Other forms of Quartz

Phoenix

*from my geology class*

There are many different forms of quartz rystals, due to impurities in the stone when it was first formed. Some of these have been mentioned before, namely amethyst(I think) and citrine.

Other quartz minerals are:

Rose quartz - contains either magnesium, or manganese(I can't rememberm but I think that it is manganese)

Rutilated quartz - with needle like inclusions of rutile

Ametrine - Amethyst and citrine occuring together

Tourmalinated quartz - with needle like inclusions of black tourmaline in it.

I use rose quartz as a healing stone, mostly an motional heling stone. I don't have a piece of rutilated quartz, nor ametrine. Tourmalinated quartz is a huge energy booster.....much stronger than regular quartz.

What do you use these crystals for??

Strega

The quartz group also includes Chalcedony, Agate, Jasper, Carnelian, Onyx, and Sardonyx.

Amethyst, Citrine, Rose Quartz, and Smoky Quartz are some of the transparent forms of colored quartz.

Adventurine and Tiger Eye... opaque forms of quartz.

the hermit

of all the quartz mentioned in the post above by strega amethyst is my favorite.

there's already a thread (also listed in strega's post) about it's uses, but i thought i'd share a photo of my 3 amethyst friends.

the smaller sphere is about a 1.75 inch diameter
the larger is about 2.25 inches
the crystal is about 2.75 inches from root to point

i use both spheres for meditation.
and the crystal for healing, sendings and other magickal work.

Attachments

• amethyst.jpg
    amethyst.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 122

the hermit

Smokey Quartz

this gray to almost black tinted quartz is a great cleansing tool that can help with the removal of negative energies from other stones by placing it next to or on top of the other stone.

Phoenix

Smoky quartz is also good for those undergoing chemo-therapy treatments for cancer, according to Marguerite Elsbeth.

catlin

I have a pendulum with red rutile inclusions, looks very nice and is rather helpful but my fav pendulum is the amethyst one.

Demonesse

I just bought a palm-sized ball of a yellow-gold crystal which is either yellow calcite or citrine - anyone know any sites which feature pictures of these so I can figure it out?

What are yellow calcite and citrine good for energy-wise?

coldsuns

Ametrine and Rose Quartz is my favs. They give me a very ncie feeling and stop my nervousy. They look very gentle and clear. They have very cool feelings and seems to be snowing..