Symbolon Deck

doreen

Hi,
Just purchased the Symbolon deck, and wondered what are your views on it.
I will be using it for past life readings.
I should be receiving it in a day or two and am so excited.
I got it new for £10 and saw it advertised alongside, used, for £75.
Has everyone gone mad!
Why the difference in price?
D

wytchwood

Perhaps they recently re-printed it? If it had been out of print, the used prices would have crept up and up.

I'm not familiar with the deck. How is it?

Zoe

Gavriela

It's gorgeous. It's an AG Muller deck, and from what I understand, has gone OOP.

I haven't found many new copies, but did score a used copy myself recently for $15, so if you want it, scout around before....

Satori

It is a very strrrange deck.
Lots of astrological assocs. Cool deck, but different. It can be used as a Tarot. Has 78 cards, and while not exactly structured up like Tarot, I've read with it as one. Works. A bit dark, but works.

Silverlotus

I recently contacted Tarot Garden about this deck, since I would love to have a copy again. (I traded it away a few years ago. Silly me.) If I remember correctly, she said that there is no North American distributor, making it difficult to get. But it is still in print, so I don't think that £75 is worth it. But £10 is excellent.

From what I remember of the deck, it was lovely to work with. I found it every... ethereal. At least that is the word that comes to me now. It was something beyond the day-to-day.

I believe the deck was designed to be used for past life readings, but I don't remember. I didn't use it for that, but I did like it very much for spiritual readings.

Gavriela

AG Muller isn't printing it anymore, but I did see it on the US Games site today when I was doing a bit of research, so it may be worth taking a look there.

Astrae

The Symbolon Deck was originally designed to stimulate memories from past lives, I do believe. I've got a friend who swears by it, but my own personal knowledge of it is rather limited. I've used it a few times, but I do not own it.

Barnes and Noble has it online for $22.50. If it's gone OOP, I haven't heard about it yet.

Pipistrelle

I have it on good authority that the Symbolon is not OOP, there are no plans to discontinue it, and there are plenty of stocks available. So there's no need to panic buy just yet ;)

Pip

Rosanne

doreen said:
Hi,
Just purchased the Symbolon deck, and wondered what are your views on it.
I think it is wonderful! It could be used as a tarot deck, but one would have to have a really good memory. I like the Artwork, the cardstock, the size of the cards (aprox 5x3 inches). I think the system the creators designed is excellent. I am thinking about learning enough to read for others with it; I know it is for examining ones own inner personae. The deck can be used with or without knowledge of Astrology. The images are deeply evocative of my present life, let alone a past one! I really think it will be great for a special type of reading- I will not expect it to be like Tarot. I wish I had this deck years ago. ~Rosanne

BrightEye

I too have this deck. I bought it many years ago when I still lived in Germany and was going through my final exams at university. Funny I kept drawing the same card during that time, the one belonging to the sign of Virgo- I don't know what the English card titles are.

I love this deck. I like the colours and the many allusions to fairytales. Many of them actually have an old German feel to them - like I imagine Germany to have been like in the Middle Ages. Makes me homesick on occasion. I guess there you have a pastlife connection of sorts...