Where do you 'Tarot'? Care to share?

Little Baron

I remember a thread like this years ago, so I thought it might be fun to start a new one.

Kind of inspired by the fact that I bought some new fabrics for two tables in my room today.

And I wondered where everyone else 'tarot's'.

My pictures are of a table that I use just as a kind of altar. It's just there for bits and bobs.

And then there is my reading table. If someone comes round for a reading, we can sit there, next to the window, overlooking the trees and such.

And then, where I sit when I am on the laptop, talking with you guys on AT.

Anyone else care to share where they 'tarot'?

LB

Attachments

• low table.jpg
    low table.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 211
  • read table.jpg
    read table.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 203
  • computer.jpg
    computer.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 200

Sinduction

Believe it or not, I do most of my f2f readings in a dance club. For my on-line readings I have a wooden tv tray by my computer desk. Everything else is done while sitting in my comfy reclining chair. I am lazy! :)

a_shikhs

I used to read cards in my bedroom before but had to stop reading there due to a lot of spirit activity. So now I read everywhere in my house beside my bedroom. I love reading at my favourite coffee joint and especially in my balcony which is a small piece of heaven for me. I will post a snap of my balcony someday.

Little Baron

Would love to see your balcony A'S. Sounds very relaxing. I sometimes read in the garden, but not often enough. It can often be noisy out there, so sitting by the window up here is often a compromise. In dimmer light, this room is often very relaxing.

And reading in a dance club, Sin, sounds great!

LB

Knight of Wands

Everywhere in my house :)

celticnoodle

Sinduction said:
Believe it or not, I do most of my f2f readings in a dance club. For my on-line readings I have a wooden tv tray by my computer desk. Everything else is done while sitting in my comfy reclining chair. I am lazy! :)
:laugh: right there with ya, sin! I tend to do most of my readings while also reclining in our recliner love seat. It sits right in front the t.v., and is beside where I generally keep the laptop, & close to the cordless phone, so it's quite convenient! generally in the morning though, I sit at our bar between the kitchen and diningroom, drinking my usual morning tea, and eating toast, while checking out A.T. &/or doing a read for someone. Our bar area is huge 6' long and 4' across, so I have a huge flat area to use for reading. One of my fav places! :) At night though, it's in the reclining love seat. My husband sits in his reclining matching chair, though he plays his computer games while I do tarot, we at least feel like we are 'together'! :laugh: We're both quite lazy in the evenings! however, now that I am beginning to take on clients---I usually sit with them at my diningroom table, as it tends to be most comfortable for both client & myself. I have done readings on my tv tray as well, in whatever room I'm in! I'm pretty versabile---can practically do readings anywhere!

I've also been known to do quick reads right in the car while a passenger, of course! we travel a lot, and so while the hubby is driving, I pass the time doing readings on my lap. :laugh: took awhile to get use to, but I can manage a 3 card read quite easily now!

L.B. thanks for sharing your photos---I'd love to have a room to dedicate to my spiritual endeavors. however, I do not. maybe one day.

Briar Rose

I like reading:

in bed at night

with a friend on the phone

at work (gallery) and slips cards away as not to freak out customers

outside, sunning on the deck

on a mountian top

and by candle-light

Tabby

I "tarot" on my computer on AT. And I do my personal readings on my coffee table in my living room. It's a good size coffee table and it is in one of the rooms where I spend a lot of time in.

Briar Rose

CelticNoodle; I feel a lot of energy from your post. Good energy, but high energy that's fun.

Is that true?

You could make a little spiritual corner table, or at the end of a bookcase.

Deacon76

I do almost all of my reading at my kitchen table, which is an old card table from my grandparents. The thing weighs a ton, and has hinged leaves taht turn it froma square table into a large round one. I usually eat in front of my computer (habit from grad school days, when all I would do was work and write), so the kitchen table never got any use. Now it's got my candles, oil lamp, incense and deck on it. It's bright in my kitchen, but I can hit the lights and use my lamp and stve light if I want a quieter, darker, more subdued atmosphere.

It's funny, because I have a lovely octogonal table from my great-grandparents that I intended to use as sort of a personal meditation table, and it also has incense and some of my favorite icons on it, but I always end up at the kitchen table for spiritual work now. <Shrugs> If I had to guess, I'd say being comfortable probably stems from when I wrote my first book, sitting at the kitchen table in my parent's house.

I'd love to try reading in a cafe sometime, but since I live in Pennsylvania I don't want to risk getting a ticket for it! Might have to move a few miles down the road to Delaware to do that.