PDA

View Full Version : the INDEX Page... UGH!!!

Pollux
03-10-2002, 06:23
I miss the look of the "old" pre-1st-October Forums.

That huge "Extra" thing is so... ugh!
It puts me off opening each Forum one by one, and then having to open each section as well...

I know we are still under construnctions and changes will occur soon, but I just wanted to make sure this was brought up, Solandia.

I know that probably you might plan to get back to the old look already, so don't take this as harassment in this case! I know how bad I am...

Yet, if that was not considered, well... now it was said.
Couldn't you have a big "Subscribers Area" instead of the Extra, with each section shown like Tarot/NonTarot/Trading are...

Pretty please... :(

zorya
03-10-2002, 07:11
i'm with pollux on this one! my computer is old and slow. now i have to wait for yet another page to load. i find myself avoiding those forums as well.

wavebreaker
03-10-2002, 07:45
Isn't it possible to show the subsections in Extra expanded instead of collapsed? That way, there's still the subdivision, but people don't have to click extra to get to the actual forums. And it's also clearer which forums can be found in each subsection.

Phoenix
03-10-2002, 08:24
I agree. Aestetically, I don't care for the look, and when my computer acts up, it is hard to load.

Diana
03-10-2002, 17:37
edited

Lee
03-10-2002, 20:29
Originally posted by Pollux
That huge "Extra" thing is so... ugh!
It puts me off opening each Forum one by one, and then having to open each section as well...Also, for those of us who rely on the little yellow boxes to see what's new, since they don't appear on those Extra categories, that means we have no way of knowing if there's a new announcement unless we actually go into Local Info. I'd be willing to bet that hardly anyone is going to go remember to go into Local Info on a daily basis, and thus if you have any announcements, Solandia, they'll go unread by many people.

-- Lee

blue_fusion
03-10-2002, 21:38
Originally posted by tarotlady
Isn't it possible to show the subsections in Extra expanded instead of collapsed? That way, there's still the subdivision, but people don't have to click extra to get to the actual forums. And it's also clearer which forums can be found in each subsection.

i agree. that way, those parts of the forums will also get some form of "advertisement". as is, because of their lack of visibility, they seem to be "drying up", with new messages coming in less frequently than before. :)

the hermit
05-10-2002, 17:54
i'd like to add my 2 cents worth too...
i don't like the closed up extra section either and hope that it's only a temporary thing.
i scan for the little yellow symbols as mentioned by others to see what's new in the forums i'm mosted interested in.
the way it is now you have to either open it up by several clicks or use the user control panel to know when certain forums have new posts.
i know it's not THAT difficult, but i'm often just popping in and scanning and then back out again and the old, expanded version made that so much either.

wavebreaker
07-10-2002, 19:11
I like the new look!
Thanks Solandia! :)

Solandia
07-10-2002, 19:25
The sub-sections were a test. We're now back to having everything on the front page... it's a long list, but it's possible to see everything again.

~ Solandia

Pollux
07-10-2002, 23:43
Wow Solandia, thanks!!! :* :* :*
The boards look so great now! And the Archive idea rocks!!! :D:D:D

THANK YOU!!! :*

the hermit
08-10-2002, 02:20
YES!!!
Great Job Solandia!

Thank you so much.

aeonx
08-10-2002, 05:50
Thank you, Solandia, for doing such a great job. And of course to all others assisting you. :)

I just wanted to inform the Aeclecticans that the yellow markers don't work properly with my browser, so sometimes they are 'lying' to me. However, I enjoy browsing the forums anyway, so it's not that big a deal. Just so you know, in case your browser does the same. :D

~aeonx~

Kaz
08-10-2002, 06:56
this is great :-) so much easier to use again, sigh of relief here :-)

kaz