If you don't like the outcome....CHANGE IT!

Heavensent

Hi all! Please excuse the following rambling:D. I am slowly reading for more and more people which is going pretty good I might add. Anyway, I did a reading for someone and the reading was pretty good (so I thought), but the outcome wasn't what the person wanted. I explained that the beauty of Tarot is if you don't like the outcome, you can take steps to adjust and change the situation. I also told the person that I had readings where I didn't like the outcome so I took steps to change it. Pray and meditate about it, ask for help and guidance from a higher power. Nothing is 100%. I'm human and spirit uses me to interpret. I can get it wrong, feelings and situations change, so nothing to worry about right? Being forwarned is being forarmed. Take the good parts of the reading and keep doing that and adjust where you think the not-so-good parts are.

Then I got to thinking a bit (querents make you do that I've found) if the card is from the Major Arcana, does the previous rant still apply? I think so, just curious to see what others think.

franniee

I am not so sure if you can completely change the outcome - but this is my belief. I think if something is on it's way you may be able to change your reaction to it and thereby color it differently but completely change the outcome - not so sure - but I do agree with you that we may interpret the cards inaccurately at times so that the outcome may not be the exact outcome.....

The major cards to me are more about growth and evolution, how you are going to evolve as a person, as a soul - the minor to me are more things that are going to happen. I think it is like in astrology when there is an eclipse - the change will happen with your approval or without your approval - you can change your reaction to it and how it gets internalized/assimilated. To be forewarned is to be forarmed to me is perfect.....the ultimate outcome will be different if you know something is on it's way and you are prepared to handle it.

I mean if you are warning her of an impending accident - then by all means she can be more careful and alter the outcome but if the tower came out as the outcome - chances are there will be a big change a coming! But not necessarily a bad one - I don't view the changes as bad and good - out of what we may see as "bad" comes rebirth and goodness.....the querrant needs to understand that.

Just my thoughts....

:love:
f

franniee

UNLESS you were warning the querrant that if their behavior keeps up as it is then the outcome will be thus but if you change your behavior you can effect the outcome....

:love:

Alan Ross

A traditional way to regard the Major Arcana is to see those cards as representing forces of destiny beyond the querent's control. Personally, I don't see the Major Arcana that way. I see the Major Arcana as representing turning points with dramatically transformative and lasting consequences. I feel that those turning points can be avoided, although with somewhat more effort than would be the case with a Minor Arcana card.

Sakura Murasaki

I think that it's good to assure the querent that they can change the outcome...to an extent. Like franniee said, you can change how you react. Changing yourself and how you think makes a lot of difference.

For example, I read for a friend of mine, and in the cards I could see that she was retreating into herself, was feeling stifled by the people around her, and that the best thing for her would be to get away for a while, or go to the college she really wanted to go to. But she interpreted the cards very differently than I did; she thought I was saying that she was going to be alone. Well, there was a falling out and we're not friends anymore. :( It wasn't because of the cards, there were a bunch of things that had been going on for a while, but because she believed that she could never change her future, she made a self-fulfilling prophecy of sorts.

elvenstar

That's a very interesting topic and one I've thought about often. I also believe there is always a choice. However sometimes the cards present us with a situation where we still have to make that choice and sometimes with the consequences of choices already made. In the first case we can still change the outcome, in the second we cannot but we can still change how we deal with it.

I also agree with Alan that the majors don't represent things totally out of control, but I do think they can stand for major forces, so it's more difficult to turn these things around.

To take the favourite tower as an example, perhaps my present attitude and actions are leading me head on to a big tower moment. I get a reading telling me this and also why I'm heading there and what I can do to avoid it. I heed the warning, happy end. I don't, I find myself flying out of the window berating myself for not listening. Perhaps I needed to learn the hard way though. Situation two, I've already caused the tower moment but it hasn't hit me just yet, it's just around the corner and is about to say hello tomorrow morning at 9.35am. I get a reading telling me this and helping me prepare for it. I put my parachute on and hope for the best, or continue denying it and crash with a bang and some big bruises. Next time I'll pay more attention. It's all good in the end. :)

Just my 2p, based on some hard-earned bruises ;)

elv xx

Chiara

I think we sometimes get confused between the "outcome" and "destiny". The outcome does not mean you cannot change destiny. I truly believe that destiny is not a matter of chance, destiny is a matter of choice. Fate is only what pushed you in the right direction and tells you whether or not you are on the right course.

For me, a major card in the outcome means that you cannot change it. It is your lesson to get where you need to go. You learn from it, deal with it, and control your reaction to it. It is not the end, only the means to the end. A minor card in the outcome means that you can avoid it or change it by changing your reactions, thoughts, or actions. A court card in the outcome means that someone is there to help you or guide you.

Sometimes we are stuck with the energy around us but although we can't change it you can redirect it and use it more effectively.

tmgrl2

Hi Heavensent....

These are issues that do come up over and over.....and I think it is wonderful that you are reading live for people...it is a whole different process since you have a real person coming to you with questions or with reasons for wanting the reading.

Ultimately we never know what the querent actually takes from the reading.

We do our best to interpret what comes up....

I do believe in the reading, though, as a process, and I do engage my sitter. Many times, there are parts of the reading, including "outcomes" or "advice" that the reader simply puzzles over.

That's ok. Doesn't mean "change what you said to the sitter."

Sometimes, it helps to engage the reader and together you can clarify how that outcome fits into the entire reading or into the sitter's life, and together you can come up with some action.

Sometimes, it still doesn't seem to make a difference...we simply do the reading, interacting with love, and with the purpose of giving people

Hope.

Hope that they do have choices to effect changes in their lives.

We can't always choose what happens...all of us.

We can choose, however, how we think about what happens, and how we respond as we move forward.

Some sitters may be looking for something different. All we can do is give them the best we have.

In that sense, all readings are good. All paths can lead to growth and change and hope, depending upon the choices made.

terri

StellarMyst

Major Arcana as negative outcome...

Hi Heavensent,

I'm not sure about one's ability to change the outcome if a Major shows up in the outcome space of any reading, but Here's a thought:

Why not view this as something of a warning of what one should be on the look-out for? If (for instance) the Magician inverted shows up here and all that pops through your head is the negative side this card carries (control & manipulation--just to name a couple), perhaps this is a warning to be on your toes...so-to-speak?

Hope this helps a little.

Yours,

StellarMyst

TheOld

I use "Reconstructive Tarot" to change outcomes, verry easy..
Just take the card that predict an unwanted outcomes and change it for another card that is more what you want.
And now push energy in the spread to activate it, there's some way to do that:
Chants
Dance
Pray
Meditate
saying mantra
etc...

when you feel that it's enough just do another reading to see how the futur have been change.
Et voila ;-)

Have Fun
Omeada