Most irrational deck + book combo EVER!

Debra

Here, on e-bay. You can just see the seller scratching his head and thinking, "Well. One deck. One book. Ought to be able to get at least fifteen bucks out of the deal, eh?"

http://tinyurl.com/2fnh4f

connegrl

Hey, its not haunted!

Jen

SunChariot

I wonder how the seller got a hold of the deck and book? I mean this is clearly someone with no knowledge of Tarot and apparently not much interest in learning. So why did he even buy them in the first place?

Looks like one of those who does not know that there is more than one type of deck ever printed. Hey I have the Haindl and I love it. It was my first deck, and that deck is not a Haindl...

Bar

rebecca-smiles

Maybe..

They had the A G Muller? deck (but not the book) and didn't want it

And they had the Haindal deck and book, and wanted the deck but not the book?

Offering two items on the same subject makes sense, although they might be pressed to find someone who wants both together.

people do odd things.

baba-prague

I've actually seen someone - in person - using a Thoth book to interpret the Motherpeace Tarot. It was... interesting ;)

rebecca-smiles

baba-prague said:
I've actually seen someone - in person - using a Thoth book to interpret the Motherpeace Tarot. It was... interesting ;)

This puts Umbrae's advice to throw away the LWB into perspective!

Chronata

That's pretty funny, Debra!

hmmmm makes me think of a game...putting together the most unlikely combos of book+deck, and then guessing what the results might be!

Grizabella

Well, the seller says:

"The book, The Haindl Tarot, Volume I: the Major Arcana, was written by Rachel Pollock who is among the foremost interpreters of tarot in the world. She describes the seventy-eight symbols used in a Haindl tarot deck ( different from the deck above ) and reveals the layers of meaning contained within them. The book is a soft-cover edition published in 1990."

so I don't see any reason to find fault with the sale. They're stating that the book isn't for that particular deck. If they had said the deck and book went together then it might be ridiculous, but as is, I don't see anything wrong with it.

I've seen lots of sales of odd lots of decks and books being sold together on eBay. Usually it's several books with several decks, but one book/one deck works too. :)

SunChariot

The "different from the deck above" was not there yesterday when Debra started the thread.

After my post here yesterday, I felt really sorry for the poor seller. I wrote and told her...and she was happy enough to hear it and thanked me and said she would reword her ad. That part was added in afterwards.

I just feel sorry for her, so I felt I had to write and tell her.

Bar

Glass Owl

Chronata said:
hmmmm makes me think of a game...putting together the most unlikely combos of book+deck, and then guessing what the results might be!
What a clever idea! I also wonder what the results would be using spreads designed for particular theme deck (or theme) with a totally different theme deck. For instance, a Rocky Horror Picture Show spread with the Jane Austen Tarot.