Are some querents easier to read than others?

HighPriestesss

Reason I ask is I did 10 mini readings the other night at a party (I'm relatively new at doing readings for others). While the first 9 went pretty good and they seemed happy and content, the next guy had me drawing a blank! None of the cards made any sense.

I had him reshuffle (IMO, that wasn't done long enough), and no surprise ~ the exact same cards reappeared although in different positions in the CC. I couldn't read those either! LOL

I blamed it on mental drainage and left it at that.

1) Are some people just unable to be read?
2) Was I mentally drained?
3) How does one go about gracefully saying the cards aren't making any sense?

jayem

ive gotten that before. some people really just are mentally blocking you from reading them. theyre almost challenging you. even if they may ask, there might be some secret or something that they just dont want you to pick up on.
sometimes when cards keep comming up that make NO sense whatsoever in the reading, i take it as a sign of the tower-effect. something completely unimaginable will happen to that person, whether it be good or bad. but, its so random and unthinkable that the cards cant even make sense of it.

celticnoodle

oh yes, high priestess. I've also read for folks and the cards just did not seem to speak to me. i could not make heads or tails out of them. just as jayem said, i do think some people bring a mental block with them, and the cards just cannot penetrate it.

however, i never thought of it as jayem explained, that possibly the cards see it as "a sign of the tower-effect. something completely unimaginable will happen to that person, whether it be good or bad. but, its so random and unthinkable that the cards cant even make sense of it". thanks jayem for your take on it, I think it's right on, and now will try to pay more attention to that. something definately to think about!

linabeet

could be burnout or

it could be that he was not in touch with his own issues so what you saw - or couldn't see had no resonance so it was a flop.

was he drinking? that can mute the messages too.

Lady LuLuB

yep, been there

That has happened to me, too. It is really uncomfortable.

I was reading at a wedding once and an older couple came over for a reading...for the husband, who did not seem like he wanted one (I think his wife made him). I don't remember the particulars, but is was exclusively about emotions. He just kept saying it made no sense to him (what I was saying). Afterwards his wife came back and said it was spot on.

Clearly, he was in no position to accept the cards' message. Which makes sense since he didn't even want the reading.

Sadly, I have no advice b/c I never dealt with the issue. Unles avoidance is a way of dealing. I have not read for strangers for years, only family and friends and co-workers.

Sakura Murasaki

Unless your last person didn't really want the reading like the last poster said, I think that you can chalk this one up to mental drainage. I've been confused by readings, but I don't think that there are "unreadable" people -- just people who don't want to be read for and then days when no matter what you do, the cards just don't make sense. But that's just my opinion. I've never done ten readings in a row before. ^^;;;

Umbrae

The easy answer is yes.YES!!!

Some folks are more difficult to read for - espcially if they sit and there's no feedback of any kind

The complicated answer is no.

But then I've found that some readings...you know when OUR minds get over complicated, then WE make the reading more difficult.

In such cases I suggest getting back to basics. Simplify. Minimize. Move away from cluttered decks filled with 'visual noise'.

Might have nothing to do with the sitter...

And as for Blank Spots... That's a whole different thing.

If you hit the 'Blank Spot', Congratulations!!! You've just become a REAL READER!!!!

kerri28

Yep
Probably only you can tell
I'm so sorry but Im not able to read for you today. We can try again on another day otherwise here is a contact number of another reader if you'd like to try her.

Elven

Yes, this has happened to me too - but with the first reading off the table - so there are some variables to take into consideration which may help.

I agree that you may have been tired - and it can help to make sure you 'place space' between one reading and the next, or after say three reading - you may need to physically remove yourself from the table and walk around. Make sure you have plenty of water to drink too.

But I feel that you cannot remove yourself from the issue at hand either.
When this happened to me, after a short deliberation I became resolved - "Just read the bloody cards" I said to myself LOL! :p - there was nothing on the table I didnt recognise, so I systematically went through the cards applying the interpretation to the placement in relationship to the question - the sitter didnt say much - but you must resolve the issue internally with yourself foremost - and the cards will speak to you.

As for reshuffling - I dont do this - the cards are the cards - and this was reflected back to you after the second round was difficult to read - it also dampens your confidence. Im not saying I havent done this - but I choose not to now - it disempowers me. There would have to be some mighty reason to re-shuffle, and not 'getting' the cards that are laid down, is 'not' a reason to do this. (IMHO)

It may also be a good idea to say "I am doing X amount of readings, and if I can I will do more I will, but after I have finished the first lot". This keeps you in control of what you're doing, and also, if at a party atmosphere, you can monitor the environment and the clients to a point - if the party is getting out of hand and your sitter is falling off the chair, waving a glass of chardonay around and damamging your cards in the shuffle ... you can call it quits! (If you feel thats what you should do) - go for quality in your readings - not quantity.

Just some thoughts...
Blessings Elven x

SunChariot

HighPriestesss said:
Reason I ask is I did 10 mini readings the other night at a party (I'm relatively new at doing readings for others). While the first 9 went pretty good and they seemed happy and content, the next guy had me drawing a blank! None of the cards made any sense.

I had him reshuffle (IMO, that wasn't done long enough), and no surprise ~ the exact same cards reappeared although in different positions in the CC. I couldn't read those either! LOL

I blamed it on mental drainage and left it at that.

Well, my experience is different because I only read for others online. But I will add in my two cents in case it makes sense of helps in some way anyway,

Your question was if some people hard to read or unable to read. To me, I do not read people. I ask my higher powers (usually my angels) to send me the answer to the question, or to send me the info that the querent needs to know (if there is no question) and they send it to me. So in effect, I do not "read" people, nor am I picking up on their energy. It am picking up on the answers that my angels send me and on their energy not on the querent's. And the angel's energy is constant and they do not close it off from me.

IMHO, it is possible you were mentally drained or something in the situation with that querent you couldn't read made you uncomfortable. We need to be calm to read. If they fluster you, it could be hard to read the answers you are getting, if you are not calm enough to read those answers calmly.

Well, as for question 3, I can't tell you for sure, as I only read online for others and that allows me to take as long as I need. But could you just say that there is so much there you would like to take some time too look at it alone and you will get back to him soon with the answer? Likely given enough time you will see the meanings the cards were trying to give you.

Bar