Fairy Ring Oracle

Leo62

I have a sudden and inexplicable urge to possess this deck. Do I need it? I already have the Froud's Faeries Oracle and I'm not even all that into fairies!!!

Have they bewitched me?

I'd really appreciate some calm, rational opinions on this deck lol :)

lark

I have found it to be brutal...flat out tells it like it is, no sugar coating or new agey lingo.
I use it when I want to know the truth in quick direct way....not for cowards and makes mincemeat of fools.

Leo62

lark said:
I have found it to be brutal...flat out tells it like it is, no sugar coating or new agey lingo.
I use it when I want to know the truth in quick direct way....not for cowards and makes mincemeat of fools.
Thanks lark :) Not fluffy then eh? And to think I was worried it might be too twee!

HearthCricket

I love the Fairy Ring Oracle, even more than the Frouds. The book is excellent in really getting to know the various types and legends of fairies, what they look like, who to work with and who to avoid. Many of the names are ones you come across in literature, poems, etc., so it is a nice learning process.

The cards are wonderful. Not only do they represent the various Fairies in their various forms, but also their holidays. It is not a fluffy fairy deck, by an means. Direct to the point, these fairies mean business and they are not going to play around with you! It is so different than the Froud's that I just don't think the two can even be compared, so it is worth having both!

lark

Leo62 said:
Thanks lark :) Not fluffy then eh? And to think I was worried it might be too twee!
Not fluffy...it would make Doreen Virtue faint.
But they contrast nicely with Frouds...I said contrast..i didn't say they play well together...introduce them at your own risk and peril...but what is life for but a little excitement and maybe some sparks! :)

faunabay

lark said:
Not fluffy...it would make Doreen Virtue faint.
But they contrast nicely with Frouds...I said contrast..i didn't say they play well together...introduce them at your own risk and peril...but what is life for but a little excitement and maybe some sparks! :)

Well the Froud's Faeries seem to have Jewel's Fairy Ring all in line. :) Her Froud Faeries are the ones who taught her a slightly different way to use the Fairy Ring. And she in turn showed me. I had the Fairy Ring at one time and traded it because it didn't work very well for me. But Jewel's faeries told her to draw one of them to oversee the Fairy Ring reading she was doing and that you couldn't do without the Fairy Ring book. They just don't work that way - at least for both of us. They don't "speak" like Froud's Faeries. Actually Froud's faeries won't shut up!! LOL :* But you have to use the fairy ring book. So yes, I did end up getting another copy and now would never do without it. Of course only when I want a brutally honest answer. Like Lark said you ask them for advice at your own risk!! Cause they'll sure give you their opinion with no punches pulled. So no Leo62 you can't have mine, even though I want that LS Manga deck. ROFL

Leo62

OK I knew this was a mistake.

You've talked me into it. I-have-no-will-of-my-own-must-have-fairy-ring-oracle.

Seriously, thanks for the feedback you guys :) Roll on payday...

faunabay

(giggle) The faeries are working on you too!!! :*

When you get the Fairy Ring.....cause I know you will now!! :D If you have any questions about them just PM Jewel (she's the expert) or me if you'd like. :*

Satori

I have both and never thought to use them together!
The Fairy Ring languishes in a box in my bedroom...and I have not used them forever. In fact I was considering adding them to my trade thread, but now am going to try them with my other deck, the Faery Oracle.

I do remember that the Fairy Ring was a very different voice, and I love what lark says, that they would make Doreen Virtue faint! })

Nice ideas! Thanks!

caridwen

I have the fairy ring oracle and although I love the myths and stories on which they are based, have not worked them out yet. Or at least, I haven't a clue what they're saying to me and it doesn't make sense.

I will spend some time with them though and see what develops:)