Some readings just knock you off your feet...

jayem

weve all had those readings: we ask a heavily weighed question, and the reading literally knocks the wind right out of us. i did that recently, and ive been thinking of that reading ever since.
many people ask for general clarity to whatever higher power or force is behind the cards; i specifically ask my dad. i had a strong connection with him in life, and i believe that connection followed in death as well.
anyways, my dad was a wonderful man, but like all people, he did have his demons. most notably: his mother. now, my grandmother is a cynical old tyrant of a woman. i actually would loosly call her a grandmother, since that word brings to mind images of old, loving women who bake well and spoil you rotten. no, this woman put on the mask of that, but her deception wore off quick once you knew her. to give you an example, my dad was in the navy... a third class petty officer. now, thats pretty good. its higher than a first (the numbering works wierd...) and we were all proud of him. except her. it was to the point where she wouldnt let him leave her house in his navy uniform because she didnt want the neighbors seeing that he wasnt anything higher. how cold, right?
after he died, she turned into a beast: she demanded she be the beneficiary of his estate, demanded she deserved any money left because she was his mother (state of illinois says the kids get anything the deceased parent owns, thank god), and also took us to court over what little money my dad posessed (life insurence, 401k, estate stuff...). it was ridiculous. here me and my brother just wanted our dad back, and she turned into a financial vampire. the woman lived off the dead.
the other day i did a reading, asking a question of, 'will she get what she deserves?' to my dad. honestly, i was expected 2 of cups type stuff. you know, a big smack in the face saying 'hey JM, lifes not fair...'. but instead i was shocked: a 3 three card draw with shadow and they were all majors, judgement, the tower, death, and justice being the shadow.
i think we all know what that means.
such powerful cards for a packed question. i guess it just proves to show that, in the end, what goes around comes around. since i dont speak to that side of the family anymore (honestly, i could write a book on the stuff that went on there...), i probably wont know exactly what happens to her... but im reassured that she WILL get what she deserves.

Pao

wow I'm very sorry to hear you have someone like that in your family :( They cause so much grief and negativity. I do believe in what comes around goes around and hopefully she will see the error of her ways. I noticed that in this reading, I dont know if Im misinterpreting it, but I feel like you read them like an oracle (I do that too sometimes) since a lot of ppl think you cant ask yes/no questions with tarot but I do it all the time and depending on the card I get I can see if its yes or no but that seems to be more of an oracle way of reading them to me, but I always understand the answer. :) And yes I love the readings that knock me off my feet!!!

celticnoodle

jayem said:
i guess it just proves to show that, in the end, what goes around comes around. since i dont speak to that side of the family anymore (honestly, i could write a book on the stuff that went on there...), i probably wont know exactly what happens to her... but im reassured that she WILL get what she deserves.

oh yes, jayem. i firmly believe in karma. and i'm more inclined to believe that it comes back to haunt you in this same lifetime---not another.

i, too, have a family much like yours. father in the service. his mother not a loving grandmother, and quite demanding of her sons. especially of their monies. all of the sons gave to her and made their own families do without---including my own dad. she's gone now, and daddy's still around, and he did make up for it after she died, giving us all and more then what we needed. but, i also have other relatives who are quite evil. and money is usually at the root of this evilness. i could write a book too. maybe we should go into the book together! :laugh:

i'm reminded of the saying "that which doesn't kill you will make you stronger". yes, your grandma was low and mean to do that to you. however, you have learned a lesson from her actions, and I'd be willing to bet you & your brother won't behave in the same fashion. you've become stronger than she.