PDA

View Full Version : avatar help please resizing problem

MardiGras
30-04-2007, 04:46
Hi I have large sized avatars but can't resize them to 40 x 40 pixels can anyone help or advise me as to how I can do this please?

or can anyone make me one with MG on it plase?

regards

MardiGras

thanks

Sulis
30-04-2007, 04:48
I use InfranView to resize pictures - it's really easy to use and you can download it to your computer for free.

If you get it go to 'image' then to 'resize' then just type in 40 in the pixel box and Bob's yer uncle - it's done :)

MardiGras
30-04-2007, 05:30
Thank you Sulis will search for the app:-)

FaireMaiden
04-11-2007, 09:04
On October 31-07, Solandia made it possible for users to increase the size of their avatars from 40x40 to 60x60, *s*

Of course, this engendered a lot of gnashing of teeth, as so many of us are computer morons, and resizing at all posed a problem of gargantuan proportions, *lol*

Our beloved '6 Haunted Days' came to the rescue by offering this link to a website that shrinks whatever picture you have to any size you want...

It was so easy, even 'I' could do it! and that's saying A LOT! *lol*

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/

6 Haunted Days
05-11-2007, 13:28
On October 31-07, Solandia made it possible for users to increase the size of their avatars from 40x40 to 60x60, *s*

Of course, this engendered a lot of gnashing of teeth, as so many of us are computer morons, and resizing at all posed a problem of gargantuan proportions, *lol*

Our beloved '6 Haunted Days' came to the rescue by offering this link to a website that shrinks whatever picture you have to any size you want...

It was so easy, even 'I' could do it! and that's saying A LOT! *lol*

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/

Ohhhh I am beloved *blush* It's so nice to feel loved!

The larger avatars are for suscribers only right?

FaireMaiden
05-11-2007, 14:02
Aye... for Subscriber's only...

Alas, MardiGras, who started the thread, is a Subscriber, so I didn't think I had to put in that qualifier... but, come to think of it, it's probably a good thing to keep pointing it out in all these avatar threads, *s*

floracove
05-11-2007, 21:53
so, tell me, how do you make it be a 60 x 60, everytime I try it I get a 50 x 50 or a 70 x 70.

What's the secret, so I'm not here guessing all day long?

Thanks!

6 Haunted Days
05-11-2007, 23:57
so, tell me, how do you make it be a 60 x 60, everytime I try it I get a 50 x 50 or a 70 x 70.

What's the secret, so I'm not here guessing all day long?

Thanks!

You mean with that link up above it won't resize to 60x60? Hmmmm, I just type in 60 when it asks the size, I've never had a problem!

AJ
06-11-2007, 00:30
I just get a black box when I use that site. I've tried it at least 10 times in the last year or so.

tarot4fun
06-11-2007, 00:46
I just get a black box when I use that site. I've tried it at least 10 times in the last year or so.That's what happened to me when I tried to resize a pic twice~

~ so I use that site to shrink a large pic and then take it into Paint.

:heart:

6 Haunted Days
06-11-2007, 00:53
I just get a black box when I use that site. I've tried it at least 10 times in the last year or so.

Weird, that's happened a couple times, but nothing major. I wondered why that was...too small a pic to start with maybe?

floracove
06-11-2007, 09:59
use that site to shrink a large pic and then take it into Paint.

:heart:

That did the trick, even though I'm not versed in Paint so well.
the pic is kinda fuzzy, but it's alright. Thanks!

As far as the black box, i got that too, then clicked on the resize link to the left, it takes you to a different resize screen, it works and did not offer up a black screen any time I used that link.

tarot4fun
06-11-2007, 10:41
Thanks again to Solandia for larger avarars~