Past life characters

mystic mal

Living near Stonehenge I see literally hundreds of people turning up there all claiming to be incarnations of Merlin,Jesus,King Arthur,Cleopatra,Mary magdelene etc etc.....why is it that there are no Joe Bloggs who owned the corner shop or farmers or any ordinary people... I know sometimes I can identify characters from the Major Arcana who I meet,so are these archetypal patterns that are coming through with these famous characters because they were so powerful? Do you think if you are compelled to read or investigate a persons life that is deceased that their spirit empowers you? I have felt sometimes because I am a Cancerian with a Scorpio ascendant that I have lived as the Queen of cups whether she was Helen of Troy,Mary Magdalene or Isis I think we are able to see through their eyes as to how they felt and lived. Does this make any sense?

rebecca-smiles

You watched that reincarnation thing on telly didn't you! I said exaclty the same thing.... well actually i said why doesn't any body claim to be Hitler or Stalin?

Should we introduce all the cleopatras in person and let them fight it out?

Actually i had a very very powerful dream that seemed like i was really someone else. when i was about 16. and i was a 'regular Joe' - with a twist..

I am looking out of a window from a basment onto a busy London street at night. Lots of Neon. I know its London, and the 1970's. The basement is bare with plastered walls and a solitary lightbulb. Dusty. I am waiting for someone. I feel heavy and breathless. They come in - two lads come down the steps and we chat briefly about an exchange. I am selling them drugs, a small bag of something, maybe half a kilo. I turn my back on them and catch myself in the mirror as they shoot me in the back. I see that I am a fat, bald, middle aged man, and I understand why i felt strange and heavy, looking at him. Because I am still rebecca looking out of his eyes.

I wonder if this is some kind of remote viewing.

mystic mal

Thats the phrase I was looking for...remote viewing,,,thanks..its exactly like that...and as for your dream I had one years ago taht stuck in my mind as it was a real full feature length film.I was in Germany helping the French and I was smuggled into this attic where all my children and grandchildren were hiding and like you ,as I went to go out of the room I caught sight of myself and I was about 55 with auburn curly hair and glasses but I knew I had lived it like that at some point.And yes I did see that documentary on TV..that was just ANOTHER Merlin haha

jayem

people want to have fame, whether in this life or the last.
ive always felt i mightve been marie antoinette, since ive been fascinated by her since i was little. really, i do feel a major sympathy for her. but, then again, i could be completely wrong and just like all the others.
i have had very realistic dreams when i was little that im pretty sure mightve been a remeberence of a past life. of course, neither of them cast me as a famous individual. one very vivid one i had when i was 11 had me wake up crying. i was about 6yrs old and blonde... which is wierd since i have naturally very dark hair. i was dressed kind of poorly but not poverty level poor. it was rainy and overcast, and my mom was with me (she too didnt lok a thing like my mom in life), people in uniform were taking me away from her, and i was crying and screaming. she kept saying 'itll be alright. theyre just going to seperate us for a little bit, and then ill be back with you' and trying to reassure me. the people in uniform (mostly men) were incredibly hostile. when i told this to a bunch of people (there are more details but itd take forever to type) everyone pretty much thought it had something to do with nazi germany... but who knows.

Furnacechant

jayem said:
i have had very realistic dreams when i was little that im pretty sure mightve been a remeberence of a past life. of course, neither of them cast me as a famous individual.

I've had a few of those, as well. What makes them convincing for me is that there are things in them that made no sense at the time that I later found out were accurate, like that heroin doesn't really look much like baking soda( it's more beige-ish than many people think, and something seems different about the texture, too?---I've never seen the real thing in this life, but people who have tell me my dream vision of it was apparently much more accurate than most Hollywood movies, at least pre-Trainspotting, which is when I had that dream).

I also have had a couple of others with clothing details I thought couldn't be accurate, and later discovered really WERE historically more correct than what I would have imagined for the time period.

As to famous people, I don't think I've ever been a famous person myself, but I have sometimes wondered if I may have been *acquainted* with Florence Nightingale. For one thing, I remember the first time I read any history on her, I immediately had the thought go through my mind "Ooh, I never DID like her!", and I also have a number of other personality quirks and phobias that would make sense with a past life in the medical profession. She was known for being very harshly( though often justly!) critical of the doctors of her day, so it'd certainly make sense for one of them to dislike her, though from the perspective of this life she seems admirable enough!

jayem

Furnacechant said:
and I also have a number of other personality quirks and phobias that would make sense with a past life in the medical profession. She was known for being very harshly( though often justly!) critical of the doctors of her day, so it'd certainly make sense for one of them to dislike her, though from the perspective of this life she seems admirable enough!
ha, thats funny. i really dont know much about florence nightengale other that she was a nurse? maybe thats even wrong. but i know what you mean with the phobias. i actually have an intense phobia of people touching my neck, or ESPECIALLY being beheaded, but more realistically... having my throat slit.

mystic mal

I have had a fascination with witches ,crones,hags etc andpeople that I tell say maybe I was burnt at the stake or something because I have very bad burn marks on my feet and ankles since I was born and Ive never had an accident and they.ve never faded so maybe thats why Im facsinated with folklore and moved to this sacred part of Wiltshire near stone circles. It makes you wonder eh?

mystic mal

As in FURNACECHANTs views about accurate clothing detail I read a book years ago about past life regressions and this professor was saying that we would have clues about our past lives by sometimes dressing up at fancy dress occasions as an aspect of who we were.... well I have been to 3 such occasions,once as a witch,(which rings true) once as Hecate,which is roughly on the same vein and once as an egyptian handmaiden,I wonder if thats why I NEVER go out without my black kohl eyeliner and my ankh around my neck?

jayem

mystic mal said:
As in FURNACECHANTs views about accurate clothing detail I read a book years ago about past life regressions and this professor was saying that we would have clues about our past lives by sometimes dressing up at fancy dress occasions as an aspect of who we were
very interesting. when i was little i used to pick out my christmas dresses. they were all very lavishly decorated and in a style that resembled that of the clothing worn in france during the 18th century.
ha, funnier yet... my prom dress was an actual antique. it was originally a late 19th century ball gown (i added my own touches to it, like making it sleeveless blah blah blah).
ive heard of the fears and characteristics, but never clothing.

Star-Willow

I have just been reading this thread with great interest and was wondering if anyone has heard of the Jenny Cockell story? The most moving story of reincarnation I have ever read, I have read both her books and I remember seeing an interview with her on the Phil Donahue show, many moons ago :) Please click on this link and definatley *google* her name to get more information if you are really interested :)

http://www.darkstar1.co.uk/jennycockell.html

sorry, I just came back to add that she was just a regular *Jo* :)