help!

azuremoonchild

the gist is.. i got a tarot from my boyfriend (now ex)
and he put all his energy into it the night he gave it to me
that was like a year and a half ago...now we're broken up and i still have the deck (now my primary and only deck) and i cant seem to bring myself to work with it
theres too much pain in the deck
(bad breakup)
do i purify it
(if so how?)
or do i get rid of it
im in serious need of some advice

jayem

id suggest doing whichever (purify or destroy) you think fits best. if you chose to purify, theres a million ways to but, really, its all up to you. personally, if i feel a deck has picked up too much negative energy, or if the cards start comming out like nonsense, i first wave each card through incense (somebody on here does this also and i 'stole' the method from them :)) and then keep the deck by a window for 24 hours to pick up on the sun and moons energy.
to destroy it, somebody had actually a very beautiful idea of burning it while meditating on the deck. this could actually really fit with the break up, aswell. like a final goodbye.
but really, its all up to you.

azuremoonchild

::nodds:: its a hard thing to do...
i would prefer to purify it...i love the deck so much... but the negative energy bothers me so... i think i shall try the incense...
lavender a good choice of scent?
i just really dont think i can part with the deck...

RaeBelle

I believe that some people use sage to purify. But if lavender feels right for you, use that.

I've never purified a deck, never felt the need. I hope purifying the deck means you'll be able to use it again.

azuremoonchild

i hope so.... im very attached to it...
ive had it for over a year now...
but i shall try the methods given to me and hope for the best
~love and light
~moon

Isarma

salt is very good to kill negative energies, but if you use salt, next you will have to energize your deck because salt will lead him to zero, like the good and the bad energies go away lol, so you can use sun light to energize it, as well as moon light. but of course, it's up to you, burnig the deck may seem very "violent" but I think it's a healthy way for you to begin a new path on the Tarot, renewing it's energy trough fire and using a brand new deck. :)

Kenny

I'm going to buck the trend here.

Don't do anything to your deck. Force yourself to get the deck out and start to use it. At the moment do not read for yourself but for others here on the Reading Exchange forum. That deck has energy--love from when it was given to you as a gift from a loved one and hate from you/him from the ending of a relationship--it would be a shame to lose that energy or to try and alter it in any way whatsoever.

Sulis

Shuffle, shuffle, shuffle.

a_shikhs

You can purify the deck by smudging sage over it and cleansing it by visualising white light all around it. You can even add a few crystal tumbles like amethyst and clear quartz tp orify the deck. I suggest that you musn't destroy the deck but purify it with your energy by lots of shuffling. :)

Alta

Just an opinion. I would throw out the deck and get a new one. I don't like keeping things around with negative associations, in this case the break-up.