me to take a picture of the crystals on my altar too. Thanks for sharing, lovely.

devangana
05-07-2008, 23:58
thank you too alta, i have been so inspired looking at the pictures that have been posted here...that inspiration was my guiding light that brought spark in my heart. i want to share this experience to others and for me the best present that you can give to your love ones...small or big nothing is the best but the stones.:)