Different Language Versions that include differences in Art & Amount of Cards?

Kahlie

Dear People,

Well... I don't know what just happened, but I sure am confused by it! A dear friend of mine, who only speaks Dutch, has a Card Set of Ronna Herman's Archangel Michael Speaks based on the book Wings of Light.

She likes it a lot, as it has 112 Cards with little sayings on the back and the cover art at the front, in a cotton bag with two pouches. She draws them for daily guidance.

I liked it too, but as the author is English, I preferred the original version, as translations aren't always accurate...

So, I thought, ok, let's ask the bookstore to order the English Version, and they say they can't! I looked online, through Amazon, Tarotgarden and Alida, and none of them have this set.

Then, I looked on her website and I was even more confused! She offers 2 Sets, which are both in full color and at least one of them features original art on each of the Cards?! And the number of Cards with each of these sets are 50 and 40... which doesn't account for 112 Cards?!
Some of the English Sayings however, I recognize, but others I do not?!

So, I'm guessing you can all understand my confusion now. I e-mailed the author, but I wondered...

Did any of you ever find so much discrepancies between what should have been... the same set of Cards?

Kahlie

SunChariot

The Margarete Petersen Tarot is published both in English and in German. The images are the same but the colours are not at all. The German one has much brighter and more beautiful colours, with a maroon border. While the English one has duller muted colours with a grey border. Not speaking a word of German, I felt I should get the English ones, but the others are so much more beautiful! And I get a bit bummed out whenever I see the images of the other online.

Here are the images of the deck (the bright version) in case anyone wants to see (without borders)

http://www.lapalmagalerie.de/arte/matrix.php3?basis=tarot&lang=

Bar

Kahlie

Woah! What an incredibly beautiful Tarot, Sunchariot!

I can understand you are bummed about it. Well, I speak a bit of German, enough to work with a German Version, but that doesn't help you any... maybe you should switch now that you are familiar with the Cards & Card Images, so you know which Card is which?

The Author e-mailed me back to say that the Deck I'm talking about, isn't sanctioned by her. Apparently, the publisher just decided to make a deck, took saying out of her book, and started selling it. Geez...

Now I know why I was so turned off with the Dutch Version, as I have several Oracles in Dutch... it's a complete rip-off... (more or less).

Guessing I'll ask my friend the 2 English Sets for my Birthday Present then!

Kahlie