Can you do this?

Heavensent

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but I pulled out my Messages from Your Angels oracle deck by Doreen Virtue last night because I am feeling kind of down about a situation in my life and I shuffeled and pulled one card after I asked a question (I asked several without reshuffling). I wanted to know if its wrong to pull more than one card in one sitting but asking different questions? Amazingly, the right card was pulled to answer my question (I'm not used to using Oracle cards) each time I did it. I don't know if there is some sort of 'rule' where it isn't allowed. My apologies if this question seems silly.

Pao

no question is silly! silly :) I dont think there's one right or wrong way of doing readings, specially w/ oracles bc to me they are all about intuition and what you "feel" like doing. Ive done what you've done and I also shuffle each time for a diff question. it depends how/ what i feel at the time. I say whatever works for you, keep it up. specially since you seemed to be getting answers :D

Jewel

Heavensent, I have done that on occassion, particularly when the questions are probing and related to what I am feeling or needing to know about.

Oracles are not as structured as tarot. Relax and do what feels right. the Doreen Virtue decks work really well for what you just described you did. It was probably your own intuition guiding you. Your angels ...

Heavensent

Thanks Pao & Jewel. I don't feel so silly anymore:). I guess on the other hand I am just a little astounded that it worked so well. At first, I thought it was coincidence, but there is no such thing a coincidence, at least that's what I keep telling myself:D. Thanks again!

AJ

I really enjoy working with oracles.
As I understand your question, you in effect have used a spread.
In a spread any number of things can be brought out and you pull all the cards at one time.

SunChariot

Heavensent said:
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but I pulled out my Messages from Your Angels oracle deck by Doreen Virtue last night because I am feeling kind of down about a situation in my life and I shuffeled and pulled one card after I asked a question (I asked several without reshuffling). I wanted to know if its wrong to pull more than one card in one sitting but asking different questions? Amazingly, the right card was pulled to answer my question (I'm not used to using Oracle cards) each time I did it. I don't know if there is some sort of 'rule' where it isn't allowed. My apologies if this question seems silly.

If there are any rules in reading, and there are very few, they concern what will you more than what is allowed. And hey we are all different with different types or talents. Different things work for different people. Still there is nothing that is not "allowed" in the sense that no one is monitoring your card useage and there are not Tarot/Oracle police. :grin:

The only potential problem I can see is not being clear of your intentions first. Depending on where you think your answers come from: the universe, the angels, G-d or wherever you believe they come from, the source of your answers needs to be able to understand what you are doing so it can send the answer in the form you will understand. Like if you start off a reading deciding to read in one way, then change the rules halfway throught to somethings else it could get confusing and you could get nonsense answers. Otherwise you can ask and answer as many questions of the cards as you want in a sitting.

Bar

Water Lady

I have wondered this also and am glad you ask.
Now I too know the answer.
thanks and blessings