PDA

View Full Version : Iron

mingbop
20-04-2007, 05:57
Where have I heard that iron protects ? I know I have read it somewhere, something about iron keeping you safe. Anybody know more about this ? ta

wizzle
20-04-2007, 07:05
Plain old iron and the derivative "crystals", hematite and pyrite, are very protective.

If you read about it, that was probably in Cunninham's book. He covers the metals very well.

You might not care to slap a cast iron pan in front of your computer to keep you protected, lol, but that does work. Hematite and pyrite will do the job in a more elegant manner. When pyrite is used in jewelry it's termed "marcasite."

I just got into beading and hematite beads are very very reasonably priced. But so are larger pieces like spheres or hearts. I've loved marcasite from the moment I saw it since it makes gorgeous jewelry.

Some folks have a different reaction to hematite versus pyrite. This is probably because pyrite, as a stone, is usually associated with quartz which cuts the heaviness of the iron. That's just my theory.

Hope that helps.

mingbop
20-04-2007, 07:54
ok ta. I must have readit then if it's true . :)

wizzle
20-04-2007, 15:37
I haven't read much about steel, but assume that is very protective as well, possibly more so than iron. That would make steel jewelry a very good choice for anyone who needs protection and support.